Throne of Blood & Iron headcanon please or anything fae headcanon ;)
I hope you don’t mind, but I went with a different fae head canon. I’m not entirely sure where my head canon for Throne of Bone and Iron would go.
1) Caroline Forbes is a sickly toddler, with wheezing lungs and a bad heart. When Bill comes home from one of his business trips with a promise for a new treatment, Liz is too exhausted to question it. She will agree to almost anything if it means her daughter will live. When Bill brings back a happy, bouncing baby with rose in her cheeks, Liz cries. Years later, she remember those months like a hazy dream.
2) Caroline hates Stefan. She hates that he twists Elena’s head so easily, that Bonnie starts to ignore her. These are her friends, not his. Anger pushes her to be petty, and when she introduces herself to Stefan’s brother, she does so with the intent to harm. She digs his grave with steady hands and cold eyes, neck still seeping blood where Damon had bitten her. She doesn’t cover the marks the next day, plays dumb when Stefan tries to question her. She has learned this: vampire exist and they are weak.
3) Caroline meets Klaus the night he breaks his curse. Her father’s words, the truth of her origins, are too loud in her ears so she heads to her favorite spot in the woods to think. Pacing above the rotting bones of the brother Stefan still hunted for, she finds herself face to face with a giant wolf. He doesn’t sit like iron in her gut, but like fire, and so she doesn’t move as he circles her. Reckless perhaps, and possible stupid, she brushes her hand along his spine as he stalks her and tells him he’s beautiful.
4) Klaus in human form is beautiful, and everything inside her covets him. She also hates him, because he took something that belonged to her without permission and killed it. It didn’t matter that it had come back. Klaus laughs, calls her changeling, and leaves her presents. She leaves him pieces of his hybrids, disemboweled wolves on his front porch. He kisses her in the moonlight and smiles with bloody teeth when she bites through his lip.
5) The night of her eighteenth birthday, the hunt comes for her. Racing through the forest she knows so intimately, she tries to outrun the hounds sent to drag her back home. Her father’s bargain had ran out. Just as teeth snapped at her heels, a wolf barreled into the fray, large and terrible. When dawn starts to streak across the horizon she is sweat damp and filthy, blood and ash streaking across her skin and clothes. When Klaus is naked and human again, she watches the dawn catch in his eyes and returns his smile with teeth.send me an au and i’ll give you 5+ headcanons about it