do you have headcanons of how you think Donna would be as a mom?
Ooooh, sure I do!
- I think she would be very careful and will plan her pregnancy, I also think she and Eric would have only one kid. And in case of having two, I think the second one would be kind of an accident, like “oooops, surprise!” but not less welcome.
- She would be torn as to who turn to when she has mom-questions. In one hand, she would love to talk to her mother about most things but she knows she doesn’t agree with some of Midge’s ideas of parenthood, and in the other hand she has Kitty whose parenthood ideas may be more traditional and not at all what Donna may like, but certainly more appropiate for her than her mother’s. She would talk to both and make her own plan and rules, which will be fine for her. She and Eric are the result of both ways, after all and they can be the balance as parents.
- While pregnant, she would be pretty sensitive and everything would make her cry. Like this one time Eric couldn’t find the pair of his green sock and she started crying because she thought of how lonely and sad the lost pair may be. Eric doesn’t know if he’s scared or amused.
- She would call Kelso every weekend to ask him to bring her a brand of sweet popcorn she likes from Chicago. There’s a point in which Kelso is tired, so he just gets her a damn box. It lasted her only a week.
- And, like, she thinks she is going to get super big, but it doesn’t. She can keep doing most her activities and the other girls envy her big time.
- Once Eric catched her putting the cereal bowl she was eating in her belly. She denies it.
- When their kid is born, she is a very careful mom and doesn’t want almost anyone to touch her baby unless they cleaned their hands first. With the pass of the weeks and months, it does away. But the baby is always very clean.
- As she/he grows up, she introduces the kid to books she and Eric consider appropiate and enjoys seeing Eric introduce their kids to his favorite comics and shows that are also appropiate enough.
- In time, they would see their kid chose his/hers own likings and they hope they can be at peace with it. It doesn’t disappoinds them, their kid has good taste.
- Once the kid is a teen, she is the parent they turn for help in school and when they are in trouble. Sometimes, she whishes they would turn to her for other things too, like they go to Eric for romantic advice and friendship stuff. Eric says they complement each other as parents and that makes her feel better.