♥Please never stop doing stuff with your OCs, art, writing, whatever. They’re amazing and interesting, despite what any anons or shitters say, or hell, even if your brain tells you otherwise sometimes. Keep faith in your creations. >:3 ♥
You can’t tell me Uchiha Mikoto wouldn’t have adopted Naruto the MOMENT she realized he was Kushina’s son.
You can’t tell me she didn’t spend HOURS trying to convince Hiruzen to let her take him - to give him a loving home alongside Sasuke, because DAMN IT Kushina was her best friend. There’s no way she didn’t fight tooth and nail, until her voice gave out, to take him into her home and her family.
You can’t tell me she wasn’t devastated when the Hokage and his council refused despite her pleading, her arguing, her begging.
You can’t tell me that she didn’t understand why she - the most suited of new caretakers - wasn’t allowed to give this poor boy a proper future rather than that of an orphan.
…you can’t tell me that her seeing Naruto in that maternity ward in the hospital - sensing that chakra sealed within him, that calls to her Sharingan - didn’t immediately put all the pieces into place. Realizing that not only is he kept from her because he’s the new jinchūriki…but because the Uchiha are no longer trusted to be anywhere near the Kyūbi after the attack.
…you can’t tell me that part of the reason the Uchiha began to rebel was not Mikoto’s doing, hurt and furious at such mistrust from their own village, which in turn cost Naruto a loving home and abandoned him to such a lonely fate. That she was willing to fight not only for her clan’s freedom, but in the memory of the friend she lost to the monster sealed inside her son. Knowing that, should Kushina have any say, that the Uzumaki would have trusted her absolutely - Kyūbi or no Kyūbi - to watch over her son and give him a chance at a happy future, rather than be kept alone and naive to his past and his future.
…you can’t tell me that Mikoto wouldn’t have done anything and everything to preserve the last piece left of her dear friend…even if it meant war.
UGH I have a really fluffy idea,, a bunch of homeless human kids were victims of brutal experiments. They have some cool powers from it, and with combined efforts, they all escaped. Swindle hears about a gang of homeless kids, all camping out in an old abandoned hotel. The ages range from 7-18. They're all traumatized AF, constantly dodging and fighting the people sent to recapture them. Swindle finds one of the older kids, and tells them he'll help fighting the people after them. (Part 1)
(2) The kids are fucking ecstatic. Some cry. They don’t have to fight anymore, they don’t have to run any more, and they finally get enough food. Some of the kids are missing limbs, so they get high-tech prosthetics. One of them cries, because she can finally walk! They just,, finally have what they need. They finally get to be kids. When the time comes where Swindle tells them about the adoption thing, they go silent. One kid steps forward. “We’re all sort of a family already…”
(3) Swindle just smiles, and jokes, “alright, so I’ll just mark you all down as a package deal, then?” And that’s the story of how one(or two?? Or a whole ship crew *looks @ the LL) get like 27 children (sorry that was so long AaaAAH)
OMG! It’s like Oliver Twist but with robots!!! :D :D :D I never knew how much I needed something like this in my life until now!
((Here is a short Tree Bros Prom Au fic that I wrote for my absolutely amazing girlfriend, @kierenrose ^^ ❤❤ ))
Connor bit the inside of his cheek as he debated on whether or not to ring the doorbell a second time. He didn’t think he’d be this nervous over something so ridiculous or normal as picking up his date for prom, but still he couldn’t help but feel tempted to pick at his black nail polish. Of course he’d rather not since he had repainted the normally chipped nail polish just for tonight.
The door suddenly opened in front of him and a blonde woman who looked like she was in her forties gave him a warm smile.
‘This must be Evan’s mom.’ Connor thought to himself as he gave a small smile in return.
“Hi there! You must be Connor, right?”
Connor nodded his head.
“Oh, Evan’ll be right down. Come in, come in! Can I get you anything? Water, some cookies, juice?” She said as she tugged him inside.
“No, thank you.” He politely declined.
“Oh, okay then. Please, sit! I’d like to get to know you a bit, not that Evan hasn’t gushed about you, because Lord knows he has, but-oh! Sorry, I must be talking a mile a minute.” She apologized quickly. Connor smiled slightly at how similar Evan and his mom were when it came to rambling.
“No worries, Ms. Hansen.” He assured her.
“Mom? Is Connor there?” Evan’s voice called from the top of the stairs. Connor quickly stood up and focused on the stairwell as Evan made his way down in a black tux with a blue tie, leaving him in awe. As soon as Evan spotted Connor, he rushed his way down the remainder of the stairs.
“Oh-Connor! Hi!” Evan said, making his way over, already toying with the cuffs of his coat. He then leaned over to his mom. “Mom, I-I asked you to tell me when he got here.” He whispered his reminder.
“Well, I thought I’d get the chance to talk to him a bit, but looks like he was saved by the bell.” She laughed slightly, making her son smile. Evan then returned his attention to Connor, who was still admiring him.
“Every-everything okay, Connor?” Evan asked, blushing at all the attention.
“Oh-yes! You-…You look amazing.” Connor said, feeling a blush of his own crawl up the back of his neck.
“You too. I mean-thank you!-You look amazing too, and I really like your neck bow.” Evan said in one breath, making Connor chuckle.
“Thanks.” Connor said with a smile. “We should probably get going now. Are you all set?” Evan nodded and Connor held out his arm for Evan. Evan hesitated for a moment, as if unsure of whether or not it was alright, but decided to hook his arm with Connor’s.
“Wait! Quick picture before you hit the road!” Evan’s mom, Heidi, quickly reminded them while holding up her camera ready to snap the moment. The boys posed, took the photo, and then made their way to the prom.
Connor and Evan sat in their assigned seats that were labeled with the same number as the one on their tickets. The music was already blasting, and plenty of teens were on the dance floor doing anything but dancing from the looks of it.
“Don’t think I’ve seen that move before!” Connor raised his voice a bit so Evan could hear him over the music and pointed to the dancing teens. Evan’s eyes followed and he quickly looked away, his ears a bright red.
“I take it you haven’t seen it either?” Connor laughed at Evan’s reaction.
“No, I-I haven’t!” Evan replied. “Then again, this is the-the first time I’ve been to something like this?” Connor scooted his chair closer to Evan’s so that they wouldn’t have to raise their voice to hear each other.
“Same. Not a lot of people like having me around, so I tend to avoid these things.”
“So-so, what made you come to-to this one?” Evan stuttered out. Connor felt his heart race, remembering how he had first approached Evan by his locker to ask him to be his date to prom. He knew Evan liked trees, but he didn’t know where to get one, so instead he gave him a cactus with a note that said ‘IOU a bonsai’ on it.
“C-Connor?” Evan said, bringing Connor back to earth and back to the question at hand.
“You.” was his response. Evan looked confused for a moment, but then his mouth fell open in surprise.
“I…I like you, and I wanted to ask you out on a date, but I’m no good with stuff like that so this was the next best thing.” Connor said sheepishly, turning his face away from Evan so he wouldn’t notice his red face as much.
“I-I like you too!” Evan said, quickly drawing back Connor’s attention. Connor looked at Evan in surprise. “Oh gosh-that probably sounded weird, didn’t it? I’m-I’m sorry if it did-” Evan stuttered out, but was silenced when Connor placed his hand over his own.
“No, it wasn’t weird-! I just-holy shit, you like me too?” Connor asked. Evan nodded his head and Connor’s face beamed with joy as he grinned from ear to ear, and Evan quickly returned the smile.
“Guys! Quit the googoo eyes and hit the dance floor!” They heard Zoe call to them and saw she was already dancing with Alana. Evan tugged on Connor’s sleeve, drawing his attention.
“Do you want to-uh-dance with me?” Evan asked Connor shyly. Connor nodded, standing up and holding out a hand which Evan eagerly took, and soon they were on the dance floor.
The two boys danced awkwardly at first, but then became more and more comfortable. From this, Evan discovered Connor does a really good running man, and Connor found out how well Evan does the sprinkler.
“We’re gonna go ahead and slow this down for the night with How Deep Is Your Love by none other than the Bee Gees.” The DJ announced, letting the song play. Evan and Connor stared at each other with an odd look as they listened to the song.
“Where did they pull this from? The cryptids?” Connor asked, making them both laugh.
“Well, at least it’s not a bad song?” Evan replied, still laughing slightly.
“True.” Connor said with a smile before interlocking his fingers with Evan’s. “Can’t let a good song go to waste, right?”
Evan blushed as he and Connor got closer together. Evan placed his other hand on Connor’s shoulder while Connor placed his hand on Evan’s waist. The two of them swayed to the music while holding each other close, and Evan rested his head against Connor’s chest.
“Evan?” Connor whispered.
“Yeah?” Evan whispered back.
“There’s no where else I’d rather be.”
“Me too…” Evan replied with a smile.
Evan lifted his head and he and Connor gazed into each other’s eyes. They felt themselves lean in and before they knew it, their lips met. The music in the background faded along with the other teens on the floor, and it was only them. This was the perfect date…
So I told my irl frien ( the one that im co-writing kotdl with) about how I made the @kotlcpridemonth and she wanted to do it too. I asked to post this with her permission so here it is, its so adorableee I canttt
————–I think I’m addicted? You’re both so i n t o x i c a t i n g , I almost forgot how to breathe. If this is what heaven tastes like & feels like, I think I should start showing up to church on Sundays to praise the Lord. Get on my knees and pray to the higher up, or would you two prefer I get on my knees for somethin’ more s i n f u l.
From anything ever? I’m not good at narrowing it down that precisely, but here are some of my absolute favorites. This is basically an essay…sorry, I really, really love these particular characters, and wanna share some reasons why.
1. Castiel from Supernatural (if the amount of him on my blog didn’t make that obvious…) Cas is that lovely type of character who contradicts himself; he’s ages-old, but still such a newbie about anything on a basic life level that he seems young.
That cute head tilt and confused squint, though.
He’s basically an eldritch murder machine who can (and has) leveled hundreds of enemies on battlefields, yet is also capable of being soft and gentle and is considered by the other angels to have “too much heart.” The sarcastic and deadpan sides of him are often hilarious. It’s interesting watching him learn to have his own free will, and how that basically makes him fall from Heaven.
2. Tony Stark (aka Iron Man) from Marvel. I love seeing a hero who struggles with his own demons, but still manages to save others even though he doesn’t know how to save himself. Tony has PTSD, he covers up his damage with armor and snark, and most people think he’s a rich jerk who laughs off problems because of this. His Arc reactor and health issues are outside signs of just how important technology is to his survival (not to mention technically he’s disabled with the need for the Arc reactor to keep him alive), and he’s a genius who invented his armor and weapons, etc. Tony struggles with alcoholism, which is one of the more realistic demons to fight in a comic book. Add in his “complicated” relationship with Steve Rogers, aka Captain America, and you have have one of my favorite ships. Earth’s Mightiest Heroes Tony is my favorite incarnation of him.
3. Sarah Harding from The Lost World (book, NOT movie.) Book Sarah is a badass. She kicks one of the baddies out from under a Jeep and feeds him to a T-rex. They try to kill her by throwing her overboard, and she freaking swims ashore and survives just fine on a dinosaur-filled island. She’s buff and has short hair and has a motorcycle chase scene where she’s shooting at a velociraptor - movie Sarah is basically another character with the same name.)
4. Percival Endicott Whyborne from Widdershins (and the rest of the Whyborne & Griffin book series.) Has self-worth issues, closeted gay virgin in a steampunky Victorian world that is very homophobic, extremely smart, teaches himself how to use magic, and handles the death cult trying to summon a Cthulhu-like doomsday monster from another dimension surprisingly well. Also works in a museum, is a scholar who studies dead languages, and is tall and socially awkward. What a sweetheart.
5. Bruce Banner (aka the Incredible Hulk) from Marvel. Bruce is another example of a super smart, very tormented hero who remains a hero despite all of his own suffering. The world is not kind to Bruce. He spends half of his time hiding from the government and people hunting him, the other half trying to contain his emotions that will boil over into a literal monster if he doesn’t. He’s not your typical hero type - he’s skinny and unkempt, doesn’t dress fancy, isn’t a smooth talker, and sure as hell isn’t a people person. He’s depressed and guarded and has been suicidal. He was horribly abused as a child, and saw his alcoholic father murder his mother. In the comics he has DID that turns into literal different people - the green Hulk is just one of them. Despite all of this, Bruce dedicates what time he does have to either doctoring people (while hiding out in foreign countries) or to science. He’s one of the smartest people in the Marvel universe, and he could easily have become one of the most terrifying super villains they’ve ever seen. Instead, even though the world hasn’t done him many favors, he still chooses to be a hero and help people.