1) I love researching a city’s landmarks, shopping areas and restaurants before my trip.
2) I love shortlisting hotels after reading reviews online.
3) I love hearing tips from friends and family who have been to the place I’m about to visit.
4) I love designing my itinerary.
5) I love shopping for clothes and shoes to wear on my holiday.
6) I love packing my luggage.
7) I love connecting my laptop to the free airport WiFi and looking at memes as I wait for boarding.
8) I love having an aisle seat on the plane so I can easily move around.
9) I love listening to music and watching movies on the in-flight entertainment system.
10) love airplane food and drinks.
11) I love feeling the plane land.
12) I love looking at the immigration officer, whose face usually seems very foreign to me, reinforcing in my mind that I’ve arrived in another country.
13) I love checking all my messages as I wait for my luggage.
14) I love finally spotting my luggage in the carousel. Always makes me smile.
15) I love seeing my name on a sign at the Arrival hall.
16) I love the mini sightseeing tour the driver gives me on the way to my hotel.
17) I love hearing receptionists pronounce my name with their different accents when I’m checking in.
18) I love staying at old hotels. They have a certain charm to them.
19) I love seeing my hotel room for the first time and then unpacking my things.
20) I love befriending the locals and hanging out with them. The people are always a huge part of the experience.
21) I love the hotel buffet. I always eat about three plates of breakfast food, dessert excluded.
22) I love seeing the buildings, palaces, monuments, parks and museums that I’ve only ever read about in school.
23) I love listening to my tour guide talk about legends and myths and the drama that is history.
24) I love having lunch with my tour guide and hearing about his or her personal life.
25) I love eating local food. Spain’s paella, Italy’s gelato, Greece’s moussaka, and England’s fish and chips are my top four.
26) I love getting back to my hotel to rest after a full day of tours…
27) …and then getting out again to explore the nearby area alone.
28) I love chatting with servers and baristas. They’re among the coolest people I’ve ever met.
29) I love shopping for souvenirs.
30) And lastly, I love looking at photos I took and others took of me. They remind me that my dream destinations are no longer just a fantasy, but a beautiful reality right in front of me. Or behind me. 😂
Two Toned Tuesday
Mint green and pink is my fave summer color combo. Heck, who am I kidding? It’s always my favorite color combo! And the turban-tied tichel took the look all the way from pretty cool to super cool.
Tichel: A Random Manhattan Boutique
Lip: NYC Expert Last Lipstick in Forever Fuchsia
Necklace: Tiffany and Co.
Skirt: Tube Skirts LA
Shoes: A random thrift store – I know, right? Super gross. I love thrift shopping but always pass on used shoes. But these were too perfect! I had to!
Love and shomer kisses,
For furniture I love wayfair! For shoes I like Nordstrom. For jeans I love Abercrombie. For all other clothes I like Nordstrom, Express, ASOS, Abercrombie, GAP. I get all my kid’s clothes at The Gap and Old Navy. I only shop online. I don’t go to the mall anymore. ✌️