First (kinda) Spoilery Thoughts - Outlander 1.14 - The Search
- No Jamie at all in this episode. I was afraid of that. And it’s the same as the book, but you know I was hopeful we’d get something. Like maybe at least Claire thinking or dreaming about him (still haven’t seen the clips from a sex scene in the credits - and now we won’t outside a deleted scene on the DVD. Eps 15 & 16 weren’t shot yet when the show started airing), but nope.
- I liked the episode a lot. It was amusing and hit some book feels. Loved Claire, Jenny and Murtaugh. And my hate for Dougal was cemented even further. All was as it should be. But…
- As has become the norm they did drag a few parts out more than necessary and cut a few other things and now I’m fashing about them cramming the last 110 pages of the book (which at around 627 pages, well, you do the math) covers A LOT of story. A LOT of story that is delicate and emotional and well, when I think about some of the drag assing that has happened in this ep but even worse in earlier episodes… That’s a problem.
- Now I usually always rewatch the episodes again straight away before I go to bed but well, I miss Sam Heughan. I know that is kinda the point, but why not take the cinematic opportunity to show a bit of his story during this ep that we only got second hand in the book? And man, having to wait another week and then just have him in Wentworth… IT’S JUST NOT FAIR!!! *pouts*
- But honestly, missing Jamie aside, I think everyone will at least like this episode if not love it. It was funny. The performances were brilliant. And my ONLY character complaint was I wish the end of the meeting with Dougal had been more like the book. Claire should be as repulsed by Dougal as the audience is, and she appears to be, but then she agrees… Blah!