a HC where Chubby!MC ask her S/O to break up with her because she thought herself as a burden and only embarass her s/o?? *slips hourglasses
lololol I think I’ll classify this as mini-fic tbh haha I write whatever comes out. Mm, I can’t think of V’s reaction, sorry…
Reminder that anon requests are closed atm, as mentioned if you click into our bio’s “Read before Req.” We’re just getting old reqs done first, and denying anon significantly minimizes amount of reqs, but we don’t want to deny all reqs. Anon is still there in case anyone wants to ask questions or talk :3
Warning: Long post.
Chubby MC asks to Break Up
- Jaehee was rubbing her temples, thrown off by your sudden statement. “What brought this on, MC?” she asked, sounding tired and sad already.
- When you didn’t reply, she prompted, “Was it something I did? Was it the chocolate I secretly ate a few weeks ago? Or maybe when I ignored you that one time a while back when I was serving a customer? Or was it because I was top last nigh—“
- “No!!” you exclaimed. Your cheeks were flushed from her previous comment. Lowering your voice, you continued, “No… It’s just me. I-I… I don’t like how I look.”
- She led you to sit down on the couch, running her hand soothingly on your back. Jaehee was staring at you with worried eyes, silently urging you to explain.
- Reluctantly, you began to speak. “Jaehee… you’re really, really pretty… Ever since you quit C&R, you’ve become more feminine and beautiful… So many people turn their heads at the sight of you. I bet nobody even thinks that the one next to you is your lover because I’m so… fat. I really do love you, but I’m only holding you back from finding someone better than me.”
- The hand on your back slowed to a stop. Jaehee took hold of both your hands, looking you straight in the eyes. “MC. Have you ever heard that a woman becomes more beautiful when she falls in love?”
- Without waiting for your reply, she continued, “If you think that I’ve gotten prettier, then it must be because of you. I fell… ah, this sounds cheesy… I fell in love with you. And, it’s also thanks to you that I gained the courage to leave C&R to start a coffeeshop. I can only be so happy because you were by my side, so please, don’t think you’re not good enough for me. If it wasn’t for you, I would still be sitting unhappily at a desk and waiting on Mr. Han day and night.”
- Jaehee’s desperation to express her appreciation brought tears to your eyes. You wrapped your arms around her tightly, letting yourself cry on her shoulder. All you could think of was, Thank you, for accepting me.
- You were sat atop Zen’s lap, flipping through a magazine
together. In it was the release of Zen’s latest photoshoot, along with an
interview from a famous reporter. Zen had been so excited for the opportunity,
a wide smile on his face when he explained that it would spread his name across
- “It’s almost like I’m actually famous or something,” he
murmured in wonder, looking pleased. You giggled to yourself, knowing he was
much more popular than he gave himself credit for.
- Your eyes fell to the magazine pages, a submitted fan
article catching your eye:
- Although the actor
claims to be in a relationship, we suspect that it is a company tactic. The ‘girlfriend’
in question appears to be very plain, and hardly attractive compared to any
model Zen has worked with in the past. Had she been more visually appealing, it
would’ve raised more dissatisfaction and jealousy. As it is now, no one fears
that she will steal our Zenny from the stage, nor will we worry about him
getting into a relationship with a beautiful model. Smart move, @ Zen’s
- Your breath hitched. Were you really that ugly? To the
extent that you weren’t even competition to his fans? It’s not like you wanted
to be the object of envy, but it hurt that they didn’t consider your relationship
serious. Were you really that
mismatched with him?
- …Zen is very
handsome, after all.
- “Zen,” you whispered, trying to control your shaky voice. “We
should break up.”
- He met your eyes with shock. “Jagi? Why so suddenly?”
- You couldn’t blame him for asking, it was really out of the
blue. In fact, you weren’t even sure why you’d said it. But the words just kept
rolling off your tongue.
- “Look at what they’re saying. Nobody believes I’m even
worthy of being your girlfriend. It’s probably because you’re so handsome, and
I’m just… fat.” You gestured to yourself as if to make a point. “We’re too
different, Zen. We’re in two completely different worlds.”
- He frowned. “Jagi, do you think I’m handsome?”
- You rolled your eyes, huffing, “Yes, in fact, I just said
- “But do you love me because
I’m handsome?” His eyes met yours, a serious look in them. “Would you love
me if I wasn’t handsome? If I didn’t have my muscles, or my abs, or my face, or
my height. From what I’ve learned about you over the time we’ve been together, I
sincerely don’t think you would mind. And, it’s true that I always see gorgeous
models who have slim bodies, but after seeing them so much at work, I’m already
sick of it. I can’t even appreciate their beauty.”
- Zen slipped a finger under your chin, tilting your head to meet his lips with a gentle kiss. With his sharp red eyes burning into yours, he whispered, “But you… you’re endlessly beautiful in my eyes. Yes, maybe it’s true that you don’t have exceptional looks. But, even if you’re not the first person I notice in the crowds, you’re the only person I’m looking for.”
- When the words first slipped past your lips, he thought he’d misheard you. Break up? With him? Why?
- A long silence hung in the air.
- “I… is there something I’m doing wrong?” he quietly asked you, lowering his head to hide his expression.
- You quickly shook your head, explaining that you just weren’t good enough for him. “You’re the heir to a huge company, you’ve received high education and your family has a status… we’re part of different worlds, you know? It takes so much courage for to even stand beside you… Even the newspapers say we’re mismatched.”
- Jumin frowned at your words. “MC…” he dragged out your name, raising his head slowly to look into your eyes. “That’s never bothered you before… When we first started dating, I made sure you were able to tolerate this. You told me you’d be fine… I don’t think you were lying at that time.”
- You remained silent, averting your eyes as you let him continue speaking.
- “MC… what’s really bothering you?” he asked you softly, reaching to caress your cheek.
- Your throat felt painful as you tried to hold back your tears. “It’s not like I really want to break up with you,” you began. “B-but… it’s true that we’re incompatible. Everyone knows it.”
- “What do you mean? Who’s ‘everyone?’”
- “Everyone online, the news, your father… everyone! I’m so fat. I’m not worthy of standing beside someone as handsome as you… I don’t even look like I’m your girlfriend…”
- Jumin’s eyes turned cold with disappointment. He walked past you without looking at your face, his jaw clenched. “MC…” he murmured lowly. “Do you remember why I fell for you, in the first place?”
- He only left you to find your answers in silence.
- Why he liked you…? Jumin always told you that you were different from all the other women in his life… Because you weren’t after his wealth or status… You truly loved him for who he was. What did that have to do with—Oh.
- You immediately ran out of the room to find him, tackling him with a hug as soon as you saw him. “I’m sorry!” You chose to apologize first. “I’m sorry… I know I shouldn’t worry about what others think. It’s just, what they’re saying is making me feel insecure about myself… I’m not worried about our relationship, I know you love me and I love you, but… what they’re saying about my body really hurts.”
- He stroked your head softly, a small sigh escaping his lips as he stared down at you apologetically. “I’m sorry that I have to put you through this. But I can’t control whose family I’m born into, or how others see me, or what they say about me and the people around me. All I have to give, is all that I am. Are you able to accept that?”
- “Of course!”
- “And if I gained weight, would your answer be different?”
- Your cheeks flushed red as you shook your head. No… he would still be the man you love.
- “The same goes for me, MC,” he whispered gently, cradling you in his arms. “I’ll say it over and over, however many times you need to hear it. I love you for who you are. No matter what others say, I’m proud that you’re mine.
- “Break up?” he repeated, blinking dumbfoundedly as if to process your words.
- You only nodded in confirmation.
- It was obvious that he was trying to control his anxious feelings, the way he attempted to quiet down his short, quick breaths. “W-why?” he stammered.
- You lowered your eyes, whispering the answer.
- He tilted his head, not catching that.
- “Doesn’t it embarrass you to have a girlfriend this fat?” you mumbled a little louder. “I bet there are so many cuter, thinner girls in your college classes who want to date you instead. You have so many options. I don’t think anybody wants to date someone fat like this… You should go out with someone else instead. I think we should break up.”
- Yoosung visibly relaxed, a small smile adorning his face instead.
- Confused, you asked, “Why are you smiling?”
- “Ah, sorry!! I’m not making fun of you or anything, I swear!” A blush crept onto his cheeks. “It’s just that… I’m secretly glad that nobody else except me sees all your good qualities… I-I want you all to myself. I want to be the only one to see how concentrated you are when you try to cook, the only one to wipe away your tears, and the only one to make you smile… I want to be with you, MC. You’re not an embarrassment to me.”
- You frowned as you stared at your puppy-eyed, blushing boyfriend. Your previous thoughts of insecurity and breaking up were dispelled by one: Why is my boyfriend cuter than me??
- You’d told him you wanted to break up while he was playing
with a claw machine in the arcade. His head snapped in your direction
immediately, eyes wide with surprise and confusion.
- In a small, pained voice, he managed to utter hoarsely,
“Break up…? Why?”
- But you could only run off in response. It hurt enough,
having to tell the man you love with all your heart that you wanted to break
up. But his upset expression only killed you inside even more. God, you didn’t
want to hurt him.
- But you didn’t want to keep feeling like this, either.
- That night, when he returned to the apartment, you were
laying on the couch, feeling guilty and ashamed.
- “MC… Please… at least give me an explanation,” he whispered
- You glanced up, noticing the redness of his eyes and feeling
another pang of guilt hit you immediately. “I… I’m sorry. I’m just not good
enough for you,” you choked out, tears welling up in your eyes. “I’m only an
embarrassment for you.”
- Saeyoung furrowed his eyebrows, watching you carefully.
“What do you mean?”
- “I’m so…” you gestured to yourself exaggeratedly. “fat. Look
at me! I’m so ugly.”
- “What? You’re the most beautiful person I’ve ever seen!” he
argued back. “A little fat doesn’t take
away from your beauty. Please, MC… I love you.”
- You looked down at your feet, not saying anything.
- “I’ll gain weight too,” the redhead declared triumphantly.
“And I’ll still be beautiful!”
- You weren’t sure whether to feel touched or disturbed, but a
smile graced your face, regardless.
- He stayed true to his word, and when his stomach had enough
fat to squish around, he ran to show you, lifting up his shirt and smacking
himself excitedly. “Look at meeee!!!”
- It would’ve been less embarrassing if he hadn’t done that in
the middle of a high class restaurant.
- “MC, check this out!” Saeran grinned devilishly as he exited
the changeroom, cocking his head to the side as he showed off the outfit. Damn,
he looked fiiine.
- You raised both your hands, showing thumbs up, a small smile
on your face. His eyes softened affectionately as he caught your eye, returning
- You could hear excited whispers behind you, feminine voices,
gushing over how hot the white-haired man looked. …Huh? They’re talking about Saeran…
- “He looks so hot!! Do you think he has a girlfriend?”
- “What about that girl next to him?”
- “Eww, she’s so fat, no way! Must be his sister or something.”
- “There’s no way a guy as good-looking as him would have
someone like her related to him.”
- Laughter followed.
- The smile fell off your face. Was that how it looked to
outsiders? It was then that you suddenly burst out, “Saeran. Let’s break up.”
- He froze, every inch of his body tense from your words. He
slowly met your eyes, looking as if he couldn’t breathe anymore. Even his voice
sounded breathless as he choked out, “What?”
- The walk back to the car was torturously silent and awkward.
The entire time, you were inwardly kicking yourself for saying that. You hadn’t
meant to… god, what if he took you seriously? What if he really did break up
with you? Maybe he wanted this too. Maybe he wanted a girlfriend who was cuter,
thinner and just generally more attractive—anyone but you.
- When he sat in the driver’s seat, Saeran couldn’t even find
the energy to start up the car. “MC… can we talk about this? Please.”
- You took a deep breath, mustering up what little courage you
had. “I, I don’t know. It’s just, we don’t look good together. The girls back
there… they didn’t think I could even be related
to you, let alone be your girlfriend. Walking around with someone as fat as me
must be really embarrassing for you. I don’t want that. I don’t want to
- Saeran looked even more wounded by what you’d just said than
when you’d asked to break up. “Do you really think I care about something like
that?” He directed a fierce glare at you, his words harsh with passion.
- Taken aback, you could only stare at him in surprise.
- He went on, “I was this edgy, depressed kid who hated the
world and wanted to die, hurting everyone who tried to help me. But you
accepted me even with my baggage, you took care of me… You stayed, unlike
everyone else who gave up. And you’re still here. I… It’s because of you that I
can smile now. Do you really think I’d care about something as shallow as your
weight or your appearance?”
- You quietly shook your head, eyes downcast. You hadn’t realized
how much he treasured something as simple as that.
- Saeran pressed his forehead against yours, murmuring softly,
“I don’t care how others look at us. There will be people who think I’m not
good for you just because of the way I dress, and there will be people who
think you’re not good for me just because they can’t see how beautiful you are.
But we’ll never be able to meet everyone’s
standards, and we don’t have to, okay?”