My heart twinges just a little bit when I think about Vetra’s favorite food being a sugary, kitschy cereal that’s clearly aimed at children. It makes me think of a young Vetra, suddenly alone in the world with a very young sister who doesn’t yet understand their situation, and they don’t have much money but they have enough for this cheap cereal. Sid doesn’t know any better. All she knows is that her big sister brings home her favorite breakfast food that dad hardly ever gave them, and isn’t this fun. And Vetra sees how happy and carefree Sid is, and she feels like maybe, just maybe, she can provide for her and keep her fed and safe.
And on the Tempest, when she’s away from Sid, and she starts to worry, a big bowl of Blast-Ohs makes her feel better and think maybe, just maybe, they can save everyone.
Warm up prompt: sheith stranded in an ice cave! (I love you're writing btw and wish u the best)
sort of a loose continuation of this! I write them platonic, but you may read them however you wish :)
“Okay,” Shiro says, for the third time. “A cave-in’s not the worst thing that could’ve happened. Yellow’s going to be here any moment; Hunk’ll be able to dig us right out. We just have to wait until then.”
“We s-s-should’ve brought Red,” Keith grumbles. He’s shivering, breath coming out in miserable puffs. The crack in his armor’s starkly visible, a broad fissure stretching from shoulder nearly to ribcage. The armor’d taken the brunt of the damage; Keith was lucky, if also very cold. “S-she’d j-just b-b-burn it d-down.”
“And then we’d drown in the melting water,” Shiro says, entirely too good-naturedly for the situation. “Hey. Come here. You’re shaking.”
11) things you said when you were drunk as it turns out, this prompt was really fun to do, and so it got kind of long…whoops. thank you sending it in!!! you can send me more prompts here!
Looking at Alvarez feels like drowning. It’s like, she’s completely herself all the time, no secrets, no hidden parts. She’s completely comfortable as she is, and it makes Laila’s heart race.
It’s probably the alcohol in her system, but she can’t stop thinking about Alvarez pressed against her, even in front of the team.
It’s allowed, Laila knows it is. That’s her girlfriend. Her fucking girlfriend. She’s never had a girlfriend before. Not before Sofia.
That’s her name and it’s lovely. It sounds right on Laila’s tongue, Sofia — not Sofie, not Sof, Sofia. And it’s hardly that all, really. Everyone calls her Alvarez, because that’s what she’d instructed from day one.
Only Laila gets to call her Sofia and only when they’re alone. With the team she can call her whatever. It’s like a game. One minute she’s Janet, the next she’s Kimberly. The freshman don’t know her real name and they’ll never find out. To them, she’s simply Alvarez, a mouthy backliner that can drink nine shots in under eleven seconds.
Beautifully multitalented in every sense of the word.
How long have you been a Sonic fan: Since 2009…I think?
First Sonic game played: Sonic Unleashed on Wii! However I only played the tutorial level at a friend’s house. First full play-through game was Sonic and the Black Knight and I fell IN LOVE
Top 3 Favorite Characters: Sonic, Shadow, Tails. Special mention to every Chao ever…….I love and will adopt all of you.
Favorite Vocal Track: What I’m Made Of from Sonic Heroes. It’s not even my favourite boss battle, but the song just gets me so fired up every time and I love the guitar?? It’s so melodic, like it’s a backup singer in itself.
Favorite Nonvocal track: INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT TO DECIDE but I’m going with Metal Harbor from Sonic Adventure 2. Energetic rock and roll with fun funky trumpets? I think YES. (also applies to Ocean Palace from Heroes <3).
Top 3 Games: Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Generations.
Top 5 Stages: City Escape (SA2), Frog Forest (Heroes), Rooftop Run Act 2 (Generations), Starlight Carnival (Colours), Windmill Isle Act 2 (Unleashed). Bonus: Honeycomb Highway (Lost World) because it deserves some love.
Favorite Team (Sonic, Dark, Rose, Chaotix): I would say Dark because they’re so interesting and complex but I’m a total sucker for Team Sonic. I love my boys :’)
Favorite game intro: SONIC UNLEASHED. So beautiful holy shit I get excited every time I see it. PLEASE let the movie be like this!!!
Which game has the best story: Sonic Adventure 2! The plot could have been executed better and probably needs a bit of tweaking, but I just love all these different chaotic things happening at once, across the world, and then the whole gang coming together at the end to save the day. I think it’d make an excellent Sonic movie (again with a bit of tweaking).
2D, 3D, or both: 3D. I have nothing against 2D, it just doesn’t excite me as much as 3D. In 3D, I feel like I truly AM Sonic!!! NYOOM
Sonic Mania or Sonic Forces: JOIN THE R E SI S T A NCE
Which character(s) would you want to see in the Boom show: Big the Cat tbh!! I feel like his friendliness and laidback attitude would fit right in the beachy island of the Boomverse. I’d love to see the gang have an adventure with him and see him as like this fun uncle xD Boom is a goofy show, and Big is a goofy character! Best Sonic show: Sonic X (still making my way through it) Favorite Sonic era (Classic, Adventure, Modern, Boom): Adventure. But Modern comes very close. Also Boom has it’s own era now…? I guess it’s been quite a while since the Modern era flourished :^(
I love all of you so much and I had such an amazing birthday :) thank you!!! You made it possible for me to be so happy!! Thank you so so much!!! And I’m crying a little from happiness because of a certain jiminy, but it’s okay. Because I love all of you with all my heart and I’m so very glad that you’re all here!! It means so very much to me ^-^ I hope everyone has/had an amazing day!! You are all so amazing and wonderful and nice and cute!!! You deserve all the good things :)
brooklyn nine nine is really good to us when it comes to friendships, because every character has such unique friendships and bonding scenes with the others but i dont think we talk about rosas and charles friendship enough because damn:
- we start the show with charles being head over heels for rosa, who is clearly not interested
- rosa tells him, very clearly, that she thinks hes sweet and really likes him as a friend but shes not interested in dating him
- it takes charles some time to get over her, but he does!! apologizes for being weird and making her uncomfortable!! and they go on having an incredibly strong and close friendship!!
- at one point charles even takes a bullet for her, which could have led to the whole “just give him a chance” trope but nope b99 doesnt do that bs, they talk it out and they never end up together
- they are so close that charles even helps rosas bf to plan for her birthday because he knows her so well!! she loves it!!
- rosa asks charles to be her bridesmaid because they are so close and she knows charles would love that!! he does!!
- charles plans her the best bachelorette party and rosa absolutely loves it!! she gets so excited she literally lifts charles up from the floor??
- sometimes between working cases they go to have foot massages together?? that was so cute??
- charles helps rosa text her boyfriend?? because shes not that great at pickup lines?? how cute??
- the writers could have easily opted to go with the “less attractive man falls for his way hotter coworker whos not interested but ends up giving him a chance because he is nice (and wont stop pestering her)” trope but instead we got this beautiful beautiful brotp