- “Well, Rosa, I read an article in a medical journal that said one destabilising aspect of incarceration is the constant dehumanisation, Rosa. You need to be reminded that you’re more than just a number, Rosa. You are Rosa… Rosa.”
okay so I just feel the need to say why Brooklyn nine nine is the best show so strap yourselves in it’s gon be long
* first off, hella diverse cast
* and no “token” characters there just for the sake of diversity, each character has very different personalities from each other and represent the actual population
* despite totally different personalities they are all really good friends and care about each other so much- each character’s relationship is different and I find that beautiful
* wE HAVE A BLACK GAY MAN IN THE HIGHEST POSITION OF POWER IN THE PRECINCT?? that’s so cool
* amy santiago is never played off as “just Jake’s love interest/girlfriend” she has all her own plots and stories and is amazing and strong and the best
* healthy communication in amy and jakes relationship !!! making sure it doesn’t stop them from doing their job to the best of both their abilities !!!
* Terry is a very macho “man’s” man but isn’t afraid to show his feelings and it’s real nice to see them show how being emotional doesn’t make you a weak man
* the solidarity between the girls because we gotta stick together
* “I met god” “what does she look like?” “Ethnically ambiguous"
* constantly calling out the world for all it’s shit (homophobia, racism, gun laws, corruptness of the police, sexism, I cOULD GO ON)
* and now the reason I decided to make this now: THEY JUST MADE A WHOLE EPISODE ABOUT HOW BULLSHIT RACIAL PROFILING IS
* a show about cops still managed to find a way to talk about it bc they know it’s an important issue and did it in such an incredible way
* showed two sides of dealing with the situation, holts plan and terrys, and neither were ideal, both would have backlash for Terry more than the dickhead who stopped him tbh
* and showing Jake doing hella suspicious shit and not getting stopped
* oNCE AGAIN CALLING OUT THE WORLD FOR ITS SHIT
* (but this time with a whole ep not just mentions bless)
* also Jake and amy having to explain it all to Terry’s kids was v upsetting to see how scared they were at first that this would happen just because they were born as they were
* AND mentions of transphobia and telling the twins it’s okay if they don’t identify as female, what other show would
this ain’t even everything it was just getting v long
BASICALLY no show is as woke as brooklyn nine nine, it’s hella funny too with great plots and ships too if that’s what you look for and everyone should watch and @ fox if you don’t renew I will fight it is better than all other shows
*sighs dramatically* *takes deep breath* MICKEY MILKOVICH DESERVED BETTER. IAN WANTED MICKEY TO KISS HIM, SO MICKEY KISSED HIM. WHEN MICKEYS FATHER WALKED IN ON THEM, HE STOPPED HIS FATHER FROM HITTING IAN AND TOOK A BRUTAL BEATING FROM HIM INSTEAD. HE WAS RAPED WHILE HIS FATHER WATCHED. IAN TOLD MICKEY HE WASNT FREE, MICKEY TOLD HIM WHAT THEY HAVE MAKES HIM FREE, THEN CAME OUT IN FRONT OF HIS HOMOPHOBIC FATHER AND TOOK ANOTHER BRUTAL BEATING. WHEN MICKEY FOUND OUT ABOUT IANS ILLNESS, HE WANTED TO LOOK AFTER HIM BY HIMSELF, THEN HE WAS WORRIED SICK AND TRIED TO GET HIM SOME HELP. IAN STOLE MICKEYS CHILD AND MICKEY STILL WANTED TO HELP IAN AND MAKE HIM BETTER. IAN WANTED MICKEY TO LOVE HIM AND HE DID, HE LOVED HIM SO FUCKING MUCH AND HE CARED ABOUT HIM AND IT STILL WASNT ENOUGH. Mickey. Fucking. Milkovich. Deserved. So. Much. Better. FUCK.
Bones - 12x12 The End In The End Memories shared by the cast while filming the series finale Story by: Stephen Nathan Written by: Michael Peterson, Jonathan Collier, Karine Rosenthal Directed by: David Boreanaz
“When I look back on these past twelve seasons, the thing I will remember most is all of you.Our cast and crew has been professional, dedicated, hard-working, but, most importantly, kind. No matter where our lives take us from here, we have shared something very special together. And I am so grateful for that.” - Emily Deschanel
“I just love all the people up here. They respect you, they believe in you. They support each other. And it’s such a great environment to be a part of. I was blessed to meet these people. They’ve got me through lots of stuff in my life. […] We went to war when we started this, and we’re gonna come out with the flag high. […] And I love them all.” - David Boreanaz
Go back,” said Granny. “You call yourself some kind of goddess and you know nothing, madam, nothing. What don’t die can’t live. What don’t live can’t change. What don’t change can’t learn. The smallest creature that dies in the grass knows more than you. You’re right. I’m older. You’ve lived longer than me but I’m older than you. And better'n you. And, madam, that ain’t hard.