You guys. I saw my childhood come alive on stage today.
This show is incredibly silly, but in the best possible way. The actors were phenomenal and so, so accurate.
- Annabeth is blonde and has curly hair. Enough said. (Kristin Stokes was fabulous, and v v badass)
- The set was super minimalist and it worked so well?? They did a fantastic job incorporating the set into the action, so when cast/crew moved set pieces it didn’t look awkward, it just fit.
- I really can’t explain how great the cast was. There were like 7 or 8 cast members, and most of them played multiple characters and killed it. Every single cast member was memorable.
- There were lines DIRECTLY FROM THE BOOK. And every single time they said one of them the audience gave a collective gasp
- “You drool when you sleep” “Seaweed brain” “Wise Girl”
- I admit I wasn’t impressed with “Good Kid” when I heard it online, but live it was great. The music is so so so good, and it’s driving me crazy that there’s no soundtrack yet.
- Personally speaking, I came close to crying the second I walked into the theater. I guess I didn’t realize how much I missed acting and being in a theater, being part of a cast. I’m so ready to go back to that.
- Also personally speaking, I’m vaguely in love with both Chris Mccarrell and Kristen Stokes. So I’ll let you know how that works out.
- God I was gonna go on and on but I’m getting overwhelmed because I’m a weenie lmao. TL;DR I loved it, it made me slightly emotional, and it. was. GOOD.