The Best Concert I’ve been to yet: Green Day
Mind you I haven’t been to many
concerts, but this one was awesome! I don’t know how to write it all, so I thought
I’d do a list in no particular order:
- Just before the band got on stage Bohemian
Rhapsody played and everyone belted out the lyrics, it was a cool way to start
- Right away I noticed people that
had previously been a bit grumpy before the show started, threw themselves into
it as soon as the music started. The music made them come alive in a way and it
just made me really happy.
- Billie Joe got three people to come up on stage:
- A girl that sang and then jumped into the audience to surf the crowd
- Another girl a little later on that took over the show and was dancing and walking from one end of the stage to the other and turning the mike to the audience so they could sing along and then she too crowd surfed
- The last time, Billie Joe was looking for someone to play guitar and found this nine year old boy in the audience who got to come up on the stage strum a few chords and them got to keep the guitar. Everyone shouting his name (Riley) afterwards.
- The t-shirts that said “no racism,
no sexism, no homophobia” on the back and Billie Joe getting everyone to repeat
after him those exact words.
- Him not so subtlety referring to Donald
Trump throughout the show and being thankful we were all in Canada that night
and that we “left the bullshit at the border.”
- Singing Hey Jude together, just randomly
in the middle of the show (and one other song that has now escaped me, but I think
it was Satisfaction by the Rolling Stones).
- The Saxophone player that got his
own little chance to take the full stage, and he was really really good too.
- Playing songs all the way from
their 1991 album.
- The Encore that Included:
- American Idiot
- Jesus of Suburbia
- 21 Guns (my favourite out of all of them)
- Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)
- I just love how music brings everyone
together and how fun and hyped up the band as well as the audience was. It was
such a good time.