I love that post you did a while ago about Pidge actually enjoying Lance's company and how Lance can be himself around her like how sweet! Do you have any headcannons about their relationship? (Either ship wise or just as best bros?)
Listen, I have so many thoughts about Pidge and Lance. Enough that I had to drag myself out of bed and onto my laptop to answer this, because my phone just won’t do. I’m gonna start with brOtp Pidge and Lance, because that’s my jam.
- After their initial meetup kerfuffle at the Garrison, Pidge and Lance actually become very close.
- They’re actually known around the Garrison for their joint effort shenanigans: “Gunderson and McClain are running a poker tournament in their room again tonight.” “I hate playing against them, they always wipe me out of my allowance.”
- Total Weebs™. Pidge used to make fun of Lance for watching entry level anime and completely imparted her fathomless depths of anime recommendations on him.
- Lance taught Pidge how to swim.
- Pidge= makeshift stuffed animal. Lance has a bad day and just needs to hold onto something
or someone, he’s carrying Pidge right onto the couch and squishing his face into her tummy, because she’s soft and warm and plays with his hair and tells him that it’s going to be okay.
- Not afraid of crying around each other.
- Pidge makes an active effort to learn Spanish (like her attempts at Altean, only more successful). She doesn’t really ever speak it to him, but it’s important that she learns her best friends first language.
- Lance has Protective Mom Mode: “Pidge, sunscreen, this planet has no shade!” “I got you a headband so you can keep all of that hair out of your eyes, it’s dangerous on missions.”
- Radio Lance, sings to Pidge when no one’s around and she’s lonely. Does a rad cover of ‘Steal my Sunshine’ by Len.
I hope my presentation has convinced you all to get on the winning team of Best Friends 5eva Pidge and Lance