it’s already starting to get uncomfortably warm where I live, so here are some hot weather survival tips to help y’all keep looking effortlessly flawless even when your face feels like it’s melting off
You want sweatproof foundation? Add a primer and a setting spray to your makeup routine. e.l.f. has pretty decent ones for really great prices (the primer is like $3-5 depending on the store you go to, and the setting spray is like $3-7), and they’re cruelty-free!
You wanna wear a skirt/dress, but your thighs are all chafe-y? Rub some deodorant on the inside of your thighs to help eliminate friction. It may sound weird but it really does help.
If you live somewhere that has really humid summers, you can keep your hair from getting too crazy frizzy by using a serum (I use Designline’s Silk Drops, but that one’s a little pricey – OGX has a good one that’s way cheaper and smells like coconut). Squeeze a dime-sized amount into your hand, rub your fingers together, and run it through the length of your hair. If you want to go a step further, you can spray some hairspray into your hand, rub your hands together, and then run your hands over your hair to smooth it down.
BB cream is generally lighter and less cake-y than foundation, and in hot weather it’s less likely to melt off. I haven’t found a good cruelty-free one that’s pale enough for me yet, but Maybelline has a decent one that I used to use.
Liquid eyeliner is sweatproof, and the really good ones are even pool-proof. You should also make sure your mascara is waterproof so it won’t run when you sweat.
DO NOT SHAVE EVERY DAY. Shaving too often will give you dry skin and razor burn, which is super uncomfortable. You should be shaving every 2-3 days AT THE MOST. Also, use conditioner instead of shaving cream (it’s cheaper and works way better) and apply lotion as soon as you finish shaving.
If you’re struggling with sweaty skin and summer acne, try using a face wash, scrub, or mask with activated charcoal in it. It sounds weird, but it really works and is gentle enough for sensitive skin.
If your face gets all shiny over the course of the day, you might want to look into getting some blotting sheets (or “oil-absorbing sheets,” as they’re sometimes labeled) to keep in your backpack or purse. You just pat them on your face, and they absorb all the extra oil and help you look more matte and less shiny. You don’t even have to buy special blotting sheets – I had a friend who made her own by just cutting some tissue paper into little squares, and they worked really well!
Dry shampoo is a lifesaver, especially if your hair gets greasy and sweaty during the day. You can buy a cute lil bottle to keep in your purse, and use as needed throughout the day.
Every March/April, Walmart starts selling cheap flip flops for like a dollar a pair. I highly recommend going and buying a pair or two, because it’s honestly never a bad idea to have some cheap flip flops on hand, especially if you go swimming a lot.
Coconut oil is your best friend. You can put it on your lips to keep them soft and plump, you can put it in your hair as a deep conditioning treatment, you can use it to soften dry, rough skin like on your elbows and the soles of your feet – just do whatever. You can also substitute it for vegetable oil when you bake cookies or brownies; it tastes better and is better for you. 10/10
If you’re insecure about wearing revealing clothing because you have scars/stretch marks/ect., Vitamin E oil is really great for helping them fade. I am very clumsy and scar very easily, and this stuff is a life saver. (And of course, scars and stretch marks are nothing to be ashamed of – I personally think stretch marks are extremely adorable and love mine a lot – but if yours make you uncomfortable you have every right to use a treatment like this to make them less noticeable.)
I know you’ve probably already heard this a million times, but YOU NEED TO DRINK WATER. ESPECIALLY WHEN IT’S HOT AND YOU’RE SWEATING. Trust me, dehydration and heat stroke are not fun, you do not wanna go there. Drink whenever you have the chance. And yes, it does have to be water. Soda literally just makes you more dehydrated.
If you’re going to go to the beach or pool, go in the late afternoon/evening (like 4:00 p.m. or later). It’ll be way, way less crowded, and the sun will already be starting to chill out, so you have way less of a chance of getting burned.
If you DO get sunburned, aloe vera gel can save the day. When I was fourteen I got a sunburn so bad that I couldn’t sleep (because my soft, silky sheets were hurting me when they rubbed my skin) and almost had permanent scarring. My friend brought me some of this stuff and not only did it provide instant pain relief, but my burns healed completely and didn’t scar!
If you are out in the sun and start to feel dizzy, lightheaded, or nauseous, or if you develop a headache, get yourself to a cool, shady place (preferably inside an air-conditioned building) IMMEDIATELY.
DON’T WEAR SANDALS TO A CONCERT, FESTIVAL, OR OTHER OUTDOORS EVENT. TRUST ME. YOUR FEET WILL GET SO DIRTY AND GROSS, IT’S NOT WORTH IT.
You can make a really good body scrub by combining sugar, olive oil or honey, and a few drops of lemon juice. You can use it to exfoliate your body or even your face, especially if your skin gets kind of rough during the summer.
I probably sound like such a mom right now, but please don’t forget to sleep this summer. Teens and adults need AT LEAST eight hours a night to function normally, and lack of sleep can lead to heightened anxiety and lack of focus, and can even make you gain or retain weight.
Eating is important, too. I know I, for one, sometimes forget to feed myself if someone doesn’t remind me, but it’s important to make sure you’re getting 1200-1600 calories a day at the very least. And obviously you’ll need to eat more on days that you’re walking or exercising a lot, like if you go to a festival or on a hike.
- Stuttering right from the get-go as a result of lack of Anxiety? Speech feels more like it would be Logic’s department
- Thomas is very smiley
- He associates a visit with Logan as a sign that something is wrong. This needs discussion
- Facial expression on Logan
- “You’re a really good try-er Logan” He is trying really hard to be able to communicate in slang so as to understand and be understood, but gets mocked about it at every turn.
- Logan wants to check on the others
- Creativity, not Princey
- “Is everything gucci Thomas?”
- “The amount of mistakes you’ve made is infinitesimal?” It’s joking and teasing, but making mistakes really pisses Logan off and appears to hurt him. One would think that Patton of all people would pick up on that and know not to push?
- (Two jokes about sex in this video,,, ok thomas)
- Logan seems to be having difficulty expressing what he means (see the “try-er” bullet point). He does actually seem to be in a lot of distress this video
- Parallels: This and the Making Some Changed video. Something’s wrong but I don’t know what
- Patton loves his family dearly and wants this made clear
- “You two both act like you know all the answers, but you keep overlooking something so simple.” The key word here is Act.
- Both Roman and Logan immediately patronize Pat. This returns to the video about growing up, where they mocked him. Without Anxiety, who did fire back at least some, they continue to treat Morality with no respect and like he’s a child. Frankly, it makes me extremely upset because as goofy of a character as he is, Patton has depth and he’s literally the embodiment of emotion. Back to the Q&A, he said “Don’t patronize me,” then came back to gush, but there was some genuine frustration to the remark.
- Once again Roman doesn’t like messes (Growing up video- the most disgusted about an unwashed shirt)
- Thomas bb I don’t care if it’s for a vlog, fix your hair
- “Count Woe-laf” listen you little shit, don’t you dare compare any aspect of Thomas to that abusive disgrace for any reason
- Anxiety listens to PG-13 music
- Apparently Patton knows that Anxiety responds better to reassurance and love as opposed to a normal summons, which Anxiety probably associates with negative memories. I mean, every time he shows up, he’s disrespected, insulted, and belittled. Do you blame him for not wanting to come to the vlog?
- Morality likes Anxiety’s makeup
- “Love has failed me.” “That can be applied to many instances in life…” Let’s ignore what Thomas just said for a sec and notice- Patton’s expression and way of delivering that line was eerily similar to “Well, I’m hopelessly crushed” in the valentine’s day video
- Patton considers Anxiety part of the ‘family.’ Roman does not.
- “He contributes more than what you credit him. He is more than just Anxiety, although that is a significant part of who he is.” “I just don’t get why he’s necessary.” Logan, even, seems to have realized that Anxiety does have emotions, thoughts, and an independent existence, something both Morality and Thomas have always grasped. Roman seems to refuse to accept that Anxiety can be anything but a bad guy, no matter what. Does he view Anxiety as a monster like the dragon witch?
- *laughing* “I don’t fear death!” That’s a cynical phrase common in internet culture, but one we’re not used to hearing from the mouth of someone as happy go lucky as Thomas. It’s uncharacteristic and extremely unsettling
- “Oh my sweet Cole Sprouse”
- Why doesn’t Roman want to admit his dislike of Anxiety when put on the spot?
- Roman feels threatened by Anxiety
- NO PANTS ON THOMAS
- “Who knows what that tragic kingdom looks like” and then Roman shivers. So, he’s never been, but he anticipates that the state of affairs would be ‘tragic’ specifically. Is there something specific that he’s afraid of?
- Anxiety’s Room! Let’s discuss- a lot of it was put in during post, but let’s take a look. The room is poorly lit, and mostly grey except for a red light. There’s a clock on the wall going absurdly fast, which is a byproduct of Anxiety, I think. A subconscious reminder that he’s running out of time to do what he wants while he’s young, perhaps? And the spiderwebs are what get me too, because wouldn’t Anxiety be afraid of the spiders, afraid of the dark? It’s fitting for his personality, but I believe he would prefer somewhere a little less terrifying. Unless of course, his aim is to discourage visitors like Thomas & Co.
- Part two in the next couple of days!
- Take it easy, guys, gals and non-binary pals. Peace out!
A super quick sketch for Viktuuri week!! I can’t let this awesome event pass by without contributing. I did this at work, took me like 45 min in between meetings hahaha I’m the worst. I’ll try to do other ones with a bit more quality time.
And Yuuri with long hair because YES. Long distance prompt.
BamBam: BB would prob be all about matching outfits with you; not an exact replica of what he’s wearing…but more like, if he had red hair, he’d ask you to include a subtle red accent in your outfit. Like a red bandanna tied around your wrist, red nails, or red socks. He’d prob take you shopping regularly and say things like “if you get this, I can match it with my..” or “Y/N we should buy this and then one day I can wear it, and one day you can wear it.”
Jaebum: remember that time JB was asked what sort of husband he wanted to be and he gave an exact scenario of waking up with his wifey in his arms
(◕‿◕✿) well anyway, I think Jaebum would be big on hugging his s/o at any given moment. Like you’d come into the dance studio when they’re finished practicing and he’d pull you down onto the floor and sit you between his legs with your back against his chest and just tell you how tired he is, but how happy he is now that you’re here.
Mark: I think Mark would be so content whenever the two of you are just able to chill and watch YouTube videos or play games together. He would find so much enjoyment in showing you his fave channels and seeing your reaction to different gameplay (even if, sometimes, you have to fake your interest lol). He’d also prob be the biggest snackaholic whenever you two do stuff like this and he’d ask you to feed him MnMs or Haribo while he plays lol aw.
Youngjae: Youngjae would prob loveeee doing karaoke with you no matter what time of the day it is. He’d prob start off rly chill, just being goofy and having fun with you and then like 4 songs in, he would steal the microphone away and say you’re making his score low lol. And then basically the final 20 minutes of your session would be you chasing him around the room trying to make him let you sing, and him hitting every note perfectly while he holds the mic out of your reach.
Jackson: If Jackson ever introduced you to his parents, it would probably be the highlight of his year and if you actually got along really well with them, he would literally melt into a puddle on the floor. If you liked hanging out with his mom especially, like took her shopping/for lunch/to the movies, he would prob be so in love with you and ask you to marry him after every occasion you hung out with her lmao. Family means everything to Jackson so seeing you so close to his own would make his lil heart so, so happy.
Jinyoung: You know how when you’re close with someone you can just sit in silence for hours and it’s never awkward and you never feel like you have to fill the quiet with conversation? That’s something I think Jinyoung would really appreciate in his s/o. Being able to just like lie with each other and read and tell each other funny stories and talk a lot, or not talk at all, would probably be his favourite thing to do and his ideal version of a ‘break’ from his normal, chaotic lifestyle.
Yugyeom: lol idk why but I feel like Yugyeom would really like getting up to no good with his s/o. Like playing drinking games and taking drunk selfies til *jackbam voice* 5AM would prob be so hilarious to him and it’d be great for you, too, because he’d really come out of his shell. Waking up the next day would be just as good bc he’d prob apologise profusely for drinking too much and get shy at the 377 selcas he took on your phone and then when you ask him about “next time” he would do his big ass smile and unconvincingly shake his head.
Since Sebastian is a creature of the night and he is a demon, how about his s/o was terrified of the dark? Headcanon or scenario, I don't mind! It all depends on you! I'm sorry for you and your cat. I hope you're doing well right now...
I’m terrified of the dark and I love Sebastian so I’ll do this one right now bc it’ll comfort me. Thank you. I’m doing as well as I can. I keep thinking I hear him meow and I turn and it fades away and he’s not there :(
NOT MY GIF
Sebastian’s s/o is scared of the dark headcanons
- I think he’d be amused by it, firstly, because humans are such amusing creatures
- I think he’s the type of person, demon, to use his eyes in the dark when his s/o is laying down to sleep, thinking they’re alone.
- You’d see his eyes glowing in the dark, hear his breathy low chuckle, feel fingers, tendrils, on your skin, and you’d whimper or swear and he’d chuckle again, finding amusement in your suffering, and would stop.
- He’d take pity on you and climb into your bed, if you allow him to - he wouldn’t ask, he’d expect you to tell him any boundaries you have right off the bat so he remembers.
- His arms would come around you, holding you to him, and he’d murmur in your hair sweet nothings.
- “You’re safe, my love, no dark creature can reach you under my protection.”
- If you mention vampires, I guarantee you that he’d wince and say “please don’t compare me to those graceless creatures”
- He’d be so offended.
- I think he’d ask you about why you’re so terrified, and though he wouldn’t understand it, he’d ask how he could help you with your fear.
- He’d probably be the type to randomly expose you to it.
- You’re walking in the corridors of the Phantomhive manor and suddenly all the candles go out, plunging you into darkness.
- It’d be like experimentation for him, analysing your reactions and what happens if I do this? and he’d really pick it apart and find out how you’d react in any given situation.
- He’d sometimes take it too far and would have to make it up to you.
- He’d cook your favourite meal or would buy you a small gift to make up for it, and it’d be incredibly meaningful and sweet and so you that your heart aches and you forgive him immediately.
- He’s cruel, so sometimes he’d trick you for his own amusement.
- But ultimately, he just wants your happiness.
- He’d allow you to bury your face in his chest at night, his strong arms winding around you, holding you to him.
- If you glance up from his chest to survey the room, the fear creeping in, he’d shush you gently, pressing a kiss to your hair. “Nothing will find you. I’m here, Y/N. You can relax now.”
- I think he’d sing to you sometimes, if you were super super scared, and his low baritone would just send you right off to Dream Land.
- He’d definitely be with you every night, once his duties are done.
- Coincidentally, everything is finished by the time you’re off to bed, so he’s there waiting for you.
I hope you like this! This really comforted me, tbh. Stay safe my lovelies! <3