I HAVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT THIS A LOT and I am actually legit excited at the prospect of a Gen 2
Think about it:
- How cool would it be for Travis to play an intelligent character?? I love INT 6 Grog but Travis is very clever (like check him out in the Heist oneshot holy shit) and can you imagine what an incredible strategist he’d be if his character permitted it? I have a feeling a Travis high-Int character could run the damn party.
-Also like. 80-90% chance he’d be a werewolf or one of those werewolf blood hunters,
and 90-100% chance we would all be thirsty for him.
-MAYBE WE WILL FINALLY ACHIEVE THE INTER-PARTY GAY?
-On that note I wonder if someone will ever play someone of a different gender? Literally the only person to do that on the show (besides Matt) was Chris Perkins. That’d be really exciting. I nominate Sam.
-Also Laura kind of got screwed by the 5e Ranger rules, which are terrible, but I would actually die to see her play a class with legit firepower. Also, also, hear me out here. Laura’s got the highest charisma stat at the table in real life, in my honest opinion. She wrote that kickass limerick too. Hear me out.
- (Or at least a CHA-based sorcerer or warlock. Just let her full-on 20 Charisma straight to my heart.)
- Also we keep hearing that Marisha and Keyleth are very different people and I just wanna see how much variety that actually implies. It would be so cool for her to play somebody morally sketchy. And on the one hand I think she’s a great caster so maybe she could be a Warlock, but on the other I have the image of her being a Rogue or Monk in my head and being sad she doesn’t have spells anymore and it’s a funny image. Funnier than that? Barbarian!Marisha.
- OR BARBARIAN!ASHLEY.
-On that note, Liam constantly says he’s magic-stupid so I have a feeling he’d be a physical class, but not a rogue. Maybe he’d want to go full paladin with a lil handful of spells, and see what that would have been like? Or maybe Monk? (I really want a monk in the party. Basically the only class we haven’t seen used to its full potential on CR). I also really want Liam to get to have fun because he has a great sense of humour and Vax is a teeeeeny bit limiting in that regard. Sometimes. Not always.
- SAM AND TALIESIN. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH YOURSELVES. For everyone else I kind of see what parts of their characters they’re pushing against, and where I think they’d have fun experimenting more, but Sam and Taliesin just seem to be Scanlan and Percy incarnate. I don’t even want to guess for those two, because I know anything they’ll pick will be a surprise.
- Except yeah I really do want Sam to play a girl.
- And I am very amused by the idea of Taliesin as a cleric or paladin of any kind. Just. Go as far anti-Percy as possible. Also I want him to have spells so Marisha can constantly pester him about how hard it is to be a caster
- P.S. It will be weird for Liam and Laura’s characters not to be related? Maybe they will be.
- P.P.S. I am desperately hoping at least one character is a Secret Vox Machina Baby. I highly, highly recommend this plot twist and can vouch for its effectiveness ( @maddmurdock they say I look just like my mother). The obvious choice atm would be a bb half-elf gunslinger de Rolo and wouldn’t that just be the cat’s buttflap pyjamas.
- MARISHA. MARISHA SHOULD DO THAT. MARISHA FOR BB DE ROLO 2017
- All of these will be 100% disproven whenever Gen 2 starts and I don’t care I’m having fun speculation is my drug of choice after fusaka