How do you make your screencap collages if you don't mind me asking? They are just so lovely :)
I assume you’re talking about picspams? Correct me if I’m wrong. Anyways, thank you! I haven’t made that many picspams because I’m still learning. My Memories of the Sword picspam is probably the only one I really like. Here’s what I usually do:
- Take caps of everything that look nice. Must be HQ videos (720p/1280p), otherwise I don’t bother.
- I look through all of them and pick the ones that I like and think will look good together
- Open Photoshop and create blank canvas; size according to how many caps I want in one canvas. I used a 540x632px canvas for my ‘Memories of the Sword’ picspam.
- Open individual caps on PS. Crop, resize, sharpen and colour. For colouring, I try to emphasise the colours that are already in the cap. If green is the main colour in the cap, I make it more vibrant by adjusting the settings on Selective Colour or Vibrance. The adjustments I usually play around with are: Brightness/Contrast, Curves, Vibrance and Selective Colour.
- After I finish editing all of the individual caps, I copy frames and paste onto blank canvas. Use Move Tool to arrange caps. I usually place two caps next to each other if they have similar or complementary colours.