Hi! Saw a fanart about this before sooo.. would like to request an HC where MC is also a hacker (maybe as good as God Seven), but she's not affiliated in any organization (freelance?) so didn't come up on the background check and she tells em after they started dating?? Particularly interested in Vanderwood's reaction. Lololol.
✿ ok so I admittedly got a little crazy with this request. Whoops!! we’ve been talking about the Snowden movie in class, so I’ve had vigilante hackers on the brain…
✿ As usual, I hope you enjoy!
- Of course he knows about (♕ ALICE ♕) - how could he not? Last month the image-boards blew up talking about her after she released a whole host of incriminating government documents to the public! She’s super famous!
- How does he feel about it? Uh.. well… if…… the government is doing bad stuff…… shouldn’t people know about it? She’s like - a hacker for justice! That’s good, right?
- Wait, why do you look so relieved?
- wait what are you
- what do you mean that
- oh my GOD is THAT why you have ALL THOSE ALICE IN WONDERLAND PINS ON UR BAG HE JUST THOUGHT
- HE JUST THOUGHT
- OH M Y GOD WHAT THE FUCK WHY IS SOMEONE AS FAMOUS AS YOU DATING SOMEONE LIKE HIM
- you, of course, are somewhat taken aback. the media is calling you a terrorist and yoosung thinks u are too good for him.
- clearly it is the other way around
- how is this precious angel child still interested in a hacker like you? wtf?
- he is hyper proud and clearly does not understand the danger of being with you.
- you are a vigilante and could get your ass black bagged
- YOOSUNG PLEASE
- the Orwellian big-brother police could fuck your shit up at literally any moment
- He doesn’t care about any of that. He’s going to protect you! This is a cause you think is important, right?
- You’ve always supported him in what he thinks is important. He is gonna do the same!!
what are you going to do when the MIB show up yoosung, throw honey buddha chips at them and run while they’re distracted??????
- he wins u over with his sincerity tho and starts helping you out a bit.
- He’s actually very very good at doing tedious, methodical tasks like looking through e-mails, so he basically becomes your partner in crime. You do the fun hacking and flamboyant trickery, he does the boring sorting.
- look at you, corrupting the innocent. good job.
- He notices that you spend a lot of time on the computer, and at first you just coyly say, well - you’re a programmer.
- It’s sort of true…?
- Most of the time, your work isn’t… that bad! You’re just a - a freelancer, like… like a graphic designer or a ghostwriter!
- It’s - it’s nothing sketchy! It’s just sometimes on the side you…
- …y;know, hack into government databases and dump all the dirt you find for the public to see.
(ok u gotta tell him)
- He seriously thinks you’re joking at first when you finally drop that your secret identity is (♕ ALICE ♕), the flamboyant hacker who’s stolen the public eye lately with a promise to ‘Take the world down the rabbit hole of governmental corruption’.
- you’re expecting that to be it. You are dangerous, your job is dangerous, and holy fuck if word got out, Zen’s career would be destroyed.
- honestly? you consider being the one to do it, to break up with him for his own safety. Jaehee is right. his career is more important than a relationship.
- Zen, when he finally accepts that you are serious, is like… fuck that lmao
- Right now??? He only has a career because of your encouragement, so there is NO WAY he is letting you deal with this on your own.
- For awhile, you consider… dropping your job and finding something more… palatable. Something in security maybe. You know how to break into networks - you can turn that around to protecting them.
- Zen takes you off guard by saying, in no uncertain terms, no.
- This is important to you. He can see how important to you it is by the long hours you work. He knows what it’s like to have people poop all over your dreams, and he is not going to do that to you.
ZEN, YOUR DREAMS ARE I L L E G A L THERE SHOULD BE LIMITS TO UR SUPPORT
- You do, at the very least, use your skills to make Zen absurdly popular. He thought Seven was bad about his dubious promoting? OH LORDIE
- YOU ARE AN ACTUAL NIGHTMARE
- jaehee breaks into nigh-hysterical laughter when you tell her
- oh god
- how long have you been doing this
- how did you learn how to do this
- how did you even get into doing this
- she’s going to be sick
- NOT THAT SHE’S DISGUSTED BY IT, she immediately clarifies as you start to wilt. GOD, NEVER. NEVER, NO.
- she’s just terrified
- She never really… possibly considered that this world could ever intersect her own, and she’s so scared for your safety.
- You quickly clarify that you’re just a freelancer, though, uh, the fame you have under your pseudonym is,
- done some pretty big shit. h-hacking government documents, leaking e-mails… uhhhhhh….
- the news might… call you a terrorist…? ehe.
- After she’s calmed down, Jaehee adjusts her glasses and gets to work. looking over her shoulder, you see… travel plans…?? flight agencies..??? what???
- Jaehee has, true to form, taken it upon herself to manage all of the logistics of your inevitable escape from South Korea. seriously this woman is p r e p a r e d.
- you’re kind of shocked that she’s totally??? and completely willing to aid and abet a criminal and she just looks u dead in the eyes and says
- You have no idea what I did underneath Mr. Han.
- (tbh i’m pretty sure Jumin’s 5th anniversary present to u two is smuggling you both to Jamaica, where you can sip daiquiris on a beach and watch the fallout of your reign of terror from afar.)
(as usual - the rest are under the cut!)