can you give me some examples of pine being an intelligent guy? it just really gets me going that he is like that sometimes lmao
Oh man, there’s a plethora of examples to choose from here! I personally find his intellect quite obvious; he’s very self-deprecating and funny, which is a sign of intelligence in my book, and overall just has some insightful and (for want of a better word) deep stuff to say about a number of topics. Some ‘evidence’:
- There’s the fact that he went to Berkeley, for starters, which according to most rankings is one of the best universities in the world.
- His ‘life lessons’ are actually really insightful.
- Interviewers have remarked on his intelligence, and have commented on how he contemplates his word choices and the thoughtful way he formulates answers.
- He’s also surprised interviewers by showing up thoroughly prepared for interviews, with some real talking points.
- He seems very well-read and is quite knowledgeable on politics and world news - probably because he f’ing underlines important passages while reading the newspaper like the NERD HE IS
There’s heaps more though. Just read, watch, or listen to any decent interview with him, and you’ll notice. Some particular favourites that spring to mind are his Off Camera conversation with Sam Jones, the way he turns a derogatory, stupid question into a really interesting point about our culture’s obsession with tropes and romance:
…. and how super pleased he is about being the Mr. Wonder Woman with 0 powers, and how basically women > men:
And finally, let’s hear it from Zachary Quinto:
“I remember feeling, as I got to know Chris more, so impressed by his intelligence, which isn’t always the case with such a traditional leading man,” Quinto said. “I remember being pleasantly, not surprised, but …”
“You thought I was just a dumb blond,” Pine interrupted. “Actually, I have many more Spockian qualities than I do Kirkian qualities. We were two peas in a pod,” he said of Quinto, “in that we think about things way more than we should. We analyze.”