Hi! 😊 Do you have any advice on how to figure out someone's type?? I've been crushing on this guy or a while and I'm really curious to find out his type, but idk if he would think that I'm nosy if I ask him to take a test, and I can't ask him directly because he's never heard of mbti before thx and have a nice dayy ❤
To be fair, I ask all my friends to take the test. But, when I need to type people this is more of less what I do:
1. Fill in what you know/have picked up on already. Sometimes you can tell that someone is a thinking type because they have expressed that being logical is important to them(very stereotypical example, but you get the idea).
2. Make an educated guess as to what their first and last letters are
ExxPs are usually spontaneous, impulsive, and outspoken
ExxJs are usually decisive, helpful, and grounded
IxxPs are usually creative, quiet, and flexible
IxxJs are usually reserved, logical, and motivated
3. Figure out their judging function
ExxPs are either Ti or Fi auxiliary
ExxJs are either Te or Fe dominant
IxxPs are either Fi or Ti dominant
IxxJs are either Fe or Te auxiliary
High Ti users are usually analytical, logical, and perfectionist
High Fi users are usually moral, optimistic, and sensitive
High Fe users are usually helpful, selfless, and organized
High Te users are usually efficient, objective, and fair
*Note: look up any functions you don’t understand or want more information on. There are a lot more complex and thorough explanations out there than what I am doing.*
**Other Note: if you don’t think that the person uses either of the 2 functions listed, you might want to go back to step 2. Cognitive functions are most important.**
4. Figure out their perceiving function
ExxPs are either Se or Ne dominant
ExxJs are either Si or Ni auxiliary
IxxPs are either Ne or Se auxiliary
IxxJs are either Ni or Si dominant
High Se users are usually focused on the present, impulsive, and graceful
High Ne users are usually open-minded, creative, and good with words
High Ni users are usually independent, strategic, and innovative
High Si users are usually down-to-earth, responsible, and practical
5. Put everything together. Use your answer to the first question, and fill in either an S or N for the first x, and F or T for the second x based on the cognitive functions you think the person uses.
6. Review the type that you have selected and see what lines up with the person and what doesn’t. If most things you see about this type align with what you already know about the person, chances are you have their correct type. If it’s slightly off, you might be as well. But it’s all a work in progress.
7. Celebrate. Also, I would love feedback on how accurate you think this is and what I should change.
- INFP Mod