Modern HBO War Headcanons
So I had some people ask for more modern TP and BoB headcanons, which i’m more than happy to deliver! So without further ado:
- Chuckler has seen every episode of SpongeBob SquarePants. He can and will reference them and if you don’t get the reference he will be vaguely disappointed.
- Webster and Liebgott got snowed in together one time. Liebgott became bored enough that he actually agreed to play Scrabble with Web. Web kept trying to use big, pretentious words. Liebgott would call him out on it every time and they would just descend into another argument. What should have been a short game turned into four straight hours of bickering and Liebgott’s ultimate triumph. He, of course, will not let Webster live it down.
- Luz throws a massive Halloween party every year where everyone is invited. One year Tab showed up with his face painted entirely pink. He was “Pink Floyd”.
- Hoosier and Tab started a doggie rescue service that caters toward placing dogs with veterans. Nixon is one of their top donators. Joe Toye was one of their first participants. He saw this squatty, old English Bulldog with its tongue hanging out and he kinda fell in love. Its name was originally Spike, but Joe calls him “Bud” so much that it essentially became his new name.
- Webster was given two pairs of shark socks and a shark coloring book in the Easy Company Secret Santa last Christmas. He’s almost certain it was a gag gift but he unabashedly loves them. One pair of socks has sharks all over them and the other looks like the sharks are eating his feet. He uses the coloring book to relax when he’s hit a mental roadblock while working on a story for his paper.
- Luz is the host of a pretty popular radio show. On the side he does voice acting, particularly for video games. Sometimes one of the other guys will be playing a game and realize that the NPC they are talking to is Luz, which is both great and weird.
- Babe has the absolute worst (or best, if it’s your thing I guess?) taste in alcoholic beverages. For instance, he loves mixing Kool-Aid with pretty much anything. What’s more, when he gets drunk he starts singing and doing some pretty terrible karaoke.
- Hoosier, similarly, enjoys really shitty, cheap beer. He drinks a lot, almost a concerning amount. But since he isn’t drinking hard liquor he always looks a lot more sober than some of the guys around him.
- Snafu knows one of the guys on the show Swamp People. They both frequent the same bar. According to Sanf, “He’s alright.”
- Snafu has also managed to thoroughly creep out all his neighbors. He’s one of those dudes that just sits on his porch for hours, just chillin’. But he stares at all the people that walk by with his big ol’bug eyes and just grunts when someone says hello.
- Buck’s place is basically a frat house on Superbowl Sunday. Everybody comes to party, even those that don’t care about football at all. (I’m looking at you, Hoosier.)
- Actual local saint Shifty Powers does yard work and other little odd jobs for his elderly neighbors. Sometimes when he needs an extra set of hands for a job, Lipton or Randleman will come around and help. The nice, elderly women will always bake them some kind of treats in return.