GILMORE GIRLS: A YEAR IN THE LIFE REVIEW
First things first. 1) I’m writing this after I’ve watched the four episodes, so I’m probably going to forget something and things won’t necessarily be in the right order. 2) I’m brazilian, so english isn’t my first language, sorry for the mistakes. 3) This post will have a lot of anti Logan and pro Jess, so if you are not a Literati sipper, you should probably skip it. Ok, let’s do this!
1) I wanted to see the opening credits and the theme song, I already knew that there was not going to be an opening like the one in the series, but I wanted the song to be there at some point (when Carole King sang and played the piano or maybe on the last scene).
2) I’m so pissed at the way they treat cheating on this show! Like it’s ok and normal! Rory is cheating on Paul (was that his name? Can’t remember hahaha jk) with Logan (and he is cheating on his fiancée) and she doesn’t even feel bad or guilty about it. C’mob, girl!!! You cheated on Dean with Jess, on Logan with Jess, on Paul with Logan and slept with married Dean! Where is the famous character development here? Her only worry was that Logan was going to spend time with Odette. This really drove me nuts.
3) Queen Paris Geller is here. I’ve missed you! I’ve never imagined that Paris would be working with in vitro fertilization, but it was nice to see her working
4) Michel is gay!!! I’m so glad! This show was in desperate need of some LGBT representation! Team Michel and Patrick!
5) Hep Alien!!!!
6) First episode is over and no sign of Jess????
7) I can’t believe Paris and Doyle are getting a divorce. I have no hope anymore. 2016 is definitely the worst year for couples
8) Rory is in New York! She is going to bump into Jess in a library, I can feel it!
9) Rory is in a vinyl record store! She is going to bump into Jess there, I can feel it!
10) Ok, no sign of Jess yet.
11) I really wanted Chad Michael Murray to be playing Tristan again. And I wanted him to ask Paris out only to have her say no
12) Where are Madeline and Louise?
13) It was so good to see Paris again! But I kind of wanted her to be more crazy-Paris!
14) Rory and Logan are still doing the whole cheating thing and being ok with it.
15) I can’t stand this musical anymore. Why the hell is it this long?? It’s not even funny!!! This time could be used to…hum… I don’t know… show Paris, or Jess, or Kirk or ANYONE!
16) I just love Kirk’s movies
17) I wasn’t that into the therapy storyline too
18) Yeah, Spring wasn’t my favorite episode
19) So…. Rory is going crazy which means Jess will be here soon to save the day
20) What did I say? Hello, Jess!
21) Yesssss, Rory, you should write that book and name it Gilmore Girls!!
22) No Paris this episode?
23) Emily is dating someone?? I don’t know why, but this seems odd, a little bit ooc
24) Ooh, there is Jason. I haven’t missed you, but it was nice to see an old face. I just hope they don’t bring Mr. Boring Man (aka Max Medina) back too
25) I’m loving Berta! and I think it was really clever to have Emily stick with this one maid that brings her whole family to the mansion other than have her change maids every episode, It says a lot about the difficult time she is having
26) We finally got to meet Lane’s father!!!
27) I really wanted a scene inside Kim’s Antiques
28) And Lorelai is still treating Jess like trash… Right now he is the most down to earth character, give him some respect
29) I’ve never been a really big fan of the Life and Death Brigade, but it was fun to watch those scenes
30) Ugh, Logan is back and him and Rory are acting like a couple again
31) I guess this means I’m supposed to stop rooting for Literati, because it’s not happening
32) Finally they broke up! Bye Logan
33) I cried so much during Lorelai’s story about Richard! It was so full of feelings and just sincere
34) Yayyyy, JavaJunkie wedding is happening people!!!!
35) The book is happening! And it is called “Gilmore Girls”, shocker!! But it’s nice though
36) SOOKIE!!! Melissa’s voice has changed A LOT!!!
37) My Literati feels are back! What if they share a beautiful dance on the wedding and then head to the lake and just spend the rest of the nigh talking? I would be ok with it!
38) OMG, Jess is so in love with her!! That window scene just killed me! They are so getting together!
39) Eloping is the option that best suits Lorelai and Luke, but there are some people missing in this wedding! Lane is there, but no Liz (I don’t even like her, but it’s her brother!) and no Jess?
40) Ok, still waiting for Jess to show up and share that beautiful dance with Rory
41) Fine, he is not showing up
42) Lorelai: “You will find someone too”
Rory: “Maybe I already have” (Jess appears)
That’s what I wanted to happen
43) Mom, I’m pregnant????? ARE YOU FUCKING JOKING WITH ME ASP??? Why????? What?????? ARE YOU REALLY GOING TO LEAVE THINGS LIKE THAT? Am I just supposed to assume that Logan is the father and that Jess and Rory are going to raise the child????? I AM NOT OKAY WITH THIS. AMY, YOU COME RIGHT BACK HERE AND WRITE ANOTHER ENDING, PREFERABLY WITH ALL THE TOWNSFOLK SINGING WHERE YOU LEAD IN THE TIME SQUARE AFTER THE JAVAJUNKIE WEDDING!!!!!