Kara Danvers Defence Squad!
After watching last night’s SG episode I feel like I should share my thoughts. I know a few people said that they thought Kara was OOC a lot in the episode but I actually feel like it’s the opposite. Now I’m not going to get into a debate with anyone because everyone is entitled to their opinion and I’m just stating mine.
- Kara brought Mon-Hell into battle with her. With the fact that she is known for wanting to help people and for supporting people this isn’t exactly a new thing. Plus she was training him meaning she would have thought he would be ready. (Also Kara gets excited when she trains people - remember her on his first day at CatCo?!)
- Kara sticking up for Mon-El isn’t that hard to believe either, given that she wants to see the good in everyone.
- Asking Winn to help Mon-El out with a suit is due to the fact that Kara gets excited about new things. Plus he has ‘mad sewing skills’ so she figured why not ask her buddy Winn.
(Just for the note I think The Guardian reveal was shitty and Kara should not have found out that way!)
- Kara being mad is NOT a flaw. She has every right to be mad: Winn, Alex and James all lied to her. James is putting himself into danger and he got Winn injured (and yes I blame him!) in the process. They acted like it was nothing.
- Kara has a valid point: they are not aliens or meta-humans. Winn and James are humans. They naturally do not have the same level of strength that she does, that’s a canon fact. Plus James is reckless, he doesn’t think before he does things and just acts which yes is great when he has to act on instinct but more than once Guardian has gotten in Kara’s way and made her trying to save lives harder.
- The DEO have so much technology and they have 3 aliens there if James would have told Kara about his identity weeks ago she may have been angry at first but then she could have trained him specifically in fighting people with abilities such as her own. The DEO could have modified his suit so that the likelihood of James getting shot decreases.
- It is canon that when Kara gets scared for someone she cares about she gets mad and lashes out. She’s done it to Alex before. - this is natural and it’s what a lot of people do.
- Kara could have reacted WAY worse than she did but she calmed herself down and tried to be rational about it. Plus she probably feels that she can’t feel angry given that the last time she did that James acted like a whiny bitch and made her feel even worse because of it.
- Just going to point it out again that James got both Alex and Winn to lie for him. Yes it wasn’t their secret to tell but they both asked him to tell Kara and he refused over and over again. If someone had lied to me like that I’d be pretty pissed off too!
- Then Winn purposely lied to her about LiveWire just so James could get an ego boost. What happened? oh yeah both James and Mon-El got captured and Kara had to save them. Seriously?!
- This is called SUPERGIRL. When Livewire talks sense you know something must be wrong.
- Mon-El didn’t listen to Kara who has been doing this for a lot longer. He left civilians defenceless. I get why he did it but it was still a risky move, especially given that they had no idea whether Guardian would show up or not.
- The episode before Kara said she was in a funk and she’s been putting so much effort into being Supergirl and to saving everyone and doing everything, she has the weight of the world on her shoulders and no one takes it seriously. No one points out that she pushes herself too far, take when Alex tried and failed to calm her down about Livewire and the fact that it is canon that Kara is still learning about earth and humans. Kara doesn’t have anyone she can bond with currently. Alex has Maggie, James has Winn and yes she has Mon-El but then she also has to deal with yet another person crushing on her and feeling guilty that she doesn’t return their feelings. This is not healthy. Kara is lonely and she doesn’t have Clark to bond with over powers and really he’s one of the only ones that she can relate to so it makes sense she would want to spend time with Mon-El someone who can probably understand how she’s feeling (power wise) a bit better given that J’onn has personal things going on that she doesn’t want to intrude in.
- Kara needs someone she can just be herself with, someone she can let loose with and focus on. This is why I am looking forward to Lena’s return because she provides the balance of Kara vs Supergirl, she gives Kara the ease and she doesn’t expect anything from her. I think one of the reasons why Kara is so insistent on helping Lena is the fact that she needs Lena, she needs her friendship, her care and she needs someone to focus her energy into - someone who didn’t lie to her and doesn’t make her feel bad for having feelings!
So in light of this episode and my protective feelings over Kara I did a little SuperDoodle.