There was so much content in this episode:
That opening scene!
- The way they are hanging out in her room before breakfast
- Betty once again confiding in Jughead and him assuring her that she did nothing wrong
- Jughead’s little “come here” and his freaking smile
- Betty cupping his face
- Jughead’s hand on her leg!
- Betty’s angry face as her mom interupts
- The way that Alice Cooper is so incredibly chill with Jughead. She hates all of Betty’s friends, but doesn’t blink an eye when she so obviously interrupts them kissing
- Alice not being afraid to talk in front of Jughead, it’s almost like she’s already treating his as one of the family
The break room scene
- The way that Jughead settles next to Betty on the chair even though that room is filled with furniture.
- Betty immediatly leaning up against him
- I love seeing that they are so comfortable with each other in front of their friends
Confronting Cheryl scene
- Couple power walk
- Betty looking to Jughead for support and his little nod
- The way that Jughead watches her, he is so proud of how she stands up for herself and her sister
- Their multiple glances throughout the entire conversation. They always seem to say so much without any words.
- Jughead’s intense “CHERYL” when she teases about not giving the message. Protective boyfriend mode activated.
- Jughead putting his arm around Betty and nodding as if to say “It’s all going to be okay.”
The Hug scene
- Oh my god this entire scene
- Betty once again choosing Jughead as the person who she confides in about her family and all of the craziness
- Jughead trying to use sarcasm to lighten the mood and calm Betty down (as he has successfully done in the past…”we’re all crazy”) But immediatly getting serious when he realizes that isn’t going to work this time
- Jughead’s look of alarm when Betty talks about the Coopers not existing anymore
- JUGHEAD’S MONOLOGUE TELLING BETTY TO NOT GIVE UP. Have you ever heard something more beautiful?
- How his voice gets so strong when he talks about her being stronger than all of the white noise
- The way his voice breaks when he says “Don’t let go”. He might be thinking about his own family and how his mom let go and how he wasn’t able to keep them together. He doesn’t want the same thing to happen to Betty and he knows that she is strong enough to stop it.
- That collar grab!!! That killed me.
- Betty taking Jughead’s words to heart and assuring him that she won’t let go.
- The hug! How Betty holds him so tightly and how he reaches one hand up to hold her head.
The Mama Cooper Scene
- First of all, I just love how Betty brings Jughead with her for support wherever she goes.
- The fact that Jughead has now been in the Cooper’s house at least 4 times that we have seen.
- Jughead inviting her mom to write at the Blue and Gold…oh my god. Betty looked to him to ask, so was he the one who came up with the idea?
- Mama Cooper and Jughead’s interactions in this scene are so easygoing. She obviously approves of him and he is obviously comfortable with her.
The ending scene
- Okay, but the fact that Archie goes to Betty and Jughead because he knows that they are the two most likely people to actually do something about this information warms my heart.
- I love how Betty and Jughead are immediatly on the same page with suspecting Hiram Lodge.
- Archie looks confused when Jughead starts writing something, but Betty already knows what he is doing.
- Look how excited those two dorks get at a new possible suspect. They barely refrain from jumping up and down in joy.
- Also, I love that Jughead is the one who wrote all of the names on the board. He loves the idea of a murder board so much and I’m sure our little extra boy loves putting a new name up.
- I just love our two dorky sleuths okay?