are there any kiri hc's you've always wanted to talk about
So I’ve never really been asked anything like this before, so sorry for taking so long to get to this ask!! Now let’s see…
- When Kirishima was a kid, he was big into cartoons and anime and pro-heros, and he heard ‘manly’ thrown around a lot in this media, which is why he uses it a lot. But, because he was so young and didn’t understand the social construct of gender, he literally thought it just meant ‘cool’, and the habit has stuck with him. So, if something is ‘not manly’ (ie: not cool), that doesn’t mean it’s feminine, nor does it mean that feminine things are uncool because they are not masculine. Kiri doesn’t think of masculinity and femininity as being in opposition of each other. Using ‘Manly’ is just a habit that he can’t seem to break.
- Kirishima is a MASTER at dance-dance-revolution, and is surprisingly competitive about it. Although he enjoys it most when everyone is just having a good time.
- While it’s not his favorite movie, he’s watched The Notebook at least 4 times and cries every time.
- I’ve always liked the headcanon that he has siblings, younger ones who he has to take care of and set a good example for. This might explain some of his more…. nurturing or protective behavior I guess?
- He used to be a huge fan of Endeavor, until recently. He can just… tell that something is up between Todoroki and his dad, and he always wants to be there to support his friends regardless of how famous their parents are.
- Sometimes if a friend does something especially cool, or kind (like when Mina complemented his fighting style during a training match-up, or that one time Bakugou gave him most of his dessert) he gets overwhelmed with happy emotions and starts tearing up because gosh darn it he loves his friends so much and he would do anything for them
- If Kirishima were to take a Hogwarts house quiz, he would be pretty even between Gryfindor and Hufflepuff. He is incredibly brave and not afraid to take risks to save the day, but he is so extremely loyal to his friends that Hufflepuff would win by a smidge every time.
- Has always wanted to start a band but doesn’t know if he has the musical talent for it (he doesn’t).
- (Except for dancing and rhythm, if his DDR skills are anything to go by, so he reckons he could learn to play the drums and wants to ask Jirou about it at some point.)
There are probably a ton more that I can think up, but I think this is a good start! If someone wants to message me about a few of these, or if you have some of your own, please please shoot a message! I love my boy Kirishima!!