Yaaaay, Yoosung day!!! I'm gonna request something our poor floofy baby is gonna have to deal with someday: one of the pets in his care dying/needing to be euthanized. Aaaaaangst~
(｡•́︿•̀｡) Why do you want to hurt me?
- At first, he refused to believe it. There was a brief moment where the puppy was doing well, where it even managed a playful bark once. He’s dead set on figuring out why it was okay for that brief amount of time- What medicine did they use? Did it get sick with something else??
- So for a couple of nights, he’s running on just coffee and determination, but before he can find a new treatment, he gets the news that it’s not going to make it into the next day.
- On the phone he just sounds exhausted, but when he hangs up he’s looking for you and burying his face against your shoulder. He seems a bit calm, just wrapping his arms around you and squeezing you tight, but he slowly starts shaking, and then he’s outright sobbing
- “What am I going to say to that little girl? I promised her I would- I just. I promised-”
- He doesn’t sleep again that night. He’s trying his best to stop crying, stop being so emotional, but then he imagines the young owner and starts crying again.
- In the morning he’s just a zombie. Two nights worth of bags under his eyes, hand barely holding onto the coffee mug you bought him a few months ago. He doesn’t eat breakfast, but he manages a small smile when you kiss him goodbye.
- And at work he’s stressed. He had a nurse put the puppy down overnight, and he’s just waiting for that little girl and the mother to come in.
- When she does, the mom and the girl take one look at him and realize that the puppy didn’t make it. He can’t even get the words out- He’s never had to explain this situation. All of the animals under his care had lived before this one.
- Of course the girl cries, and it’s hard for him not to either. Especially when she gets mad at him. He just doesn’t know how to handle the situation, and eventually the girls mom takes her away, promising to try and take her somewhere to cheer her up.
- Yoosung gets to sleep that night, but for the next few days he’s depressed. No LOLOL, cute animals, or you can even cheer him up. And for a bit, you get legitimately concerned.
- Then one day he comes home with a soft smile. When you question it, he tells you about the little girl coming back in. Apparently, the little girl felt pretty bad for getting mad at him and came to apologize. The thing he’s happy the most, though, is that she said it wasn’t his fault. That she knew he tried his best.
- It’s a bit of a relief that her visit cheers him up, but you secretly try to plan again for this in the future, even if he doesn’t want to accept that it may happen again.