What needs to happen in Criminal Minds Season 13
I know there are a few posts like this already floating around but I thought I would make my own.
1. Garcia needs her own arc. They have given her several episodes over the years but never an arc and she deserves one. Especially more backstory, please.
2. Alvez needs a telling backstory arc so we can all learn about him or an episode would be acceptable.
3. I want Alvez and Garcia to develop a good friendship over season 13. Then they will, at the end of the season, share a kiss of impulsive excitement initiated by Garcia. Penelope will freak out say she is sorry and look embarrassed until Luke says “Don’t be” and kisses her back. We will see them trying to figure out how to balance a workplace romance in season 14 (which may be against FBI policy but the BAU loves their YOLO lifestyle). By season 15 they will be seen with a solid romance ending with either marriage or procreation (or both) I would also settle for them being a happy family of dogs and Godchildren. Season 15 will be the last season rounded out beautifully btw.
4. Reid needs to be suspended but does get to come back. While he is suspended he meets a significant other male or female. I’m down for bisexual Reid. He is finally happy, works through some insecurity issues, but ultimately the writers decide to stop torturing the kid and just let him be happy. He returns to the BAU halfway through the season. (To tie his side stories in with the episode they could parallel whatever case they are working on).
5. Our other new characters need some character development as well because at this point I don’t even remember their names because they are pretty bland.
6. More of JJ just doing anything she is a goddess and everything she does is magical. I would love to see more of the darling friendship between JJ, Prentice, and Garcia cause those girls make me happy.
7. I want Derek and Savannah and their kid to guest star an episode just to show that they are still great friends with the team. (This needs to happen every season btw). Filled with wonderful bromance between Reid and Morgan and a moment where Derek notices Garcia’s feelings for Alvez and teases her while she denies them. Penelope will ask Savannah for relationship advice not admitting it’s about Luke (nothing has happened between them yet) and they will have a great girl talk moment. Derek with ask Luke to be good to Garcia and we will all die because the episode is just so adorable.
8. Let me reiterate one last thing Luke and Penelope need to be a thing, not the same flirtation crap the writers pulled with Morcia. The chemistry here is obvious. She gets nervous around him in ways I have never seen. He lights up whenever she is in the room. Who cares about Sam I honestly forget he exists on a regular basis you could easily write him out by just saying their relationship fizzled out. Give me a legitimate Garvez relationship well balanced over the seasons making reasonable but not too hasty progress.
There is my wishlist though if only 1,2, and 3 come true I would be the happiest human.