why don't you like the new beauty and the beast?
lol i knew i was going to get this sooner or later
- ok so like belle is my favorite disney princess ever so i have the platinum edition dvd and the barbie doll and the dress and a bunch of other shit that my mom might have given away but regardless i worshipped this movie for a good portion of my life so my expectations were very high
- while i love emma watson as an actor i personally did not see her as belle. like, i thought i did in the promo pictures and stuff but for some reason when i watched the movie her tone was just off from what i’d imagined it to be and i couldn’t really grow attached to her character
- the movie felt like an exact carbon copy of the original. like, other than the tidbit about the beast’s abuse, i felt as if i was watching the exact same movie, just with more cgi and real people. and that bothered me given how well the cinderella remake fleshed out the original.
- speaking of cgi, it was… not good. when the beast transformed i couldn’t even focus on his body i was cringing so hard at the transformation sparkles and shit, and then idk about you but i personally didn’t like the castle staff’s designs.
- the yellow dress is literally my favorite dress in like the history of ever and emma watson turned it into a $100 joann craft project so when she came on in the dress i wasn’t crying bc of tale as old as time i was crying bc the dress was an affront to the expectations i’d built up for my eyes.
- i don’t. even want to get started on the le fou issue like i can’t believe disney actually thought that was sufficient representation like what.
- the prince is supposed to have this pretty, childish face and let’s face it dan whatshisface looked like a circus artist (not that that’s bad, in fact, the makeup was gorgeous) at the beginning of the movie and like a hobo once he transformed so i didn’t really find him attractive at all.
- tbh the irony in this movie is that the one part of it i genuinely liked was gaston like can you believe the one thing i enjoyed was the character who was a douchebag that’s how frustrated i am with this whole mess.
- i want to go back to the cinderella remake like that was such a god’s gift to man and the dress was gorgeous and the cgi was believable and the story was fleshed out and i don’t understand what happened between that movie and this one but it was obviously not to my satisfaction.
if any of my followers enjoyed it, then i’m glad you did, and i don’t mean to offend any of you !! this just wasn’t the remake i was looking for at all :(((((