watching somin read her letter and get all teary made my heart break and i teared up as well.
she’s been through so much , more than most people realise and yet she always smiles so brightly and tries her best and she’s just such a lovely person. she wrote a two page letter for the fans where she thanked them , kard’s families, the staff and her fellow members. she’s been working at this since she was like 16 years old , debuted three times , came runner up for the kara project , lost a fellow trainee + friend she was really really close to , watched so many of her friends fight to finally debut , basically given up her life to be on the stage and to sing and tbh that’s not what it’s about for her anymore
she said she wants to be a role model for people, and tbh she is a perfect role model. no matter how tough things got, no matter how many times things fell through, she continued striving for her dream. im just so proud of her ? she’s so sincere and sweet and she just tries so hard and she deserves everything
brooklyn nine nine is really good to us when it comes to friendships, because every character has such unique friendships and bonding scenes with the others but i dont think we talk about rosas and charles friendship enough because damn:
- we start the show with charles being head over heels for rosa, who is clearly not interested
- rosa tells him, very clearly, that she thinks hes sweet and really likes him as a friend but shes not interested in dating him
- it takes charles some time to get over her, but he does!! apologizes for being weird and making her uncomfortable!! and they go on having an incredibly strong and close friendship!!
- at one point charles even takes a bullet for her, which could have led to the whole “just give him a chance” trope but nope b99 doesnt do that bs, they talk it out and they never end up together
- they are so close that charles even helps rosas bf to plan for her birthday because he knows her so well!! she loves it!!
- rosa asks charles to be her bridesmaid because they are so close and she knows charles would love that!! he does!!
- charles plans her the best bachelorette party and rosa absolutely loves it!! she gets so excited she literally lifts charles up from the floor??
- sometimes between working cases they go to have foot massages together?? that was so cute??
- charles helps rosa text her boyfriend?? because shes not that great at pickup lines?? how cute??
- the writers could have easily opted to go with the “less attractive man falls for his way hotter coworker whos not interested but ends up giving him a chance because he is nice (and wont stop pestering her)” trope but instead we got this beautiful beautiful brotp
happy 100th birthday, ella fitzgerald //april 25, 1917 - june 15, 1996 // “just don’t give up trying to do what you really want to do. where there is love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong”
“The best way to start any musical evening is with [Ella]. It don’t get better than this.” Frank Sinatra
“Man, woman or child, Ella is the greatest of them all.” Bing Crosby
“Ella’s amazing! My daughter says that every time she makes a mistake, it becomes a hit record.” Lucille Ball
“It is so much fun to sing with Ella. It is so nice to sing with someone who does more than make a pretty noise.” Jo Stafford
“If you want to learn how to sing, listen to Ella Fitzgerald.” Vincent Minnelli
“The one radio voice that I listened to above others belonged to Ella Fitzgerald. There was a quality to her voice that fascinated me, and I’d sing along with her, trying to catch the subtle ways she shaded her voice, the casual yet clean way she sang the words.” Doris Day