Okay but listen, please, because Magnus calling Alec “shadowhunter” in that voice with all that affection, looking at him like that, was hot af but please fandom do not try to make it a thing that can go both ways. Because no matter how much Alec comes to love and respect Magnus, calling him “warlock” will never be an affectionate thing. There’s way too much racist weight to the way shadowhunters call downworlders by their specific race as if that’s all that defines them. And it’s just never going to be cute. Besides Alec really does love and respect Magnus too much to try to use that as any kind of pet name. He’s seen Magnus’ face when other people do it. He just wouldn’t.
So, this is a weird thing. This is a re-do of another drawing of mine, here, that’s less than a year old. I dunno, the original just seemed too stiff, but I really loved the idea and colors that I used, so. I thought why not, right? Plus, with me tryna get an artist alley table soon, I want my stuff to be as top notch as I’m capable. Needless to say, I like this one much more :>
hey everyone happy saturday hope all is suuuuper! as you can see, i just renovated my kitchen again… i love all the colors and i find it really pretty which really makes me motivated to cook hahaha. my skills are limited to making a microwave burrito at the moment x) my best friend forced me to take some cooking classes w her starting next week so im definitely gonna be spending some time in hereeeee.
@pinkpandorafrog said the tags were for anyone who wanted to answer 11 questions, and it turns out I want to answer 11 questions! So thank you for sharing the love, @pinkpandorafrog!
RULES: Always post the rules. Answer the questions asked, then write 11 new ones. Tag 11 people to answer your questions, as well as the person who tagged you. (Unless you are a rule breaker, breaking that rule.)
1) What is your favorite color?
Red! Red is best. I just love it!
2) What are your favorite things to have on your feet?
Ocean water and sand. Best thing to have on the feet ever.
3) Would you rather write an essay or solve a sheet of math problems?
Write an essay. I love words, and while I did very well at math in school, it was begrudgingly doing well because I was studious. However, my dad is an engineer and it was thanks to him that I did well at math, especially in Grade 10 when we had a really, really bad teacher. (When we asked for clarification on a math problem, he once erased it from the board and did it the exact same way again, at which point the class realized with dawning horror that he didn’t actually understand why it worked either. We cobbled through as a class together, the students who got it patiently helping those who struggled or didn’t have math genius dads at home to help, until the teacher did an exchange and we got a really awesome Australian math teacher to help us finish the semester.) Anyway, one time when my dad was explaining how the math worked because of bad teacher, he made up new problems to solve and I had to finally beg off because it was past my bed time and even though he was having all the math fun, it was nearly midnight…. So guess what the dad unit would do….
4) Do you have a secret that’s dying to be set free?
If I do, it’s a secret even from me. I’m pretty boring and I like it that way.
5) When was the last time you traveled more than an hour from your home?
I went to Ottawa and then Boston in December. And I live in isolated Northern Canada, so almost any time I travel, it is more than an hour away from my home. The closest “hub” is Edmonton, which is about a 16 hour drive away (15 if you are my lead-foot brother). Even the small community I used to travel to periodically for work, one of the nearest, takes an hour and 15 minutes to drive to if the weather is nice and the roads are clear.
6) Have you ever seen a raccoon?
Maybe in a zoo? They don’t live here, though. I have seen lots of other cool wildlife in person, though, and not in zoos but mostly while driving on the highway. Bison. Moose. Bear. Deer. A silhouette of a puma as it slipped into the trees. And once a weasel ran around the bookstore, very confused, poor thing.
7) Which fictional character do you wish was related to you, and how?
I wish Hermione Granger was my cousin, because I think we’d get along smashingly. We’d talk about books, I’d be curious about the magic and also I’d have a free place to stay overseas.
8) If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Pizza! So much variety.
9) Would you go out for coffee with me?
Yes. Yes I would. You had me at coffee. I’d be worried that you’d find me terribly boring or wouldn’t like me before hand because I’m a ball of social anxiety before meeting people, though I fake it until I make it really well.
10) Do you have a “theme song?” If so, what?
I don’t really have a theme song, per se, but I do periodically think about ordering that shirt you can hook up to your music from Think Geek so I can play with giving myself a theme when I walk into a room. It varies though. Sometimes I want it to play “Miranda” by Fleetwood Mac, sometimes I think it should be Charlie XCX’s chorus on “I’m so fancy”, and Rachel Platten’s “Fight Song” is a contender too. Also, I’m very into “Quiet” by Milck right now.
11) Do you game?
I don’t. I have friends who do and I sometimes entertain the idea of delving in, but I am a wader not a jumper and would need a lot of observer time first, which isn’t really fair to other people, so… And to be honest, I already have more of a social life than I can handle sometimes, so really can’t commit to more things.
1) What is your favourite thing to cook?
2) What’s a childhood memory that gives you warm, fuzzy feelings?
3) If you could trade places with a celebrity for one day, who would it be and why?
4) What’s the best way to make hot chocolate?
5) What are you reading right now and what’s the book doing for you?
6) When you are having one of those days where you just need the comfort of the familiar, what do you pop in the DVD player/Netflix stream?
7) What’s a book or tv show that had so much potential but was taken in the wrong direction, and how would you fix it?
8) What’s your favourite thing about someone you love (does not have to be romantic love, and yes it can be a pet)?
9) What kind of funny are you?
10) If you could be an awesome dancer but only at one particular style and the rest you were a ball of flaming embarrassment, what style would you choose?
11) If we were going to hang in person, what do you think we’d do?
For me, being a dark-skinned black woman with natural hair, getting to be this center of this love story — Growing up, I didn’t get to see that very often…I think that artists and people in entertainment, we have such an incredible power to remind people of their worth and to help people dream big. So it’s exciting to get to be a part of that.