some adhd lance hc’s
made by someone who’s got adhd and who loves lance. go figure!!!!
- lance is a combination adhd type who leans more towards inattentive than hyperactive, but does have his moments!
- teachers would be confused because he’s a bright kid who has a lot of potential but always turns his homework in late or not at all.
- it’s the mix of procrastination, executive dysfunction, and fear that the assignment isn’t good enough.
- stims by using his legs. does the leggy bounce™, leg shake™, the bicycle in the air™, stretches™, etc.
- some bitch ass teacher: lance can you stay still for a second? you’re distracting the class.
lance, who shakes his leg even more: just saying, but the only one who doesn’t seem really focused on the lecture is you.
- knows other people perceive him as being dumb or annoying because of his symptoms. even if he pretends otherwise.
- some neurotypical: ooo shiny! a squirrel! haha, i’m so adhd and random.
lance: you’re like the worst type of person.
- when the rsd hits and he feels the suffocating feelings that come with it
- happens when he least expects it to. (i.e. in episode 4 where he talked about his mom)
- the emotions gets him really fast. sometimes he’ll start crying without meaning to, or end up getting so angry in a flash and then acting like nothing ever happened.
- will usually isolate himself in order to not ‘burden’ anyone with it.
- lance would frustrate cry if he was stuck on an assignment that should’ve taken only half an hour, but he’s on hour three, it’s past midnight, and he can’t read.
- every time the teachers say that there’s no reason for anyone to not finish their homework, lance looks into the camera like he’s in the office.
- hyperfixates. a lot. anything regarding the ocean, space, flying, adventure, the great unknown are some of his known hyperfixations.
- has a hard time sleeping because his brain won’t stop. just never stops.
- also has a tendency to have bad memory/comprehension issues
- will ask for things to be repeated because sometimes he literally cannot understand or even remember what the other person said
- allura: lance, please pay attention while we’re giving the instruction for the plan. this is important.
lance: i know, my bad. i was just looking at keith’s hair and noticed that his hair curls around his ears.
lance: you have my full attention, princess!