I can definitely recommend lots of klance fics. As in, lots lots. I am not completely sure what you are looking for/what you have already read though, so I’m just gonna list some of my favorite authors with some of my favorite fics.
Quick additional info: there are no explicit fics on here, though some are rated mature. All of the stories have klance as their only ship but since I intended this to be author recs rather than fic recs, I will mention what kinds of other ships appear in other fics.
- Crossroads (106k): not quite canon verse, not quite AU - check the summary
- Plunged (6k): canon verse, Lance teaches Keith how to swim
- Roommates (6k): modern AU, Artist!Keith, Photographer!Lance, exactly what the title says
This author’s writing is amazingly smooth and I particularly enjoy their Keith. Crossroads was my favorite fic for a long, long time until I found some others that were just as good :D [this author also wrote some nsfw and sheith]
This author has a style of writing that makes you forget that time exists. Like, you read their stories, look up 2 hours later and go “what the hell I only just started reading 5 minutes ago”. Their fics are pretty action-heavy but the romance part never falls short. [they wrote a lot of nsfw, their newest fic is shklance]
- Entangled (102k): canon verse, Keith and Lance get mind-melded
- Right-hand Man (4k): canon verse, Keith approaches Lance after the end of season 2 to talk about their roles from now on
Amazing characterizations here. I particularly enjoyed the OS because it seemed like something that genuinely could happen like this in canon… sadly I don’t think it will, but one can dream, right :’D Also amazing art! [they wrote some nsfw]
I honestly don’t know why I like this author so much? Probably because they can squeeze an entire story into less than 10k words, complete with character development and appearances from friends etc. I liked many more of their OS but there are just so many, you should check it out for yourself. [they wrote some nsfw and shallura]
- Not That Bad (68k): modern AU, socially anxious!Keith, lots and lots of fluff
- just like that (10k): canon verse, Lance struggles with his crush on Keith
this author just? makes reading feel so good? so relaxing?? Their style is focused on conveying emotions and flows really nicely, I strongly recommend to give it a try. [their newest story is nsfw and includes lancelot]
This author is super good with emotions. You always end up feeling what the characters are feeling and I’d definitely recommend going through their other fics as well - once again, there are just so many that I won’t list them all. [they wrote some nsfw and shallura]
Another author that has a fantastic style of writing and portrays the characters really well. Also another author that wrote so many good things that I can’t possibly put them all on here. [they wrote some nsfw, sheith, shklance, shallura- lots of stuff, check the tags]
- The Quiet (40k, WIP): ghost AU, lance is the ghost
- 7 Days Series (pt 1 - 30k, pt 2 - 30k, pt 3 - 4k): canon verse, lance/keith get turned into babies
Amazing writing, plot-orientated. Don’t let that fool you though, the emotions never fall short. [they wrote some shallura, shance and other ships - also their fics aren’t rated. the ones listed are entirely sfw]
This writer has a really fluent and nice style of writing and they somehow manage to easily let lots of characters interact. Everyone feels extremely in character and nothing feels forced. Also I know nothing about cars and yet their fics belong to my favorites, so give it a try. [they wrote some shallura]
- Barbie Girl (2k): modern AU, soulmate AU, continuation
I’m not sure whether it’s just me but no matter what fic of them I read, they always feel– soft. Easy. Something good for in-between. One of their fics (not the ones listed here) has some pretty heavy topics in it and yet I still feel like that. [they wrote some shallura]
This author is amazing at writing angst. It just always hits you right in the feels. Like damn. I adore their writing so much but ho boy I was too scared to click the one Chara Death fic they wrote. I couldn’t do that to myself, the two longer OS that I listed here already gave me enough feelings. [they wrote some shallura]
I really really really enjoy this author’s Lance!! He feels incredibly in character and I swear I can see him act in canon just like he does in the fics. Their style of writing is fluent, nice and adapts really well to the situation.
[I also really enjoy witty_name’s and freshia’s fics, both of whom usually put background shallura into their fics though so I couldn’t list them here]
Aaaand that’s it for now! :D If you have a specific length/specific topics/specific ratings in mind for what you want to read, feel free to send another message!! You can also visit the fic rec tag on my blog, maybe you’ll find something else there.
/EDIT: now there is a part two with some other of my favorite fics
A/N - Another Angsty one, unfortunately not so happy endings here. But I do enjoy Angst requests considering I find it my weakest spot. Thanks for the request @the-craziestone - I hope you enjoy it! Any requests or ideas you may have please feel free to comment or PM me.
Bucky x Reader - You know where he’s been. You know the smell of that perfume, the kiss marks he’s forgotten to hide on his neck. You have pretended for too long now. You’ve had enough.
Lance fell out of the healing pod a day later with one hell of a headache.
Allura was waiting for him a look of concern on her face. “Lance…” she bit her lip seeming to change her mind “how do you feel?”
Lance shrugged as casually as he could. “Not a headache I suppose.”
“That would be the leftover effects of the concussion. Though your longer in danger it will likely hurt for a few minutes more.”
An awkward silence hung in the air, nether wanting to be the next to speak.
“Look Lance about your farther.”
Lance held up his hand to silence her. “I don’t want to talk about it… not with you at least.”
For a second Allura’s features showed hurt and Lance felt a stab of guilt.
“I just mean… if I’m going talk to anyone it should be Keith right? I mean he’s kinda already gone through finding out he’s not all human.” Lance said quickly.
“Oh… yes I suppose that makes sense. I did not tell them, I didn’t believe it was my place to tell your fellow Paladins. But I couldn’t keep it from Coran.” Allura admitted shamefully.
“I understand, I mean he has a right to know what happened to his son… I’ll talk to him too ok… I promise.” Lance gave her a shaky smile as he left the infirmary heading straight to Keith’s room.
It was late when quite knock woke Keith up. He glared at the noise having just fallen asleep only minutes before.
“What!” He snapped opening the door ready to make who ever it was wish they had never been born.
However when the door slid open and Lance was standing there looking at feet shyly. “We need to talk…” he said so quietly that Keith almost missed it.
“Erm… sure come on in.” Keith stepped aside allowing the blue paladin to enter and take a seat on the edge of his bed.
“So what’s going on?” Keith asked as he awkwardly joined him on the bed.
“I just found out my dad Altean…”
Keith was silent for a moment “your d-dads what?” He asked his mind having just been blown by that simple statement.
“Yeah apparently the original blue paladin was my dad, he ended up meeting my mama somehow and well… guess I’m not just a boy from Cuba. I’m not even just a boy from earth.” Lance’s voice broke with emotion and Keith didn’t hesitate to wrap his arms around him pulling team mate into his arms.
“shhh it’s ok it’s going to ok.” Keith whispered as he stroked Lance’s hair. “I know it doesn’t feel like it right now, that you feel caught between two worlds, but this doesn’t change who you are. You Lance, human or Altean, he’ll you could be a robot for all I care. Your still you and your still amazing.”
Lance sniffed looking up at him as he wipe his eyes on his sleeve.
“Thanks… glad I can remember this bonding moment.”
Keith responded by blushing bright red and stuttering for a moment.
Lance started laughing quickly followed by Keith.
The two just sat there laughing for a while just letting the weight of the universe and their heritages slip away, even if it was just for a moment.
Then the moment ended and Lance got up to leave.
He hovered at the door for a moment before grabbing Keith by the shirt and pulling him into a kiss.
Lance stepped away just as flustered as Keith was. “Oh by the way Coran’s my grandfather.”
Lance grinned at Keith’s shocked expression as the door slid shut.
However soon as the door was closed the smile slipped away as he slowly made his way towards the control room, knowing now was the best time to confront Coran.
No matter how much he didn’t want to.
I’m gonna try and pick 5 that aren’t universally loved moments in fandom, not that I don’t love The Beach Scene, Elevator Scene and “Welcome Home”, but just wanted to explore other things I found interesting and awesome about R1. :D Thank you for the ask, btw!
5. Orson Krennic ragging on Galen’s choice of farming on Lah’mu. Listen Krennic, farming isn’t exactly easy (neither is working on a giant super weapon, but I digress). I just thought it was a funny introduction to one of my favorite Star Wars villians, since he has such relateable motivations (he just wants to be recognized!!! for what he did!!! he deserves that!!! stoopid Tarkin).
4. Baze Malbus’s “little sister” line to Jyn. This rivals “Welcome Home” in my book, I mean … Jyn has been without a consistent home, let alone any sort of family, for YEARS. To hear such things in the span of days? It just warms my little “found family trope” loving heart. Also I just want Baze to be my space dad.
3. Jyn’s face on the beach of Scarif, giving Cassian that “I swear to the maker, Cassian, if you say something romantic or sentimental and make me cry after all of my walls are on the verge of completely crumbling I will cut you” face. It says so much in such a small look, and I swear I have given that look hundreds of times in my own life.
2. Cassian’s entire opening sequence. I love how he went from comforting and charismatic, to cold and heartless, to self-loathing in the span of SECONDS after killing Tivik. It was then that I knew I was going to fall hard for his character, I live for morally grey characters and coming to grips with their actions, and boy does Cassian deliver all of that (it’s ok bby you’re doing fine.)
1. THIS moment of K2, Cassian and Jyn entering the elevator. To me this was the moment they all realized the magnitude of their undertaking. Jyn sways and fidgets a bit, Cassian’s visibly nervous and drawing a deep breath, and K2 goes “I have a bad feeling about this.” It was such a quick little moment but it said so much to me. While they were stoic and brave in front of their R1 crew, this is where they really let their guard down and let themselves be nervous, but also gather their strength. (also no secret I love these two in their Imperial get-ups so that was a nice plus).
Looking out of the corner of her eye, Trini watched as Kimberly pursed her lips around the end of her pencil. Inhaling and forcing herself to look away, shaking her head, Trini turned back to her detention worksheet.
Yeah. That wasn’t fair.
But then, yet again, Trini’s awareness prickled as Kimberly shifted in front of her, smiling in the peripheral of her gaze.
No… No. Stop. Trini frowned, her pencil streaking along her worksheet before she purposefully caught it, glancing up to glare at the curve of Kimberly’s jaw for the nth time.