Here’s my meta about the last clip of episode 5.
- Our intro shot of the karaoke bar introduces our players. I’m especially interested in how we see Mari and Sara twice each (and sharing one shot).
- May I just say: I am glad my son Eskild is alive and Extra.
- We have Chris talking to Sara (we don’t see Sara’s face but it’s her jumper) 👀
- In general we have a big focus on couples (including Evak) and russebussen people. Showing, again, this season’s themes (love and identities/belongings).
- We have some Chris and Eva talking about wiring money, which seems like foreshadowing to the russebuss contract and payment.
- Even is about to sing and no one ships Evak more than Magnus.
- @newlevelofdesperate wrote a great meta about Even singing “Imagine” by John Lennon. I agree with most of it.
I’ll just add that the song is ironic, just like “I’m Not In Love” in s3e5. “Imagine all the people living life in peace.” Sana is feeling the song at the moment. She feels that everything came together, finally. But it’s not true. She wished she could create world peace (if you gave her the power to do so she would, she really would). But she can’t. Some things are beyond her reach and she still hasn’t managed to reconcile her two identities (Norwegian & Muslim).
Also, I think the song is as much an Even song as a Sana one. Once again.
- We barely see Mikael walk in, and Elias and the gang look around. Yousef seems to be looking in the crowd for Sana.
- No shot of the squad until we get a shot of Even seeing them. Then Magnus and Jonas turn to see where Even is looking (not Isak or Mahdi) and we get another shot of balloon squad: no Mikael. Adam and Mutta seem unconcerned. Elias though sees Even and is not smiling (but he’s not looking mad either).
He grabs Yousef who was smiling towards Sana and…the smile falters.
[this is getting long so I’m adding a “read more”]