SEASON THREE MATT HEADCANONS
So my friend and I who have physics together started freaking out over this in class. Which obviously meant that we ended up learning nothing about waves and instead spent forty minutes coming up with headcanons. Enjoy!
1) Matt tags along on a mission to a nearby alien planet, and just as Lance sees a hot alien, Matt is already by her side, getting her number. By the time they leave, Matt has five new contacts stored away on his phone, and Lance has a new rival.
1.5) Now that Keith is no longer Lance’s #1 rival, they begin to hang out a lot more and Lance starts to actually admit that Keith is his friend. One day though, Lance is thinking about something Keith said earlier and is like, “Wait…what he said earlier…that kind of sounded like flirting. But it can’t be, that’s what he always sounds like. Unless…..KEITH GET IN HERE HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN FLIRTING WITH ME FOR?”
2) Matt gently talks Shiro out of panic attacks. Matt builds an alarm system between their rooms so that Shiro could push a panic button that would go off in Matt’s room whenever he needed him.
3) Matt and Shiro exclusively praise each other behind each other’s backs, but jokingly insult each other face to face.
4) Within seconds of arriving on the ship, Matt witnesses Klance bickering, and just grabs Shiro aside like, “You fucking loser, you’ve been here for weeks and you haven’t gotten them together yet,” and then promptly locks Klance in a closet.
5) FACEDOWN OF THE GAYS. Matt and Shiro vs Klance, trying to prove their status as Alpha Gay Couple™️. Klance is set to win but their plan is ruined due to excessive bickering.
5.5) It eventually gets so bad that they’re literally having a contest at the dining table to see who can make out for longer, and Allura just gets so fed up and knocks them all out with a baseball bat. And then Pidge hits Matt over the head for good measure.
6) Matt and Pidge is everyone’s worst nightmare. Especially Shiro. Lance’s daily bullshit has NOTHING on what the Holt siblings are capable of. The entire rest of the series basically consists of Shiro just being exasperated and cleaning up after their messes and trying to prevent innocent random planets from blowing up every three seconds.
7) Matt and Shiro are now both the dads of the ship. Pidge is the rambunctious crafty child who sneaks off every three minutes and manages to almost blow up distant galaxies before the Space Dads™️ can catch her. Shiro tries to stop her. Matt sneaks her a couple of extra wires. Hunk is the good little child who likes baking cookies for everyone. Shiro makes Hunk save some of the cookies he made for the next day. Matt sneaks some off the top shelf for him. Lance and Keith are the twins who will not stop trying to murder eachother. Shiro is fed up with them. Matt tells Lance that Keith stole his face masks.
8) MATT AND SHIRO: THE REUNION. Okay, but imagine if Shiro is back in Galra prison at the start of Season Three and Matt is with some kind of anti-Galra organization, kinda like the Blade of Marmora. Matt’s on a misson to steal some stuff from a Galra ship and he sees Shiro and’s like, “Dude. How have you not escaped prison yet? You’re such a fucking loser. Also what the fuck is up with your hair? Like, did only the front half of your head turn 70 or something?” And Shiro’s just like, “Huh, that’s exactly what Pidge said you’d say.” “Who the hell’s Pidge?” “Oh, sorry, Katie.” “Dude. She’s at least 5 years younger than you. Don’t hit on my freaking sister……wait where the hell’d you see her???”
9) Shiro’s gone, which means that the next two obvious choices for leader are Keith and Allura. Allura knows Shiro wanted it to be Keith, so she argues that it should be him. Keith doesn’t want to be leader, and tries to insist that she should lead instead. Then Lance pops up out of nowhere like, “I’LL BE LEADER!” And Keith is instantly like, “Yeah no. Changed my mind, I’ll do it. Case closed. Lance, fuck off.” And then when Keith leaves the room Lance grins and is like “Knew that’d do it.”
10) Matt is a huge prankster. Allura and Coran aren’t familiar with the concept of “pranking.” Matt can’t prank Pidge, she’s always a step ahead of him. Shiro gets exasperated. Matt can’t bring himself to prank Hunk. Keith tries to throw his sword at Matt. Lance legit chases Matt around the ship, threatening murder. Allura and Coran don’t really get it, but find it amusing nonetheless. On April Fools Day, Matt and Pidge wake up at four in the morning to start setting up. Shiro is the only smart one and left the ship the day before to go on his own mini personal mission. He’s still not safe, Matt and Pidge find a way to hack into his lion.