1) I have no problem with Fiona having no clue about anything and giving shitty advice, it’s kind of part of her character, I think.
2) I have no problem with Ian asking her about JimmySteve as a way to figure his shit out. I genuinely don’t think he asked her about JimmySteve because he thinks Mickey and Fiona’s ex are even remotely the same, but because at one point Fiona genuinely loved Steve and wanted to run away with him. The major difference between Ian and Fiona in relation to their boyfriends is that Fiona has had passionate relationships after JimmySteve, and Ian’s got “nice”, but nothing at all like what he still feels for Mickey. I think Ian just needed to talk to someone and I’m actually super proud of him for doing so, and then making up his own damned mind because I think he too was reminded of the fact that Fiona doesn’t know shit. Because when she says that Mickey’s bad for Ian, like JimmySteve was bad for her, I think he realised (but didn’t verbalise, because he never does) that Mickey would rekindle his fire and that it would be a good thing, because Mickey was good to him, Mickey did everything for him, and Ian isn’t stupid, he knows this. He’s just bad at acknowledging it.
3) I have no problem with Fiona not grasping how good Mickey was for Ian, everyone’s always underestimated Mickey. Everyone but Ian. I do not take Ian’s non-argumentative nature as him agreeing to what someone like Fiona has to say about Mickey. Ian only argues when it really matters, and Fiona’s opinion doesn’t actually matter because she was never really there, she doesn’t know.
4) and 5) was a long rant about Fiona saying something she didn’t actually say. Sorry Fi, I assumed the worst, mea culpa. She does say to Ian “You turned your life around” which is really nice (and not horrifyingly wrong, as previously stated).
6) I love Ian, and I love Mickey, and in a perfect world they should have gotten a whole episode to themselves to kiss and fuck and TALK, and then they could’ve run off together because why the fuck not? It’s stupid, but it’s an ending that allows the viewer to be as pessimistic or romantic about it as they please.
7) but judging by the previews for next week, there’s gonna be shenanigans that I got really weird vibes off of and at fucking best we’re gonna get a couple of good kisses with Mickey’s real hair that we can gif and gawk at for eternity, and then canon will be officially over.
8) We’ve seriously survived for years staring ourselves blind at that club kiss. We can milk another couple of years outta this, whatever happens. Come on. Don’t leave me here alone.
9) I feel a lot of false hope because I really enjoyed this episode, I enjoyed all their scenes together. There could have been MORE, and the writing could have challenged the situation better, but let’s be real, when did it ever? idk I just feel elated, like, yeah! Ian got reunited with the love of his life! He took time to think about it and he chose Mickey! Mickey let him choose! Ian didn’t seem at all manic or whatever I pretty much expected for them to make him out to be! But I have no doubt that by this time next week, it’ll all have been all for naught,
10) but dudes. that kiss though.