Signs that I, too, am on break and do not want to think about the show:
- I have put my headphones in.
- I’d be lying if I said I didn’t occasionally just pop in some headphones for appearance’s sake.
- I have left the space.
- Not only have I left the space, but I have, in fact, walked out of the building.
- My notebook and anything else I could use to take notes is still sitting at my space in the rehearsal hall.
- I am slowly sipping on my coffee and looking at you disdainfully as you approach me with a question.
Breaks are important.
And everyone deserves to take them.
The show will not disintegrate if you stop thinking about it for 10 minutes.