I should be sleeping but
RAREPAIR NATURALIST AU
- In an old timey setting where new continents and churning seas are waiting to be explored. And of course, exotic species to charm and excite the imagination
- King Oikawa decides to fund an expedition to a newly discovered group of islands. He wishes he could see the world for himself tbh, but the throne is a very sticky and uncomfortable seat he can’t peel himself away from
- He selects a handful of naturalists, artists and intellectuals along with a competent crew and a few doctors to head out into the great unknown. Among them is Iwaizumi, his best friend
- The head naturalist is Tsukishima, who constantly butts heads with Sugawara the poet
- Bokuto and Kuroo both specialise in avians. They go into the forest and get all excited over a unique bird call that’s unlike anything they’ve ever heard before. It’s melodious and charming, but very short. “Ololololo~”
- But it’s actually Tendou being impressed with native reptiles and all the butterflies Ushijima has managed to collect. He finds it ironic that such rough hands can handle something so delicately.
- Iwaizumi and Lev bond over their love for beetles
- Daichi, the captain of the ship, is a hair too proud of his navigation skills and promptly gets lost on the island. HE DISCOVERS THEY’RE NOT ALONE. AHHHH!!
- Sakujima, the native, is even MORE terrified. They end up stuck in a cave with Daichi trying to make polite conversation. But it’s very awkward because Sakujima doesn’t speak the same language and refuses to sit anywhere near him. He’s heard of old tales about strange people bringing plagues with them and leaving behind a trail of bodies
- Ennoshita, the painter, stumbles upon some mysterious mushrooms. Akaashi, the doctor, is extremely concerned and hopes everyone else is more reasonable and wouldn’t stuff suspicious plants in their mouths