Like what if harrys parents cought them kissing or something(They could have timed travel to the future or something). Or Sirius and Remus does. And only their friends know they're together. So its like this big surprise. Or the Malfoys come to complain about their son currupting draco. And harrys parents had no idea he was dating( or even liked boys).
I have no idea how this scenario would come to play but this made me laugh with the idea of an AU of some sorts where the Malfoys show up at the Potter’s house, because Lucius is convinced that “that Potter boy” is corrupting Draco. Lets just pretend this is some fantasy AU where the Potter’s lived and Harry, unafraid of himself and being rejected, was sorted into Slytherin
- Because every single one of Draco’s letter’s home to his mother are Potter this and Potter that
- and Narcissa just places a hand on his arm to calm him down “They’ve been inseparable since second year, dear”
- “Yes well that’s the problem, they’re in trouble every week and I know its that Potter boy’s fault! Draco would never think to sneak out in the middle of the night to play Seekers games, and he would never be caught dead sneaking into the kitchens for a picnic on the astronomy tower its positively plebian!”
- “I have no idea what you’re talking about, Malfoy, its” James starts
- “It’s the Potter boys fault” Lucius nearly screeches. And Narcissa tries to tell him to calm down which, duh makes him do the opposite. “My son is lovesick, its the only excuse for this nonsensical behavior.”
- “Whatever they’re doing, I can guarantee its your son’s fault and…what the hell do you mean lovesick?” and this time its James who screeches, wondering why Lily doesn’t look shocked.
- And this time Lucius smiles because he might be mad but oh boy does he love getting one over on James Potter. “Why my goodness, Potter, don’t tell your son hasnt told you. I suppose he’s not as close to you as our Draco is to us.”
- “Tell me what? Lily what is this bloody idiot on about?”
- “James, I think you know.” She says, making him bristle. “He never told me anything!” and she just sighs. “He didn’t tell me either, dear…he didn’t need to.”
- “He says he’s in love! A malfoy does not fall in love with a Potter. Draco will find a proper pureblood wife, produce an heir and-”
- Who said anything about love?” James all but yells.
- “Draco has asked for the family ring!” Lucius finally shouts “He says he wants to marry that boy!” and this time its Lily and Narcissa who looked shocked.
…..and thats how they all found out it was definitely more that just a little fling.