I'm writing a soulmate AU, except I don't want to introduce the concept until around the 12 or so chapter. I don;t want my readers to know, or to be sure that it's a soulmate story till then. The problem is how do two people who have been hanging out for 12 chapters find out they are soulmates? They can't have tattoos or something from birth or that show up just from simple physical contact or they would have known sooner and stuff since they meet in the first chapter. How can it work?
Oh! This is very cute, I do love soulmate stories, people seem to get really creative with them! I also imagined these things happening, then your choice of soul bond. For instance- You choose one of the ideas below, commencing in the characters having some reveal of tattoo, marks etc. You get me? Okay I got some ideas, but totally dump them if they aren’t what you want:
- The moment one feels or accepts romantic feelings for one another.
- When one notices a specific trait about the other.
- When one gets a boy/girlfriend. Okay so hear me out- what if when one got a boy/girlfriend their mark appeared? Maybe they assumed it was because the person they were going out with was their soulmate, but their partners mark hadn’t appeared. When the character confides in their friend, theirs has also appeared at the same time…? I don’t know I got carried away!
- Place or moment of understanding? One discovering a certain place, causing both of their marks to appear.
- Once someone openly accuses them of being a couple.
- One dreams of the other for the first time, waking up to find their mark and thinking it’s in their imagination.
- Historical features? One finding a piece of ‘evidence’ that had been handed down through generations. It read that the 13th descendants of both families would fall in love, regardless of their sexual orientation? I thought of this one in a sleep deprived state, I’m sorry!
This was harder than I first anticipated, but I hope I helped! It’s a really great story idea and I’d love to read it XD I hope you’re well, good luck on your writing! Lots of love from Yasmine xox