Finally Some Answers
Okay, so I’ve been getting a lot of asks about what a rut is (or my version of it). I was going to save it for the side-story, but I figure I can go over some of the basics now to get you guys excited. 🎉👌🔥
- Ruts are kinda like an Alpha version of a heat, in that the Alpha has this intense drive to have sex. This includes their refractory rates going down to almost zero. 🍌🍆🌽
- Ruts are shorter than heats, anywhere from 3-5 days total.
- Planning for a rut is different than planning for a heat because it’s a little less involved. (An Alpha could technically leave the house during a rut, but it’s frowned upon.)
- There isn’t so much ‘heat haze’ kind of thing, more like ‘blinding arousal’ and ‘constant boner’.😂☄️
- Ruts are hard to plan for because they’re actually pretty rare and very sporadic. An Alpha that’s not on suppressants would probably go into rut every 1-2 years.
- Because ruts don’t follow a set schedule, Alpha’s usually only know the week before it happens (when their libido and possessive tendencies increase in preparation). 💝
- An omega’s heat can trigger a rut in rare cases, but Victor won’t be going into rut during Yuuri’s heat.😢 (At least not the one in YCPfE.)
- Because Victor has been on suppressants almost constantly since he reached puberty, he’s never had a rut before. 😏
As for when it might happen, I’m not entirely sure yet. I was originally planning on it being an add-on near the end of YCPfE, but it might be alright as something completely separate, or in with the Victor’s POV side-stories.