highlights of the 18hr livestream’s Mario Kart sessions (feat. Supportive Brendan™ and Clueless Ashley™) pt. 3
• *lauren casually just feeds brian chips from offscreen*
• Brendan: “uh, Ashley, Kayla’s rooting for you because of strong women” Lauren: “no one rooted for me because of strong women!!” Brendan: “they all were upset because you left!” Lauren: “alright. okay yeah”
•Gabe: “these are the controls that have existed in every version of mario” Ashley: “I’ve never been good at it. also i haven’t played in like 15 years” Gabe: “it’s like riding a bike” Ashley: “i haven’t ridden a bike since i was 11”
• Brian: “hey can we please race in complete silence thank you so much”
• Lauren: “Gabe… who are you?” Gabe: “bottom right” Lauren: “well he’s a real grandstander, you might wanna keep him in check. look at him LOOK AT HIM i hate this guy”
• Brian: “guys sometimes you just go from 2nd to 5th in the blink of an eye. ain’t that just the way”
• Ashley: “am i supposed to be underwater???”
• Brendan *reading the chat*: “they’d like Lauren to continue cursing and they’re cheering for Ashley” Lauren: “i can only curse when I’m competing” Brian: “otherwise she’s like a Puritan” Lauren: “i’m a pure princess”
• Ashley: “Brendan, you and I are the same” Brendan: “at being terrible? fantastic. the score to beat, Ashley, is seven points total in four games”
• Joey: “FUCK. my. little. mouth.” Lauren: “Joey!” Joey: “sorry…” Clayton: “hey it’s not that little”
• *Clayton’s eating chicken and holding a bag of chips* Lauren: “it looks like you just pulled a chicken wing out of that bag”
• Ashley: “How many times do we have to go around in a circle?” Gabe: “three times it’s three laps” Ashley: “my hand is already hurtingggg”
• Lauren: “ooh the ghost!” Brian: “it’s a SQUID” Lauren: “no it’s NOT it’s a little ghost that goes around” Brian: “it is objectively… it is objectively a squid”
• Ashley: “i have carpal tunnel now”
•Ashley: “oww somebody hurt me and I don’t know why you would do that” Gabe: “Joey was that you you son of a bitch?” Joey *smugly*: “yes.”
• Lauren: “wait is that why i was moving so slow??” Joey: “yes well it stops you from moving very fast” Lauren: “what? i thought it was helping me… all this time it was cursing me?!?”
• Brian: “ok everybody get out their proverbial checkbooks cause it looks like Gabe is going down my friends”
• Ashley: “what do you want from me?! im trying really hard ok…”
• Lauren: “yeah jojo get him. fuck that guy he mugs too much”
• Ashley: “I’m really struggling with steering. You know what it is? I’m from California so I never really learned how to drive in the snow very well”
• Brendan: “Ashley you’re doing better sweetie!”
• Ashley: “i mean i hit that iceberg real good. i’m titanic”
• Lauren was just mumbling incoherently into Joey’s shoulder for a while
• Brendan: “someone provide Ashley with emotional support” Gabe: “you’re not last Ashley, you’re killin it”
• Lauren: “I am TIRED can we all just go to sleep now?”
• Ashley: “I’m gonna leave as soon as I finish losing this. I should already be asleep”
• Gavyn, to Ashley: “I’m behind you right now and I’m giving you all of the girl power vibes I’ve got”
• Brendan: “Kayla, I totally agree: the scoring does work like golf so I am still the winner in this room”
• Joey: “hell yeah I’m drifting hard I’m drifting fast and I’m gonna drift into this entire corner BYEEEE”
• Gabe: “someone just hit me with a goddamn boomerang” Ashley: “I hope it was me” Gabe: “it CANT have been” Ashley: “well SHUT UP you might have lapped me”
After working over the course of three days, about 8 hours total, and drawing every. single. square. individually, I am finally done. I’m pretty sure I have carpal tunnel now, thanks @danielhowell@amazingphil
“They were going to kill Lance. Keith felt the hopelessness overtaking him. He remembered the screams of the countless lives he had allowed the Galra to take. Right in front of his eyes. His whole self coming to pieces as he realized. What was the point in remaining in the empire, if the person he wanted to save was dead?
Finally finished my piece for @sakumiyukime ‘s lovely Klance fic, When You’re gone. 10 outta 10, would recommend! Oh boy, was that background a quiznacking HELL to do, but I feel like the end result was well worth the carpal tunnel I now have in my hand.
I am currently taking requests! They are first come first serve, so feel free to leave them in my inbox or messages!
(phil’s DH is on his arm!) MORE TATTOOED YOUTUBER BOYFRIENDS AU OKAY i had to get this out of my heAd but this is the last tattooed!phil i ever draw because i have carpal tunnel now from drawing the designs god bless
what do you think are some of the biggest misconceptions about jenny and wrong reasons why people hate her?
I’m slightly reluctant to list everything because 1) I have done that countless times before and 2) I’m not prepared for the onslaught of “you’re wrong and this is why” messages that I’ve also seen countless times before, BUT you’re in luck because I’m bored as hell.
That Jenny killed a dog. She didn’t “kill” a dog. She took a newly adopted, sick and dying dog to the vet in hopes of procuring sympathy from Stacey Merkin’s girlfriend. The same trained veterinarian who actually BROUGHT UP humane euthanasia with no pushing from Jenny, because….the dog…was suffering….and….in….pain. Jenny actually did that dog a favor by allowing it to be put down, instead of letting it waste away at the shelter.
That Jenny (and ONLY Jenny) is to blame for the Shane/Molly situation. Like… what. Shane dumped Molly after like a month because she knew she would eventually cheat and break her heart. Molly couldn’t accept this (because she knew her mom interfered) and went to find Shane to deliver the infamous letter. This just so happened to occur after Shane fooled around with Niki, so Jenny was given the letter instead. And in my opinion, she hid the letter out of pure anger over Shane eating her girlfriend’s pussy OUTSIDE OF THE WRAP PARTY FOR THE MOVIE (ABOUT HER LIFE, NO LESS) THAT HAD BEEN STOLEN FROM HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m not saying it’s ever right to not deliver someone’s mail, but like… the timing was horrible and I’m sure if Shane hadn’t just been a giant ass (funnily enough, triggering Jenny’s feelings for her), Jenny would have had no problems giving her that letter.
That Jenny was cheating on Tim for funsies as if her coming out journey wasn’t extremely painful and confusing. Again, cheating on your boyfriend/fiance generally isn’t the best thing in the world. Duh. But when you’re figuring out your actual identity, I think maybe you deserve some compassion. It’s not an easy process. Marina fucked her up for a long time, possibly permanently, so it’s not like she was having the time of her life while Tim was silently suffering. They both treated Jenny like trash. I’m confused as to why he gets ANY sympathy.
That that “goodbye fuck” between Tim and Jenny was anything less than rape.
That Jenny pushed Shane to cheat on her, that she deserved the terrible way Shane treated her, and that she basically caused their relationship to completely go to shit in season six. This one is probably the most widely accepted misconception, simply because 98% of the fandom wants Shane in their pants and will forgive anything she does. Slightly understandable, but still. Think objectively. Sure, Jenny was clingy. But that’s essentially it. She wasn’t being overly irrational or “crazy” at all, she had legitimate reasons to believe Shane was cheating on her….. because… SHANE WAS CHEATING ON HER. It’s funny how everyone hates Jenny for acting out because of this, but no one cares that Shane was actually doing it. Cause and effect people. Cause and effect.
That her flashback sequences make her deserving of hatred. ??? I get that some people may not be overly fond of them, they are undoubtedly “weird” and all that, but… who the fuck cares like you’re ignoring her background and the reasons why she’s turned into who she is. I always see posts from people saying they tune out or fast forward for all her flashback scenes in season two, and I immediately have a better understanding as to why they don’t get her.
That she “ruined lives.” This one is actually kind of funny to me because it’s SO dramatic. Whose life did she ruin? Honestly? Marina? Nope, I would venture to say it’s the other way around, and Marina looked just fine in her return in season four. Tim? Hmm, he mentally and physically abused her, made fun of her years after their break up, and still went on to get happily married and have children of his own. Much ruination. Such devastation. Very disrepair. Stacey Merkin? Again, are we sure it isn’t the other way around? Are we forgetting that the Vagina Wig’s girlfriend made her own decisions? And that Merkin was so hurt by the entire thing that she decided to become the 500th person to try and steal Lez Girls? Come on guys.
That Lez Girls sucked. Maybe, but I can say with great confidence that none of you have anyone beating down your door begging for the rights to your book.
That “stealing” Alice’s idea puts her right up their with Hitler on the hatred scale. K, I might be the only one who said this, but honestly some of you act like she was the mastermind behind the holocaust. I’m talking zero chill. As if no one had ever ripped off someone’s idea before, especially in the film business. COME. ON. It happens every single day. I’d also like to point out, for the thousandth time, that Alice, after spending about a full season and a half hating on Jenny (namely, her writing skills, or lack thereof) happily trotted on over to the Schecter/McCutcheon residence to ask for help. Why would she do this, you may ask? (Jk, no one asks. Except me.) Because she knew Jenny had written several successful books, pieces, screenplays, treatments, etc. She hated her, but she wanted help. And Jenny knew that. So she decided to punish her and assert her dominance (in my opinion) by taking the idea, writing her own treatment, and selling it herself within just a couple of days. I actually applaud her for it. Maybe I’m a terrible person too. ???
I’m sure there’s trillions of other things but I can’t think of any others right now plus I have carpal tunnel.
“Oh, my God, look at me! I look like a scarecrow!” “You look great.” “No, I don’t. I’ve been out here for hours and I’m 74 and a half, so take your pick.” “You look nice.” “I look like a hen. My hair doesn’t do very well outside. I don’t care. You’ll never get another chance. I’m not going to be around much longer. My mother died when she was 74—it’s amazing how history repeats itself.” “Tell me more about yourself.” “You could probably write 10 books about my life. I wrote a book and lost it on the computer. I was born on a farm 30 miles north of Dublin, Ireland, and I never had a house until this one. I was born on Christmas Day, the day before my husband was born. I came over here in 1965, and I suffered from major depression for most of my marriage. My husband was abusive physically, emotionally, and financially. I could’ve lived with him until I was 74—or even 174—and he only got worse. He hit me, spat on me and called me ‘scum.’ He used one credit card after another and didn’t pay the bills. Our gas was cut off, then the electricity, and then we were threatened with foreclosures. He made four kids—the first three within a year of each other—and one day he threw me out. Then he brainwashed the kids, and now he lives in Ireland and everyone treats him like a king. I worked at Mass General for 31 years. They didn’t want to let me go because I was fantastic at typing, but now I have two kinds of arthritis and carpal tunnel syndrome. I started typing at school in 1954—how long is that, 50 or 60 years? I retired at 69 and a half, and I’ve been working like a dog ever since. I’m a maniac—an obsessive compulsive—and that’s what keeps me going.” “Why didn’t you try to get out of your marriage?” “I don’t know. I’m just so patient, and then I began to wonder, Why did I waste so much time? I was too conscientious, too devoted. I didn’t want my kids to suffer, so I pretended everything was OK. I had no family here, no one to stand up for me. Back then, there wasn’t much support for women. There were no shelters or anything like this. I checked and I looked. Even the judge didn’t believe me; he believed him. More pictures? Look at my hair! My mother had the same kind of hair. I’m very much like her. I never had nice hair, but I am a good person. Wouldn’t you say I am a good person? But I don’t think my husband wanted to be married, as he wouldn’t have waited that long for me: He would’ve gotten someone else. I wasn’t much to look at.” “Why do you keep saying this?” “Because it’s true. I had a lazy eye, lousy hair, and I was short. But I had a good heart and a good mind, and those things are important in my book.” “Why did you marry him in the first place?” “I had no experience. We weren’t allowed to go out until we were 18, and then it would be once a week—chaperoned. How can you find a husband? We didn’t know beans about finding a husband. It was even worse for the men. They wouldn’t be allowed to marry until their parents were nearly dead. There were so many spinsters, and the parents were so possessive: ‘You stay home and take care of us.’ I stayed home until I was 25 and then I said, ‘If I stay any longer, I will be on the shelf.’ So I got out and I didn’t want to go back home with my tail between my legs, so I got married. But I still don’t know why I married him. It was probably because he was the first one to smile at me.”