NO JUDGEMENT BUT IM WONDERING WHAT ABOUT YUURI ON ICE U DISLIKED OUT OF CURIOSITY
Non taken ^^
- The first thing that I disliked from episode one was the pacing. There were random cut ins of chibi Y//uuri explaining skating trivia and they were so fast that it was almost unintelligible. That made watching kind of grating.
- Second thing is the dialogue. “He could make even me, a man, pregnant.” and similar ones were very cringe worthy and the rest was not fluid enough.
- Third thing is the lack of relevance of figure skating. It was only necessary to bring Vi//ktor and Y//uuri together, but other than that I felt like it was like a side plot you could skip entirely. Also, all the dance sequences were recycled and became boring after the second viewing.
- Fourth thing is the unhealthy tropes in the relationship between Vi//ktor and Y//uuri. Think about it: We have a love-struck main character that’s borderline obsessive over his other love interest (he got the same poodle as him and named it after him, his room is full of his posters and photos, after they met he was very possessive and wanted to steal him from the world etc. ), then we have Vi//ktor that’s in the position of power in the relationship, he’s Y//uuri’s coach but makes sexual advances at his protege (in every other situation that would be abuse of power and sexual harassment). Y//uuri is unhealthily attached to Vi//ktor and can’t function without him, making him dependent and there’s no balance. And in the end it’s not 100% confirmed that they are together.
- Fifth thing is the copyright problems with the anime.
- Sixth thing is the inconsistent animation and poor skating animation.
I think that’s about it.