If you can’t come up with an imagine/drabble/blurb idea yourself, feel free to chose one of these to request. Just message us with the name, character and whatever fandom or movie or show they are from and we will do our best to get it done! Before you ask to make sure it hasn’t already been posted just search on our blog the number of the prompt to see who it has been written for before.
1. “I don’t want to have a baby.”
2. “Did you enjoy yourself last night?”
3. “Are you kidding me? We’re not ‘fine’!
4. “You’ve only heard his side of the story. You never asked for mine.”
5. “Well, this is where I live.”
6. “Oh my God! You’re in love with him/her!”
7. “You make me feel like I’m not good enough.”
8. “For some reason I’m attracted to you.”
9. “I am not losing you again.”
10. “Why don’t they just kiss already?”
11. “I think I picked up your coffee by mistake.”
12. “All I wanted was your honesty.”
13. “Why do you keep pushing me away?”
14. “I can’t explain right now, but I need you to trust me.”
15. “I’ve never felt this way before….and it scares the shit out of me.”
16. “Don’t fucking touch me!”
17. “Are you really taking his side against me?”
18. “Wait a second are you jealous?”
19. “I wish I could hate you.”
20. “I’m sorry if this upsets you, but I’m going to marry her/him.”
21. “You know, it hurt when I realized that you’re not in love with me. But nothing can compare to the pain I felt when I saw you fall in love with her.”
22. “Come over here and make me.”
23. “This is by far the stupidest plan you’ve ever had. Of course I’m in.”
24. “You’re the only one I trust to do this.”
25. “I thought you were dead.”
26. “This isn’t just about you. It’s about what’s best for all of us.”
27. “I love you, you asshole.”
28. “You did this for me?”
29. “You can’t protect me.”
30. “You know I wouldn’t do this if I had any other choice.”
31. “Promise me you’ll look after your mom.”
32. “I’m so stupid to make the mistake of falling in love with my best friend.”
33. “Stop talking about the past, I could be dead in a matter of hours… make me up a future.”
34. “The way you flirt is shameful.”
35. “I waited and waited, but you never came back.”
36. “You never told me you had a fucking twin.”
37. “I want to go back to before….”
38. “I just wanted an easy day with my girlfriend/boyfriend. What’s so wrong with that?”
39. “Go then, leave! See if I care!”
40. “Why are you up so early?”
41. “Please, take me instead!”
42. “You braided his hair?”
43. “She’s been missing since Friday and you’re not worried?”
44. “Have you lost your damn mind?!”
45. “Please don’t argue. You have to leave right now, you aren’t safe here.”
46. “I’m your daughter.”
47. “I’m not surprised that you murdered him.”
48. “Is there a special reason, as to why you’re wearing my shirt?”
49. “Am I supposed to be scared of you?”
50. “Don’t use me as an example. I wasn’t a good kid.”
51. “Is that what you’re doing? Trying to make me to hate you?”
52. “I’ve been in love with you my entire life.”
53. “I’m not happy here.”
54. “If he’s going to treat you like shit I’m going to kick his ass.”
55. “I just want to cuddle and watch Friends.”
56. “You’re hiding something from me.”
57. “If I die, I’m going to haunt your ass.”
58. “I want my best friend back.”
59. “You better have a good reason for waking me up at the ass-crack of dawn.”
60. “I don’t know what I did to deserve you.”
61. “A wedding?”
62. “I just want to be alone right now.”
63. “Don’t you dare to ever do that again!”
64. “Where would someone hide in a town like this?”
65. “If I ever see you anywhere near her, you’ll have to deal with me!”
66. “I thought you were a dream come true.”
67. “Everyone keeps telling me you’re the bad guy.”
68. “I came here to explain what happened, and I’m not leaving until you listen.”
69. “I made a mistake.”
70. “H-How long have you been standing there?”
71. “You can’t break my heart like this!”
72. “I wasn’t going to wait around for you forever.”
73. “The skirt is supposed to be this short.”
74. “I’ve moved on.”
75. “This is why you don’t ever have any shirts to wear.”
76. “Run, and don’t ever look back.”
77. “The three seconds rule doesn’t apply to sticky foods.”
78. “I think I’m in love with you, and I’m terrified.”
79. “Please, don’t give up on me.”
80. “When are you going to realize that I don’t care?”
81. “I may be an idiot but I’m your idiot.”
82. “When you love someone, you just don’t stop. Ever. Even when people roll their eyes or call you crazy… even then. Specially then!”
83. “Fuck…I feel I’ve been hit by a car.”
84. “Those things you said yesterday… Did you mean them?”
85. “I know that you have reached a decision, but given that it is a stupid ass decision I have elected to ignore it”
86. “I’m tired of being your secret.”
87. “They always make shower sex sound so appealing, but honestly it seems quite dangerous.”
88. “Do you ever think if people heard our conversations they’d lock us up?”
89. “Let me tell you exactly where in hell you can go.”
90.“Who gave you that black eye?!”
91. “After everything you did, you’re asking ME to apologize for snapping at you ONCE?”
92. “I miss her so damn much, and it’s killing me that she’s gone!”
93. “What the hell are you doing here?! I told you I never wanted to see you again!”
94. “It must be hard with your sense of direction, never being able to find your way to a decent pickup line.”
95. “Are you drunk?”
96. "I’m sorry, what were you saying? I keep getting lost in your eyes.”
97. “You got her pregnant?! What were you thinking?”
98. “It’s okay baby, I’m here for you.”
99. “You say the nastiest things when you’re angry, so yes, I’m walking away from you now.
100. “I’m starting an idiot jar. Any time you do or say anything idiotic, you have to put at least a dollar in it—more depending on how stupid the thing that you said or did was.”
101. “My parents asked about you.”
102.“Oh, gosh, you’ve insulted me! What ever shall I do? I’ll be mentally and emotionally scared for years!”
103. “You haven’t even touched your food. What’s going on?”
104. “Do you need me to get anything from the store?”
105. “They say I’m in here because I’m crazy, I think I’m crazy because I’m in here.”
106. “There’s no getting out of this. You ruined me”
107. “If you don’t want to talk about what happened, then say so. Don’t just lie and say it’s fine.”
108. “I was going to kiss him, but then my friend texted me about going to Taco Bell, and, well, there’s this cashier that works there who is way cuter, so I bailed on the rest of the date.”
Had to go
to school and do an exam that I had missed previously because of my illness.
Was really super nervous about it because it’s chemistry and I’m horrible at chemistry, and everyone who
had already done the exam kept complaining and saying how difficult it had
been. And our school has the rule that when one has to catch up on an exam that
they have missed, the exam will be made more difficult (in case that the person
had missed the exam on purpose to study more for it).
I had seen
the exam the others had taken. It was full of math problems, like calculating
the molar mass and writing down the chemical equation off things. All things I
wasn’t looking forward to.
I sat down
for the exam with a really bad gut feeling and – couldn’t help but stare at the
paper my teacher laid before me.
problems. No molar mass. There were multiple choice questions and fill-in-the-blank
text and other very easy things.
I looked up
at my teacher, ready to ask him if this was the right paper, perhaps he had
mixed up something – and he smiled at me, patted my back and said, “Good luck,
I’m sure you will do well!” and walked out.
given me an easier exam on purpose.
I think it’s
super nice of him and all that, giving me a chance at all – because I would
surely have failed the exam the others had taken, and even more so if it was
made more difficult – but… even if I don’t really like my classmates for
bullying me and others, even if I’m glad that I could get a good grade in this
subject just once… this doesn’t feel completely right. It feels unfair, to get
favorited like that.
family was like “You deserve to get things made easier for you, not harder,
just once”, but my sense of justice doesn’t really agree on that.
know what’s best here. Just be grateful and say nothing or speak up against it.
Its okay Hypaa we'll love you and cherish you regardless of your pursuits. And if you DO publish an actual book. *starry eyes* PLEASE PLEASE INFORM US!!!! I WANT TO READ WHAT YOU WRITR CAUSE YOU HAVE A BRILLIANT MIND AND ATTENTION TO DETAIL *hugs*
WHY ARE Y'ALL SO GREAT, OMG
I will most definitely let folks know on here when I’ve done such a massive thing like that. I’m great at building on already established universes, which is why fanfiction is so enthralling to me. Someone else started the idea, and all I have to do is finish it, lol! So the idea of starting from scratch and building my own characters and settings and all that got me like
My bf has really tried pushing me on writing a novel and I’ve been completely reticent on it because I don’t feel like I’m ready. But hell, when was I ever ready to do any of the things that have turned out great in my life?
Welp, until then… lemme just focus on smut. Yes. LOL
Here are some things I’d like for you to keep in mind when requesting oneshots:
1. Has the idea been done before? Check the masterlist to see if I’ve already written a oneshot with the same idea as your request. This is important!
2. Do you want it to be NSFW? Include that in your request and be specific - let me know what you want. I like details!
3. Some things are off limits. I am a straight, white female and feel like I would be doing a disservice writing about topics I have not experienced or things I cannot fully understand because of my sexual orientation or past experiences. i.e. no assault, rape, anything that’s a trigger as such, asexuality, etc. It’s not that I do not believe in exploring those topics but I cannot imagine writing about something I have not gone through as if I had some sort of authority. I feel it’s better for someone who completely understands those things to write about it. I would never want to upset readers with my lack of understanding and/or knowledge about a topic. That is very important to me.
4. Realistic. I understand not everyone likes realistic fanfiction (no werewolves, aliens, vampires, etc.) but that’s the only kind of genre I want to explore with my oneshots. What would a real sophomore experience in the real world? Keep that in mind, please~ No super far-out kinds of things.
5.Endings. Please do not end your request with, “and whatever you want” or “however you want to end it.” This is your request. I want to make sure the request is as close to the way you imagined it so please do not leave any of it up to me. I love detailed requests!
Y/n fiddled with her dress, while everyone around her hustled and bustled. She was super nervous, and had every right to be. She was about to get married to one of the greatest guys she has ever met.
“Are you ready sweetheart?”
Y/n was released from her for by her dad. He looks at his daughter and she gives him a nervous smile. He kisses her hand and locks arms with her.
“You are going to be fine baby girl. He loves you and you love him. Nothing in else in the the world matters.”
Y/n wipes away the stray tear that fell from her father’s eye.
“Dad, if you start crying, then I’m going to cry. We gotta to keep it together until we get out there.”
They both let out a small laugh as the wedding march starts playing. Y/n takes a deep breath and her father puts the veil over his daughter’s face as the doors open. They start their slow walk down the aisle, with the faces of all y/n’s friends, family as well are her future in-laws and future family staring in awe. Y/n keeps her head down slightly, but locks her eyes on her future husband, only feet away from her now. She sees his icy baby blues welling up with tears, causing her to feel her own array of tears. She takes a deep breath to try and stop or at least delay the arrival. Y/n and her father reach the altar and he takes his daughter’s hand and places it in her future husbands. He gently kisses her on the cheek and walks over to his seat. Y/n looks straight ahead into the eyes of her love, smiling. He gently grabs the veil, pushing it over her head and inhales deeply looking at his ravishing bride. He whispers while the priest starts talking to everyone.
“You look beautiful.”
“You don’t look so bad yourself.”
Y/n whispers back to her groom. He looks so sharp and sophisticated, unlike his normal appearance. Without his J’s, no leopard print, and his hair tamed, Y/n hardly recognizes him. Y/n quickly runs a hand over his hair, letting it loose a little bit, causing him to chuckle.
“You didn’t like it all slicked down?”
“It isn’t you Zo. I’m marrying you, and I wouldn’t change a thing about it.”
“Would the bride and groom like to exchange their own vows?”
The priest interrupts their whisper session and they both nod. Enzo clears his throat and starts.
“Y/n, what can I say that I haven’t said to you before. You are a gorgeous, amazing woman who is waaay to good for me, but somehow I snatched ya up. I’ve been in love with you my entire life. Ever since the first day I met you. Back down in developmental, you were already there, kicking you know what and taking names. When I walked through those doors, I was starstruck. Before me, I saw this strong, beautiful woman who could hold her own and that’s when I knew I needed you in my life. That’s when I grew a pair and walked up to you, and well the rest I guess is history. From NXT, to the main roster. From takeover specials, to PPVs. From kick-off matches, to main eventing matches. Y/n you have been there through it all with me, helping me get along, being my manager, my tag partner, my go to gal. Y/n, I love you with all my leopard print stained heart. I cannot wait to be with you forever and beyond.”
Enzo gets a few chuckles throughout his vows and Y/n smiles at him and starts her own vows.
“Zo, from day one, I knew there was something about you that caught my eye. I wasn’t sure at the time whether it was the two-toned hair in a crazy style, the stylish J’s, the leopard print everything, or that thick Jersey accent. I realize now, that it was and is all of those things and more. What people see on t.v is the over the top Enzo. But what I got to see was the man with the biggest love not only for the business, but for all the fans, and for me. I got to see the guy who took care of me when I got injured, and thought my career was over. I got to see the guy who loved to play with his dogs. Got to see the guy who never put himself first. So the Enzo everyone got to see every week, I got to experience EA all day everyday. Zo, i love you and that is never going to change. This girl is gonna stick with you through the toughest times, and love that big leopard print stained heart of yours forever and always.”
Y/n also gets a chuckle or two in her vows. Enzo uses his hand not holding y/n’s to wipe away the tears that fall from his eyes. Then wipes away y/n’s tears that fell while she gave her vows. The pair smile at each other and then the priest.
“Do you, Enzo Amore, take Y/n to be your wife? For the good times and the bad?
“And Y/n, do you take Enzo Amore to be your husband? For the good times and the bad?”
“Then by the power vested in me, I now pronounce you man and wife, you may now kiss the bride.”
The crowd erupts into cheers as Enzo pulls Y/n in for a soft kiss. The couple rest their foreheads against each others while smiling.
“Now for the honeymoon.”
Enzo wiggles his eyebrows, causing Y/n to giggle.
“How you doin.”
She says in her best Jersey accent causing her now husband to laugh. The couple turn toward their families and friends and start back down the aisle, ready to start their lives together.
First, I want to apologize because it took me so long to get another drabble out. I was having severe writer’s block, but I hope this Enzo Fluff helps a little.
Next, I just want to say how thankful I am for all of you!! You guys keeping liking and commenting on my drabbles and requesting them, and that honeslty makes me soooo happy! BTW , my requests are always OPEN so feel free to give me your request.
Finally, for the Prompts: WWE- give me a wrestler and a number and anything you want included and I will do it (unless the number has already been taken). Writing- Give me any character, any fandom, number and whatever you would like in it (unless the number is already taken). Inbox, or message me your ideas. I would love to hear them :)
Feel free to talk to me too! I love a good conversation and I love meeting new people!
See you soon with another drabble, I have a list and an order so bare with me if it takes me a little bit to get to yours, but I promise it will be done <3 :D
Your apartment was so
ridiculously quiet that you felt on edge when you stepped into it late, late
the next night. Ruby had dropped you off after a long car ride of asking a
million questions about your trip, the culture, the people, and mostly -
unfortunately - about Harry.
“He waited with me for
like an hour,” Ruby said, swishing her long red hair over her
shoulder. “He told me all about your trip and how you two kind of like
took on an entire jungle and I seriously cannot believe you were able to do that!
He’s so sweet. I remember you two were so close in school and everyone was
“And I mean totally not
that it was probably like being with a celebrity and all since you knew him
from school but was it weird being with him again? Why’d he even go?”
“He had the time. He was
bored. My mum was nervous about me going on my own.”
“That’s so interesting!
Was he different than you remember? He seemed really tired and exhausted when
we talked but obviously it was because he’d just gotten off his flight.”
The conversation had gone
on for a little while longer. You’d given small little answers for everything
but mainly you lulled in and out of sleep. Your apartment was far too quiet
when you arrived though and you almost wished you’d have Ruby’s constant talk
to fill the void. Your bed was too comfortable too, and too large to sleep in
all by yourself.
So that night you barely
slept, scrolling through your laptop and catching up on two months worth of
social media and information in a night before sleeping for maybe an hour or
two. You were making coffee in the morning when your mum showed up - muffins in
one hand and a big hug looping around you from the other side.
Ok I know people don't like Messer for the things she says in interviews but is there a deeper reason that I just haven't been around long enough to pick up on? She seems kinda... hated (?) for just some poorly thought-out sound bites.
okay, a little history.
though erica has been with cm since the beginning, she didn’t become co-showrunner until 2010. you know what else started in 2010? season six. now, to be clear, no one blames her for all the shit that went down re: the ladies, that is 110% on cbs execs and pretty much everything that has gone wrong since 2010 can be traced back to their ~grand~ idea that was criminal minds: suspect behavior in some way or another.
she became a co-runner, presumably because ed bernero, the showrunner from the beginning of the series, was full timing for suspect behavior. chris mundy was also taken over to suspect behavior. they were argueably two of the best writers on the team (the fisher king 1&2, aftermath, sex birth death, profiler profiled, the big game/revelations, gideon’s exit episodes, legacy, penelope, lo fi, the instincts, masterpiece, demonology, to hell, and back, nameless faceless…to name a few lol) and from what i saw of ed during s6 (which is when i came into the fandom, lucky me), he was a good showrunner, in terms of talking to the press, though idk how much actual control he had over the show. considering seasons 1-5 compared with 6, i assume he had very little control. iirc, erica did not speak with the press or had very little contact with them.
when suspect behavior got canceled in 2011, ed and chris were fired. yes, instead of moving two of their best writers back to the main show - which, reminder, was suffering - they fired them. again, 110% on cbs execs and their ~grand~ idea for a spin-off that inevitably didn’t work bc they didn’t understand why cm was so popular.
BUT during most of this, i feel like fandom was somewhat comforted by the fact that they passed the torch to someone who had been there since the beginning (esp since they hired a handful of new writers for s6 who, btw, were not required to watch the prior seasons and the characters have obviously suffered for it) and who had, arguably, written a decent number of okay-to-good episodes as well. i remember a few of us looking up her eps during the summer between s6 and s7 and being like “okay, maybe it won’t be too bad.”
now. a quick reminder. a showrunner holds the “ultimate management and creative authority” for a tv show (thx wikipedia).
so. when a show takes a creative dive that appears to mostly be due to execs trying to ~stir shit up~ for shits and giggles instead of leaving a very profitable show in the capable hands of its original showrunner, reasonable people tend to put the blame on the execs. as such, i don’t blame her for a lot of the missteps that happened in season 6. even some of the stuff that was clearly the showrunners’ decisions is forgivable because it makes sense within the bts context. for instance, barely giving any characterization to seaver makes sense because they needed to focus on characters we already knew/loved who were leaving and they thought they could develop her character in s7.
but when the network execs stop mucking around where they don’t belong and the show doesn’t really turn it around, the blame starts falling rather squarely on the showrunner’s shoulders because they are in charge of the direction the show goes. it’s like when people talk about shonda in relation to grey’s or scandal. yes, she doesn’t write every episode, but she sure as hell is the one who plots out where the show is heading and she has final say. that’s erica’s role on cm. she plots. she has final say.
so when you get poorly plotted episodes (what the actual fuck was season 9’s openner and finale episodes???), episodes that don’t fit the tone or message of the show (THIRTEENTH STEP GE T OUT), poorly placed episodes (a ~fake rape~ case after morgan’s final confrontation with buford, route 66 being 2-3 seasons too late), characterization that doesn’t make sense…yes, a lot of that is on the writers, but ultimately, erica could veto that stuff. erica knows what good finale cliffhangers look like because she was there for all of the really good finales…and yet we keep getting shitty ones.
so. there’s that.
and i think “some poorly thought-out soundbites” is…an understatement, especially the…“some”…portion. three and a half seasons as full time showrunner = plenty of soundbites that could go horribly wrong. you have to remember too…all of the things she says to the media are things that are ultimately under her control, so it’s not just her missteps in wording. when she announces, for instance, that we won’t find out how prentiss feels about having to fake dead until episode TWELVE…that’s generally more about the content of said announcement (content that, again, she has control over), regardless of how she words it. when she says reid/maeve ~will be a relationship like nothing we’ve ever seen~ and then they fridge maeve…well, that’s a double punch (triple punch?) in the gut.
drops just about every spoiler that the cbs promo’s don’t or drops them in tandem. not cool.
girl shipbaits like no one’s business. thing is…rule has been from s1…no on the team is hooking up with anyone else on the team. literally a show rule. so her shipbaiting takes on an extra level of aggravation because she riles people up (many of whom do not know about this rule) only to have them be let down time and time again. not cool. also, the actors end up getting practically harassed by it as well. pretty much every interview, shemar has to say that morgan and garcia are like siblings. extra not cool.
similarly, fanservice. my stance? i want the show to make me happy because the characters are in character, they are engaging, and the story is engaging. if that means i start squealing like a tiny child because morgan is teaching reid to hit a ball? COOL. if i’m seeing morgan half-naked in a towel for some ill-conceived and ooc drama (with a dose of shipbaiting on the side)? NOT COOL.
finally, a more direct explanation of reasons i was not okay with the latest announcement:
i’m still aggravated as hell about last season’s “jj doesn’t have ptsd bc she’s a strong woman” and “that story is over with” (very) poorly worded soundbites
which makes this feel like she’s only doing it because fans complained
which i could maybe be okay with
(because, really, the idea that someone could be waterboarded, beaten severely, and sexually assaulted and then be 100% fine is so incredibly unrealistic and is totally lazy writing)
except between the things she AND aj said last year, i’m severely worried that things are gonna fall flat and just feel fake
so i’m already not looking forward to this because i have very little faith in it being done well
then you’ve also got erica saying jj and reid are gonna hash it out
and saying she “loves” jj and reid’s relationship
personally, in recent seasons, i haven’t seen that supposed love she has for their relationship from the way they’ve been written
because reid doesn’t seem close to her at all
and because jj’s reactions to reid come off as antagonistic and passive aggressive
and i like the idea that their relationship never fully recovered from jj keeping the secrets she kept
that’s interesting character development to me
i think it’d be much more interesting to have her hash it out with hotch whose ptsd is more recent
(since apparently reid’s near death experiences have happened so often that he is no longer affected by it!!!)
and whom she used to have a closer relationship with before she was a profiler
as it stands, it currently feels more like shipbaiting/fanservice than actual storytelling
especially because 200’s massive plot holes make it feel like fanservice and basing fanservice on fanservice just seems like a downward spiral
which is really disappointing
so far, i’ve been pretty satisfied with this season and the idea that this is could crash and burn for even more reasons than before is disheartening
TL;DR - if you’re new-ish to the fandom or at least new-ish to the behind the scenes stuff, then yeah, i feel like there’s some stuff you’ve missed. clearly.
Writer's Block. Y'Know, That Thing That's Total Bullshit.
Whoever came up with the term “Writer’s Block” is a dirty, evil, son of a bitch. That person single-handedly deprived the world of millions of works of art. And I hate him or her for it. Severely.
He or she didn’t create a descriptive term, finally putting words to a common phenomenon that had thus far eluded a competent title.
They created an excuse.
If someone’s too afraid to go to a wedding for various, possibly subconscious emotional reasons, and someone tells them, “It’s okay. You’re just suffering from wedding block,” Person A might as well put the wedding gift in the mail then and there. Because what Person B just gave them was all they needed – an exterior justification.
But there isn’t actually some random, natural occurrence of an inability to attend weddings. There is only the fear that stops Person A.
There is no Writer’s Block.
Only the fear of writing.
It’s been five full days since I’ve put pen to paper. Already, this is the most I’ve written since Tuesday, minus the odd mandatory email.
As someone who is trying to make a living from this shit, that’s the equivalent of randomly deciding, “Meh… Don’t feel like goin’ to work this week.” And then not goin’ to work for a week.
If I wanted to make myself feel better about it, I’d be all over that “suffering from writer’s block” shtick. Luckily, I hate making myself far too much to make myself feel better about myself.
My girlfriend would come home from an 8-hour shift at her real-life, adult-person job that actually involves standing and wearing pants and all that yucky stuff, and ask me, “You get any writing done today?” Not to motivate me through shaming. She knows my self-loathing has that covered already.
She asks out of a sincere interest in what kind of batshit ideas have pried their way out of my head. What terrible, inhuman things I was doing to my poor characters now.
And my response for the past five days has consistently been, “No. Just did some brainstorming.”
Which is all kinds of bullshit.
Every writer knows that there’s no off-switch to brainstorming. The wheels are always turning. It’s a job you take home with you. It’s a job you take to the casket with you. So yeah. All kinds of bullshit.
Might as well’ve said, “No. Just did some air breathing.”
But the excuse was more for me than her. Telling myself, “You’re not under any deadlines right now.” Knowing that no one except myself was expecting any writing from me at the moment. It’s all fine. Because I’d never not work if it was something I was getting paid to do.
But if you don’t write the stuff that you don’t get paid to write in the first place, you’re never going to get to the point of getting paid to write. So that excuse is just more kinds of bullshit.
So why haven’t I written?
…Well, I’m scared.
In my lifetime, I’ve dealt with enough anxiety problems to choke a moose. I’ve dealt with enough anxiety problems that that’s the only thing nonsensical enough to quantify the amount of anxiety problems I’ve dealt with. I mean, I dropped out of high school and got a GED because I had anxiety about my having a C in science.
It’s been a fuckin’ bloody, violent battle. And I haven’t always won.
But things are starting to take off for me, writing-wise. So, of course, that anxiety is taking off right along side it. Trying to pull me back down into the bucket of mediocrity, screaming at me about how unworthy I am. How I’m not cut out for it.
Thus the not having written in five days.
It’s the fear that keeps me from that wedding. But I’m not an entirely dumb man. And I know that any fears I have about going to the wedding are worth overcoming. Because I know how mind-blowingly orgasmic that wedding cake tastes. And I will be damned if I don’t get a piece of it.
I gave the fear its five days. And that’s all it gets. No more bullshit. No more excuses. Now it’s time to kick its ass back into submission and be a goddamn responsible person. With accountability and everything. Hopefully forever.
Because there’s no such thing as writer’s block. But every writer that is writing with the intention of people beyond themselves seeing their work feels that overwhelming fear. A fear that stops them from putting pen to paper. From coming up with a single word to type, leaving them looking at that taunting, white screen for an hour. A fear that even stops them from sitting down at their desk, opting to throw a few more hours at Netflix instead.
Sometimes it’s a fear of failure.
Sometimes it’s a fear of success.
But that’s the job. If you can’t overcome that fear – just enough to get going again – you’re not doing the job.
A chef either cooks or gets the fuck out of the kitchen. They don’t get to play the “Chef’s Block” card, so why the hell should you?
So the next time you’re face-to-face with that taunting, white-screened sonuvabitch, shift gears. Accept the fear. Use it, not as an excuse, but as a motivator. Mix it up a bit. Write a description of the room you’re in. Write down every thought that goes through your brain. Anything that gets some words out of your head so you don’t have to think them anymore.
Maybe even write an obnoxiously long blog post about your fear of writing that everyone is annoyed by for having to scroll past it on her tumblr dashboard.
BOOM! I’ve been quiet for a while due to many projects…. here’s one of them! After seeing Tentayena had done a Tadashi figure, I was dying for one myself :’D so the idea/knowledge of what pieces to use comes from them (and I ain’t talkin) but this has definitely started me on the path to making more figures like this- I already have another BH6 character lined up~
This definitely feels like a prototype- I learned a LOT from doing this, and I’m not super happy with the edges of the lines- but look at that LOGO! I am so proud of me >w>
Starting on September 19th and all the way to the 25th,
the first ever “Chiaki Nanami Appreciation Week” is going to take place,
courtesy of @i-demand-a-hug and @lucky-ass-nerd.
✖ What’s this?
You know that episode that never happened? Well, it never happened. In
fact, our Chiaki has been spending the entire week doing the most wonderful
things! And we’d like you to fill us in about that.
Every day, for a week, this blog will put out one prompt to fill. (It
doesn’t matter whether you fill it within 24 hours – we’ll be accepting late
You can write a story, draw something, make a mix, post an amv, even sing
about it! Any kind of fanwork is welcome, with or without any kind of ships,
and in any canon, be it the anime, the games, the novels, or even AU/What if.
The only condition is that it has to feature our dear Chiaki having the time of
her life. No angst allowed. Only happiness*.
*hurt/comfort is accepted, as long as it focuses on the comfort part. Also, the only
happiness clause doesn’t mean your works can’t feature conflict – it only
means that they must end in a happy, or bordering-on-sweet bittersweet way.
Fluff is the ultimate goal, but we’ll give you some leeway. Just, you know.
No torture dungeons.
✖ How do I participate?
Simply publish your work (or a link to it) on Tumblr and tag it as
#Chiaki Nanami Appreciation Week and/or #stay hopeful. We will then reblog it here
for everyone to enjoy! (Careful not to misspell them, otherwise we won’t be
able to find your work!)
Please keep in mind that the submitted works must be created
specifically for this initiative. Our goal is to increase Chiaki love, not to
catalogue the one that’s already out there, so get busy! ﾍ(=￣∇￣)ﾉ
We accept works in any language.
✖ What do I get out of
The knowledge of having done good.
Plus, your works and username will be featured on our final masterpost,
in which we will list all of the works by type and prompt.
✖ I have a question that
isn’t covered here. What do I do?
Feel free to send us an ask! We’ll be tagging them as #faq, so you
should probably check the tag before, in case your question has already been
answered. Otherwise, we promise we won’t bite.
That’s all for now. We look forward to seeing what you’ll come up with!
How do you feel about the general idea that everything that can be said about Shakespeare has already been said i.e. that there is nothing groundbreaking left for Shakespeare analysis?
I call bullshit. I did my senior honors thesis on the Henry VI trilogy and they’re so obscure and so often ignored that I was literally desperate for source material. Shakespeare is elastic and timeless. You can do the same play as a traditional history of Rome or a commentary on the breakup of Yugoslavia or as a grindhouse slasher experience in a meatpacking warehouse. These are all things that have actually been done. So long as life goes and new conflicts and artistic movements and global events occur, people will find new things to say about Shakespeare. Anyone who says otherwise is just narrowminded.
The first novel I queried had a pretty unique premise. I put the query on blogs like Absolute Write's Query Letter Hell, Agent blogs, etc. Recently, I saw an announcement in PW of a book with the same unique premise. I'm hoping it's a random, but can't help but feel like, due to how public I made the query, that the idea was stolen. Any suggestions? Has this happened to a client of yours?
I get what you’re feeling. You’re not the first writer to feel this way.
That said. You’re overreacting. Your idea wasn’t stolen. Honestly writers all have a ton of ideas. They probably keep you up at night sometimes because you have so many ideas and so little time. It’s much more likely that other people have similar ideas to yours.
Because ideas themselves are not unique anymore. Every idea has already been done in some form. Really every idea has been done over and over again. Even none of Shakespeare’s ideas were original ideas.
Yet his plays are the ones that are remember some 500+ years later, not because of the idea or concept but because of the execution.
So even if your idea was “stolen” it doesn’t matter. It’s the execution that counts.
So last time I posted something even remotely similar to this, I got yelled at by a devout Moffat enthusiast, because they thought I was posting hate. This is not hate. It’s observations. Constructive criticism, if you will.
So recently, I was re-reading my Doctor Who Storybook 2007 (soon enough the reason for my bolding will become clear), because it’s fucking magnificent and everyone, Who fan or not, should read at least some of it.
And then I found this story called Corner of the Eye.
This is the last story in the book, and it doesn’t feature Rose (who was the companion to Ten when the book came out), and it’s important to note that this story was written by Steven Moffat himself. It only features Ten, a character called Tom, and an unseen but frequently mentioned (due to the format) character called Kathy.
It also stars this bald little fucker.
Now, this story is about pretty much the same thing that Listen was about. It’s a lot more specific, though; it’s about a man (Tom) who discovers that this tiny bald fella has been living with him for his entire life without him knowing. It prides itself in its ability to be completely undetectable, is ALWAYS in the same room as Tom without him knowing, and only lets Tom see him when it feels safe/comfortable enough to do so. Sound familiar? Having read this, I have to assume that this character was used as the inspiration behind the tiny bald fucker doing exactly the same thing inListen.
Moffat re-using old ideas has been a huge thing this series, even though admittedly, he has done it very subtly and very well in most cases.
This is not subtle. This is taking a Doctor Who story that is already canon, putting it in a different format, changing all the names and characters, and calling it by a different name.
Like I said, this isn’t hate. Merely an observation.
Sorry Tiffany, I need to be a pain. I see a lot of CSers say that Emma hasn't shown that she has feelings for Killian and I just sigh. Could you please outline for our shipmates all the times that Emma has shown that she has feelings for Killian? Your metas are the best :)
I’m sure I’ll forget some without doing a full rewatch but off the top of my head:
2x06 - bandaging scene, screaming for him when the rocks fell, bartering for his safety with the giant.
2x08 - her face at “actually, no.” her guard entirely drops. she was trying to protect herself from being hurt again and in the process she did the same thing that had hurt her to someone else and she KNOWS IT. she feels guilt, shame, and a sense of loss at what she might have screwed up.
2x12 - “hide him.” her first priority is keeping hook safe from gold, despite what she’d done at the scene of the accident in prioritizing greg’s wounds which was out of pure practicality. waiting by his bedside for him to wake up. alerting him to the fact that gold is immortal and has magic (she has no idea cora already told him this - as far as emma knows, she would have been warning him).
2x15 (i think? definitely in manhattan) - locked hook up in a storage closet away from any chance gold, recovered, might lash out.
2x22 - making a plea for hook to do what’s best for them. she doesn’t make a single part of her argument about the town or the people there dying. it’s entirely about hook taking a chance at happiness and letting go of what’s stopping him. she gives him the chance to be a better person, a chance that EMMA STATES she needed before she could try (in reference to regina the first time she stated it) point is, she knows what a big deal having that chance is, and henry gave it to her, and now she’s giving it to hook because she wants him to choose hope over anger.
3x01 - choosing hook to open up to.
3x05 - KISSING HIM!??!???? lmfao like i don’t understand how that doesn’t indicate that she has feelings for him it’s amazing what haters will sweep under the rug. on top of the kiss: THANKING HIM. this is a big deal for emma.
3x06 - trusting hook, not anyone else, about neal being alive. the look in her eyes when hook reveals his secret. the way she glances back at him while approaching neal’s cage.
3x07 - “What meant something was you telling us Neal was alive. Thank you.” again, taking the time out of #savehenry to express her gratitude, when expressing ANYTHING is hard for emma. looking to hook for support when she is feeling a loss of hope. on top of this, shouting for him when he and neal were getting their shadows ripped out.
3x10 - staring at hook across the diner, blatantly wondering why he isn’t seeking her out like he always does. bringing up hook unprompted when charming is talking to her about good moments, pointing out that she must be KEPT AWAY from him. jealousy towards him and tinkerbell.
3x11 - “good.” the last thing emma swan would ever do is give someone false hope, so when she says “good” to him saying he’ll think of her every day, tells him that she wants that, that she wants him to love her, it means she’s telling him he has a chance and they’re going somewhere. she’s just got a lot of walls and a lot of issues to work through to get them there.
all of s3: looking to hook constantly for affirmation about neverland, despite the fact that neal returned to the group in 3x06 and had spent equivalent time there.
she trusts him, pure and simple. she cares about his safety. she wants him to love her because she believes she can love him and just isn’t ready to put it out there yet.
the only emotions that emma shows easily right now are heartbreak and anger - and hook has only gotten heartbreak from her in 3x11 when she realizes she has to let him go. HOOK is the one who gets her to finally crumble into teary-eyed emma saying goodbye. she kept it together before she had to say goodbye to him. her love is shown through actions, through concern for wellbeing, through the look in her eyes.
but by the end of this season, it’ll show through a lot more than that.
How do you know when to let a project go? I’ve been trying to write this one story for years, but I haven’t really gotten anywhere with it and I don’t think I’m going to get anywhere with it and I’m not as excited about it anymore, but I still can’t/don’t want to let it go and it doesn’t seem like anyone’s interested in reading it either and help?
As you state:
You’ve been working on it for years.
You’re no longer excited in it.
No one seems interested in reading it.
These are all good signs that it’s time to let go and move on. Now, does that mean you should? Not necessarily. Maybe you just need a break, maybe you just need to try something new to recharge your creative batteries. I’ve hammered away at projects for years and while they’re still not complete, I think they’re worth the effort.
There’s a few questions you should seriously ask yourself:
How much progress have you made? Do you have a lot done already or are you still hung over the beginning? If you’ve got a lot of work done, it might be worth continuing (after a break). If you’re still in the early stages, maybe shelving it is a good idea.
Has the work you put into it been worth it? You mentioned not being exciting about it anymore, but has writing it been fun? Does it feel like pulling teeth? If the process is torturous, it’s probably not work forcing yourself forward.
When people seem uninterested, what are you giving them? Do they have something to read, or are you just giving them the cliffnotes? If you are explaining it to them, do you have a polished pitch or are you fumbling over the details? Having someone willing to read your work is important, but having something that sounds interesting is also important. If no one is interested, you may not be presenting it right. (Also, having something to read is just as important! If there’s nothing to read, it’s hard to be excited about an idea.)
Deciding to let go is a tough decision, but it isn’t your only option. Taking a break and working on something new doesn’t mean you have to completely give up on the old. Take a long break, get some distance, and look back at it with a more neutral, critical eye. If it doesn’t seem worth it then, moving on may be the best thing to do.
Hey, so I have no idea if this has already been done but I thought I would do it anyway haha. I feel like even if there’s alot of appreciation weeks going around, there’s a lack of ouat on my dash and I thought i’d do this.
So basically, you can make gifsets, graphics, edits… you also skip days, or do whatever you want, feel free to message me if there’s something you’re not sure about.
day1: favourite episode from season 1
day2: favourite episode from season 2
day3: favourite episode from season 3
day4: favourite character
day5: favourite otp/ship
day6: favourite place
day7: favourite outfit
day8: favourite villain
day9: favourite objet
day10: favourite quote
day11: favourite season
day12: favourite dead character
day13: favourite hairstyle
day14: favourite scene
day15: favourite persona from anyone
day16: favourite second character
day17: a character from disney you would like to see in the show
day18: a character you would like to see more
day19: favourite brotp
day20: favourite magic (dark, white, etc…)
So I hope, you’ll have fun doing this and make sure to tag “ouatchallenge” in your first 6 tags so I can see/reblog your posts!!
- both likes/favorites/subscriptions/etc AND comments mean a lot to every writer!
- writers love to hear feedback. even if its just one word. even if you have nothing more to say than ‘nice!’ or 'cute!’ or 'aaw <3’ or anything of the sorts, its still absolutely loved feedback!
- if you are struggling with things to say, bring up what you liked; did you like how they write dialogue? mention it! did you like character interactions? mention it! did you like the ship? mention it! when you pinpoint the thing that you liked writers tend to start taking extra notice on that particular stuff, meaning that in the future what you liked, you’ll be receiving more of! and who doesnt like that!
- if reading a piece sparks something in your head, whether its an idea or a headcanon or anything related to the characters/au/story/whatever, mention it. tossing around and playing with these kind of things is always fun, and as writers are people seeking new stuff to explore and write about, these are always helpful things! besides, who knows, if you share a headcanon that pops in your mind while reading things, maybe they’ll write something about the said headcanon too!
- if you like the thing but dont know how to put it into words, fear not! nobody will get mad at you for just saying 'i liked it!’ but not knowing exactly what you liked. just the fact that you dig something we put out there for you and you say that, is more than enough. sure some people like to ask for more detailed input, but dont worry; again, nobody will get mad at you if you cant pinpoint the exact reasons
- SHARING IS CARING. if its just a tumblr reblog, it counts. specifically recommending ones stuff to your friend is amazing. just putting it out there that 'hey i love this fic/this author/stuff in this fandom/about this ship/character’ makes us feel like weird doing something right and that is great and makes us feel amazing in turn. and that encourages us to make more stuff for you to enjoy, whether its similar fics, stuff in a specific fandom, or just writing in general
also quick two parter hint section of things that you probs shouldnt do
- if a writer doesnt speficically ask for critiques and/or people to help point out spelling/grammar/etc errors, do not offer them said things! if you absolutely have to for whatever reason, please do it privately and as politely as possible. other than that, just please try to enjoy what is offered for you, cause even the pros make mistakes some times!
- dont tell a writer that their work reminds you of another persons work, that their ocs remind you of someone elses characters etc., unless its really obvious that its a ripoff. and especially then please highly consider if they really are stealing/ripping off someone else before accusing them of such things. its disheartening to hear that someone already did the idea, especially since 9 times out of 10 we will think their work is probably better than ours so yeah. you dont tell all those million coffee shop aus that they’ve already been done by someone else, why would you do that to anything else?
this has been your lil writer feedback psa. feel free to add more!