How to study:
1 - Have a good night of sleep.
- At least eight hours.
2 - Take some coffee before going to school.
- Always have a snack in your bag. (Don’t study hungry)
3 - Workout.
- I know it’s going to be hard, since most of you have to wake up so early, but working out will help you to make the most out of your day.
4 - Organize your bag the night before.
5 - Go through what you’ll be learning on the day.
- This way you will be prepared and you can take notes about your doubts on the subjects.
6 - Listen to a badass playlist on the way to school/college.
- It will boast your motivation.
7 - Drink a lot of water.
- That’s a tip to the whole day, actually. Always remember to take a bottle of water or tea to school/college.
1 - Sit in the front.
- You will understand more your teacher and be away from the noises that can take away your attention.
2 - Ask questions. (No matter how dumb you think they are.)
- Do not end a class with doubts. If you can’t ask during the class, take a note of your question on a sticker/notebook to ask later.
3 - Record the lectures.
4 - Put stickers on notes you will need to go over.
5 - Listen to your teacher.
- Be friendly with them.
- Write down their names and contacts (number, emails, social media).
6 - Taking notes on class!
- Don’t worry about it being pretty, just make it organized and understandable so you can go over and make real notes later.
- Always start with the subject title and date.
- Differentiate by color your teacher’s notes and yours. Put in red (or any other color you want, actually) the important things.
1 - Eat.
- You need to replace energy!
2 - Review everything you learned on the day you learned it.
3 - Complete your homework on the day you get it.
- Or start it, if the task is too big.
- NEVER FALL BEHIND!
4 - Dress comfy.
5 - Have office hours in case you didn’t understand something.
6 - Watch documentaries on the topic you are currently studying.
7 - Study 30 minutes (50 minutes at the very most) and stop for 10 minutes.
- Leave your study place when it’s break time.
8 - Turn off your phone or let it out of sight.
9 - Test yourself/talk out loud.
- Do practice questions!
10 - Taking notes after class!
- Organize your notes by color.
- Rewrite the informations with your own words.
- When writing the new notes, make it pretty if you can. (I think it motivates me to study, looking at something well made) Otherwhise, be simple and objective, focus on the most important things.
- Go over the class recording and read the books to compare with your class notes, to make sure you didn’t forget anything.