a summary of my experience at the nashville “markiplier’s you’re welcome tour.”
- there was a fight to the death to see whose show we were gonna do, and i was chosen to pick between ethan and tyler.
- …and by pick, i mean i had to kill my “least favorite.” i’m so sorry, tyler. :c
- out of nowhere, bob couldn’t bring himself to accept this and tied ethan up (while claiming he tied himself up). cue tyler and wade coming out on stage in the most ridiculous costumes ever (tyler dressed as a guy taking a bath, wade dressed as a cowboy).
- did i mention that mark clung to me, pretending to be scared?
- mark and i fought them in slow-mo. i managed to kill wade and free ethan.
- but then bob held mark at knifepoint and i had to save only one of them. i then killed ethan in a panic and immediately hugged mark.
- mark: “well, you didn’t have to kill him, but okay!”
- me: “i don’t do well under pressure, i’m sorry!”
- then, the guys pulled out this fancy-looking dinner for two, and mark invited me to sit with him. he then gave me a mic and asked a bit more about myself. as he put it, “we’ve been through so much together, and yet i know so little about you.”
- i told him about being a college sophomore, working for my university paper, and aspiring to become a professional writer one day.
- he asked me if i brought any friends/family with me, and i pointed to my mother in the crowd. “tell me your least favorite thing about your mother.” *beat* “do you want me to get killed?” “yes.” (my answer: her stubbornness)
- he then asked what my favorite thing about her is, and i turned to her and said, “she’s always there for me.” cue a bunch of awwwwing from the audience, followed by mark saying, “stubbornly always there for you. okay.”
- he also asked a bit about some of the people i work with on my university’s newspaper staff. i dragged my editor a bit for making me review the recent mlp movie, and mark said that we’re all non-silently judging him for it.
as we should.
- however, i did vouch for him by mentioning how he comforted me during a severe anxiety attack i had while researching for my first features story. people in the audience awww’ed a bit when i described feeling like i had already failed, and even mark looked a touch crestfallen. i mentioned how he encouraged me to pursue my dream because i have a lot of potential, and everyone on stage and in the audience were very supportive.
- mark and his friends ended the skit by singing a “musical about my life.” tyler and ethan played both a paper boy who wanted a new bike and a supportive friend named andy (my editor’s name). then mark played an exaggerated version of my mom, portraying her as a little hovering, but always caring for me. he even sang a song about how he’ll always be there for me (“even when you’re taking a poopoo, i’ll be there for you.” who knew mark singing about defecation could still be enchanting?)
- but the first thing he sang was, “juno, i love you.” anything awful people have ever said or done to me is forever invalid.
- i then got an autographed water bottle (as anyone who participated in the skits did), i got to hug mark one final time, and i hugged ethan and tyler while asking them to forgive me (they did lol).
- at one point in the post-show Q&A, a woman said that she was inspired to become a blacksmith because of mark. someone remarked that she should make swords, and mark leaned over and said, “no! juno would kill you!” i then vehemently agreed that me using real swords is a bad idea, and ethan and tyler were smiling and laughing the whole time.
@markiplier @lordminion @crankgameplays @muyskerm @thetrueapocalypto12: i cannot stress this enough. thank you for such a wonderful show. i’m so thankful to have been on this journey with you all since 2012. you all have gotten me through very tough periods in my life, and no words in the english language could ever fully express the happiness and joy i felt upon meeting you all at this event. you guys make life worth living, especially for folks like me.
thank you again,
p.s. ethan, tyler, if you’re reading this…I’M STILL SUPER SORRY. I HAVE NO LEAST FAVORITE, I PROMISE. D: