What is it about RebelCaptain that appeals to you?
You might have wanted a simple answer to this question but I can’t come up with one.
- The raw chemistry between Diego Luna and Felicity Jones is reason enough. They are drawn together in every scene and they draw me in just through facial expressions and body language. They worked together seamlessly.
- The parallels. My God the parallels. Both with horrible childhoods. Both child soldiers. Both lost everything and had to keep on living. Both would do anything to survive. Both did things that they wish that they could forget. Both wanted to find a way to redeem themselves but didn’t know how until they came together with their team and quite literally saved the entire galaxy.
- They see so much of themselves in the other. I think that’s why they clash at the beginning and come together at the end. They understand one another even if they don’t always agree with one another.
- That scene after Eadu. I live for angst. I can’t really ship a couple until they’ve had an argument because then I get to see how they react, who stays calmer and who is more passionate and angry. Most importantly how they react afterwards. And the fact that they’re both wet and arguing makes it even better.
- Speaking of what happens after fights, Not only did Cassian probably believe Jyn from the second she told him about her father’s message, he knew right away that no one on the council would believe her. That’s why he was worried. He knew that her word alone wouldn’t be enough. So even after they clashed, he went out and found people who would believe her. He put together a team for her who could get shit done.
- THE “WELCOME HOME” SCENE. Jyn’s words mean so much. “I’m not used to people sticking around when things get bad.” So many people have left her. She is so used to being abandoned. So the fact that Cassian didn’t give up on her clearly means so much to her. And when he says, “welcome home” it means everything because it doesn’t mean the base or the rebellion. It means that he’s not going anywhere, no matter how bad it gets, so she might as well get used to it. I haven’t even mentioned how close they get in this scene I mean fuck.
- They trust each other so much by the time that they get to Scarif. They know that they’re going into the belly of the beast and know that they have to have each other’s backs. They trust each other (and K2) to do that. For two people who have a lot of trust issues, that means so much.
- Jyn can’t stop thinking about Cassian after he falls. She thinks that he’s dead and has to keep telling herself that.
- Cassian climbs up a tower to get to her even after he’s been shot and falls. What. The. Actual. Fuck.
- WHEN JYN GOES TO DESTROY WHAT IS LEFT OF KRENNIC CASSIAN PULLS HER IN AND SPEAKS SO SOFTLY AND SHE LETS HIM IT’S TOO DAMN MUCH.
- THE ELEVATOR RIDE DOWN FUCK ME
- DO I EVEN NEED TO EXPLAIN THE BEACH SCENE????
I’m sorry I yelled. I got excited. So much draws me to rebelcaptain. There was so much potential with them. They are truly two sides of the same coin. I love them.