why did no one tell me about this
Most important changes:
- The hostage situation at Prescott was supposed to be about Clem, not Javi. In the final game, the New Frontier does not know that Clem is at Prescott, so the Prescott group doesn’t realize her history with the group until they are forced to confront the New Frontier in episode 2.
- Tripp, the true MVP, sides against giving Clem over to the New Frontier: “It’s the New Frontier, Connie. I ain’t throwing her to those fucking hyenas. Besides, she’s a good shot and we may need one.”
- Conrad doesn’t like Clem very much.
- There was supposed to be a tense stand-off between Wellington and (apparently, according to the video maker) the New Frontier in Clem’s flashback if she stayed in Wellington with AJ.
- The audio includes Clem and Gabe’s (rather cute, actually) conversation, which was too quiet to hear in the final game, after Gabe threatens to shoot Conrad:
- Clem: You okay?
- Gabe: Yeah?
- Clem: You know, that was really impressive back there, what you did.
- Gabe: You think so?
- Clem: I didn’t know anyone could point a gun at someone and still look like such a huge dork.
- Gabe: Haha, oh come on!
- Clem: No, it was really scary! I thought you might shoot your own foot off.
- Audio near the end is of Max (the beanie-wearing douchebag from the New Frontier at the gate who Clem gives the middle finger to) getting devoured by walkers, hell ya
- Audio at the end is of David getting branded, so I assume either they cut out a flashback of this or are saving this for a future ep.
Some other things I found interesting/cute:
- Originally, Eleanor would have stolen Tripp’s truck rather than taking Javi and Clem back to the junkyard on horses.
- Kate calling Clem “that tween with the gun” awww
- Clem re: Mari’s candy bar - “She’ll have to settle for half.”
- Clem: “Keep your eyes closed and count to a hundred before you go. And NO SPEED COUNTING. Mississippis. Got it?”
- Clem: “We could hang for this!” No foreshadowing please and thank you
- Eleanor: “Right. Must have been the other handsome young Latino stranger in town.”