i feel like i say that about all his hairstyles but

[translations] 2017.07.06 NCT 127 First Anniversary Event fan accounts - Rolling Paper

Taeil -> Johnny
Chicago monster bro. I love your physiques, are you perhaps a model? Thank you for always looking out for the rest of the members by taking on the role of the middle man. [chewchew_do]

Taeil -> Taeyong
Your features are so beautiful. Your eyes nose lips, no, I love everything about you [cheetahparrot]

Taeil -> Yuta
Yukkuri ….. ????? (fan accounts say that yuta was laughing so hard that he couldn’t read it)

Taeil -> Doyoung
How are you? Cutie. Every time I see your shoulders I think you are so handsome. I’m fine thank you bro [dukduk0614]

Taeil -> Jaehyun
Jaehyun I like your burning passion, in the future please burn that bright and pass the passion on to the remaining members as well [chin9deura]

Taeil -> Winwin
Ni Hao, Dong Si Cheng. I heard you play games really badly, practice more. Anyway you are so cute. I think you have gotten used to living in Korea, and gotten close with the members. Dong Si Cheng, Wo Ai Ni [nct_victory]

Taeil -> Mark
Cute. You are so cute. I can always feel a lot of things when I’m with you. Thank you bro [markleezzang]

Taeil -> Haechan
Our Lee Haechan who usually joke a lot but lately you became quiet. However now I like how you are joking around again. We nag at you is because we like you. I’m thankful that you are doing the role of the maknae well, and became the mood-maker too. Bye bye I love you [xzzanx]

Johnny -> Taeil
I am an only child in the family. But because hyung was by my side I was able to feel how is it like to have an older brother. I feel really happy and secured with hyung by my side. I am always thankful for that. Even though hyung don’t express it, but I know you like me a lot. I love you hyung. [chin9deura]

Keep reading

Yuri on Ice 2017/02/11 all night event report

I’m back from the event and I’ll write a report before going to sleep, mostly because I’m sure I will not be able to decipher my scribbles when I wake up… It’s not the full talk show since you can’t record it and also I couldn’t possibly write down everything, but I tried to take note of most things, especially stuff that has never been mentioned elsewhere. In the end it became quite long so I guess I was able to get most of the stuff down…

Needless to say it’s my notes, so other people might write about parts I omitted, etc. To be honest quite a few of the things they said especially in the beginning, like what the seiyuu think about their characters, is something I’ve read so many times in interviews that I could almost answer in their place, lol… I was a bit disappointed that one of the questions that was answered is the one about Chris’ mysterious acquaintance, because actually Kubo answered that in Pash already (it’s in the Q&A part I’ll be translating later), and I hoped they would feature questions about stuff that hasn’t been explained yet. Well I guess not everybody reads interviews, but still…

Due to the format of the report you can find my comments here and there, mostly in brackets.
Under the cut because it’s long.

I forgot to mention something important: the ones participating in the talk show were Mitsurou Kubo, Toshiyuki Toyonaga (Yuuri), Junichi Suwabe (Victor), Kouki Uchiyama (Yurio).

Keep reading

2

“You’ve left me paralyzed.
And now I’m stuck,
You’ve got me stuck.
Hmmm—uh
I never knew
Just what I wanted.
I still don’t know,
it’s all missing.
You’re picking up
On what I started.”

-

(I guess it’s safe to say my Ghost!Arthur deserved a new design… yet again! First image is like a cover, with him standing with his Electro Beats and the name of the song I picked for him. Second image is a ref thingy and is numbered- you can check all details under ‘read more’!)

(Here is the image with his last designs! You can learn something about him there as well if you want to see it!)

Keep reading

Things I’m waiting to see in the kuro movie

- Everything.

But specifically:

- Dr. Feelgood:

- “We’re The Midfords”:

- “My mother did this to my hair because we’re going to church today” hairstyle:

- “You’re a freak but not for me” scene:

- “I am alone but I have food”:

- Masters of deception:

- Sportacus:

- Resident Evil. Starring Ronald Redfield:

- “Your face is grass and I’m gonna mow it”:

-”Even though I have to kill you I admit you have nice shoes”:

- This guy:

- “I am secretly a five year old inside of a demon’s body”:

- Ceiling Lizzy + “You just seem to keep falling for me”:

- Female character people would have liked more if she had been a boy:

- Jealous is the new red:

- Fetus Ciel:

- This guy snorts when he laughs:

- Titanic 3D:

- I am all technique (but I have killed many while trying to acquire the perfect precision):

- Emperor Nero + That moment when everyone was tired of Druitt’s shit and wanted to kill him:

- “My hair hides my true identity”:

- Undertaker’s real name is Charlie Chaplin:

- This scene will look awesome animated:

- Yandere! Sebastian + That moment when everybody’s heart broke:

- The origins:

- #LetUsAllHugFetusCiel 

- “Maybe this burnt down mansion was a bad idea”:

- “Cause you’re hot and you're cold, 

don’t wash me at all. 

You’ve hurt me, get out. 

It’s too hot, I’m out!”:

- The mistery of where Sebastian’s left hand is in here will finally be solved:

- More fetus Ciel:

- “And he was like, ‘hey bastard, your ends are split’ and I was like ‘just like your girlfriend’s legs last night, but you don’t see me complaining about it now, do you?’”

- It would have hurt more if he had hit the top of his hands instead of just the palms + Oh, so you suddenly feel the heat but you couldn’t manage to make a simple fucking bath, huh?:

- I don’t care if she doesn’t even talk I just wanna see her in the movie:

- Madam please, I’m still not over you:

- “Sweet kiss, shitty ass crown. Just get me a princess tiara and we can pretend”:

- When you think you know a lot of stuff for your age so you bother your father about it, but then your old man gets tired of you and hits you with the harsh reality:

- *Mmm watcha say…*

- Do you think Sebastian DiCaprio will get his oscar after this?

And of course… The thing that most definitely has to appear…

THE PHOENIX!!!:

Wait, what?

(based on this) (look, there’s a part two)


Yuuri barely has time to grab his jacket when he runs out the door, much less brush his hair or find a hat. Unfortunately, he’s sure that that means that his hair is an absolute mess. It’s been getting long again, but in between classes and helping Yura out with his routine on the weekends, he hasn’t had much time for things like haircuts. Besides, Victor doesn’t seem to mind it, and Yura likes to experiment hairstyles on Yuuri “so that if it looks stupid, I don’t have to see it on myself.”

It’s not that big a deal, except on days like this, when he sleeps in (thanks a lot Vitya) and doesn’t have the time to really get it under control. He usually meets up with his friends before class, and he doesn’t doubt that they’ll notice, and probably tease him about it.

They notice.

“Yuuri!” Estephania gasps, sounding too scandalized for her words to be anything but teasing. “What on earth happened to your hair?”

Yuuri flushes. “I was running late,” he mumbles.

Richard snorts. “You sure? Because that looks more like sex hair to me, man.”

“Ooh, he’s right,” Estephania coos before Yuuri can protest.

He wonders if it’s possible to die of embarrassment (especially since they’re not entirely wrong). “No, really I–”

“We know, sweetie.” She reaches up and moves his hair around a bit, trying to make it look presentable. “You’re just too easy to tease.”

“You sure you’re really twenty seven?” Richard raises an eyebrow.

Yuuri just smiles at the ground in fond humiliation (apparently it’s not a common emotion, but it’s a little hard not to be used to the feeling when he’s married to the world’s biggest drama queen) and nods. “I am.”

His friends are too much sometimes, he admits. Richard is the embodiment of America in a lot of ways: loud, completely lacking a sense of social norms, a walking personification of testosterone. Estephania is less… everything… than Richard, but she’s very touchy and affectionate in an entirely platonic way that reminds Yuuri a lot of Christophe, only without all of the innuendo. But they’re both loyal down to their very core, and they’re not bad people.

His phone starts ringing, Stammi Vicino playing loudly. Yuuri picks up, keeping his phone away from Estephania’s hands. “Да, Vitya?”

“Dude! You speak Russian too?” Richard looks like Yuuri just smacked him in the face. The school year just started, so they’re all still learning about each other.

Yuuri just smiles, since Victor is in the middle of one of his usual mid-morning crises. “Vitya, calm down,” he says in Russian. “Makkachin is probably out with Yura. You know he takes her for walks sometimes. Have you seen him today?”

He manages to get Victor off the phone just before class starts, flipping his phone to airplane mode since he’s sure that this isn’t the last he’ll be hearing from his lovable trainwreck of a husband.



Keep reading

Mixed Black African Girl (Cameroonian/French)

I’m a mixed black african girl who grew up and lived most of her life in Cameroon, in Central Africa. My dad is half-white (french) and half-black (cameroonian), and my mom is 100% cameroonian. There’s little to no black african characters in popular fiction, which has always bothered me, and it would be so nice to read about someone like me for once.

  • Culture and food

Cameroon is a country created during colonization, with borders defined by europeans. Because of that, Cameroon is actually made of 200 ethnic groups, each of them having their own language and culture. So the culture and daily habits vary a lot depending on which region of Cameroon you are in. In the big cities, though, everyone is mingled no matter where they’re from. However, so many different ethnic groups cohabiting together often causes tension. There are also a lot of stereotypes about every ethnic group.

I grew up in the central and coastal areas of the country, and I’m Bassa. The Bassa are one of the main ethnic groups in Cameroon. If your parents are from two different ethnic groups, it is decided that you officially belong to your father’s ethnic group. My mother is Bakoko but my father is Bassa, so I’m the latter. When I meet another Cameroonian, two of the first questions we usually ask each other are : What are you (meaning, what’s your ethnic group) ? and Where is you village ?

Villages are very important in the Cameroonian culture. Your village is where your father’s ancestors were born. Even if you’re not born there, you usually have grandparents or great-uncles or family friends living there, and if you have enough money to do so you must regularly visit your village. And usually, when people earn enough money, they send money to their village so that people living there can have a better life, build more houses and schools etc.

Cameroonian food is very diverse, and varies depending on the region. The national dish is Ndolé, a dish made with ndolé leaves, stewed nuts, and meat (fish, beef or shrimps). Other common foods are bobolo and miondo (food made out of fermented manioc), soya (spicy grilled meat on skewers), and plantain. My dad is half-french though, so at home we eat almost as much french food as cameroonian food (crème brûlée, shepherd’s pie, beef bourguignon, A LOT of bread and cheese).

  • Language

There are hundreds of different languages, but the official languages are French and English. Cameroon was colonized by France and England so Northern Cameroon mainly speaks english and central/southern Cameroon mainly speaks french. Most people also speak their ethnic group’s language. I don’t know how to speak Bassa, though, because neither do my parents. When me and my siblings were kids, our dad asked our baby-sitter to teach us, but she could only do so much and I only remember a few words.

  • Beauty Standards

Like most countries, there is a lot of colorism in Cameroon based on European beauty standards. When you’re a woman, the lighter you are, the prettier and more desirable you are considered. Dark skinned women are often mocked and considered not as pretty. A lot of people, mainly women but also men, use dangerous products to lighten their skin. Internalized racism and white beauty standards are very insidious, and a lot of people want to look like white people, including me when I was younger. As a kid I remember wishing i was a pretty blonde-haired blue-eyed white girl like the heroines of the books i was reading. Growing up I stopped wishing that, but I relaxed and straightened my hair a lot, wanting to have long straight hair without realizing that it was still an attempt to look like the ideal version of a white girl. I’m sure that if I had more black female characters to relate to when I was growing up, I wouldn’t have spend so many years hating myself without even realizing I was doing it.

Also, Cameroonians usually consider thick, curvy women to be the ideal beauty standard. But being thin is still an ideal broadcast by the media (especially that american and european media are heavily broadcast and consumed in Cameroon) so most women still diet a lot and go to the gym to lose weight.

  • Clothing

Women wear a lot of skirts and dresses, be it casual or for work. Most cameroonian schools have uniforms and mandatory hairstyles (either cornrows or short shaved hair).

Elderly people often wear more traditional clothes and outfits. The most prominent traditional item of clothing is the Kaba. The Kaba is a long dress made of wax fabric and other materials and is owned by pretty much every woman. The dress looks different depending on the situation : the Kaba you wear when you stay at home is usually very long and very loose, the Kaba you wear during official/formal events is more tight-fitting and stylized, etc.

  • Dating and Relationships

I’ve never dated anyone, but when I was in high school none of my friends ever told their parents they were seeing someone. Having your parents know about and meet the person you’re dating after only a few weeks or months is something that just doesn’t happen (unless someone gets pregnant). It’s when things get serious that you introduce them to your family. Also, a lot of parents would prefer their children to marry someone from the same ethnic group.

Homosexuality is still illegal there, and you can go to jail for being gay.

  • Home/Family life

My parents are still happily married, and I have 3 siblings. My parents are both close to their siblings, and I’m close to mine. Me and my siblings grew up with our cousins, we were always at each other’s houses. I pretty much consider most of my cousins as extra siblings. We have a very big extended family and every day I discover new distant cousins, aunts, great-uncles etc. My dad being half-french, when I was growing up we sometimes went to France during summer to visit his relatives living there.

In Cameroon, most people who have enough money to do so send their children to study abroad once they’ve graduated high school. I’m currently living in France for my studies, and most of my high school friends are also going to college in France, England, Canada, Brussels, South Africa etc.

  • Identity issues

Despite being only ¼ white, I’m very light-skinned. My siblings being much darker skinned, when I was a kid I thought I was adopted (i’m not, it’s just genetics). Cameroon being a black country, when someone is visibly mixed and light-skinned as i am, most people just label them “white”. A lot of people would refer to me as “the white” and it always really hurt me. My family wouldn’t understand why i was so angry and hurt, they’d say “they don’t mean anything by it, it’s just that you’re light” but the fact is it made me feel like i don’t belong. I’m cameroonian, i’ve lived in Cameroon almost my entire life, i’m black, and still some people see me as “other”, they see me as white. And so for a long time, I didn’t dare to call myself black, I’d say “I’m biracial” or “I’m mixed” instead because I somehow felt like a fraud. But I’m black and not white-passing at all, and I still experience racism abroad (but I’m aware I have a lot more privilege than dark skinned people).

  • Daily struggles

So I’m currently living in France. On one hand, sometimes white people are racist toward me, or just totally obnoxious and ignorant, trying to touch my natural hair and thinking that people in Cameroon don’t have computers or whatever. On the other hand, when I randomly meet other cameroonians and we start talking, they always assume that because i’m mixed i’ve lived my entire life in France and i don’t know anything about Cameroon. And there’s nothing wrong with being a child of immigrants and not knowing the country your parents or grandparents came from, but i know that if i wasn’t visibly mixed they wouldn’t question the fact that i know Cameroon and lived there my entire life.

  • Misconceptions

Because of how the media depict African countries, a lot of people think that everyone in Africa is extremely poor and starving, that we don’t have electricity and internet and that everyone lives in huts. Which is so false. We have rich people and poor people, we have huge modern cities and regular cities and small villages with huts, almost everyone has access to a tv and internet, etc.

  • Things I’d like to see less of

Cameroon and other african countries being depicted as poor unfortunate countries where everyone is starving and illiterate and waiting for the generous white people to save us. What we need is for people to see us as the humans we are, and to allow us to grow in peace.

  • Things I’d like to see more of

Black african characters being written as the complex human beings we are. Shy black african characters. Nerdy and hella smart black african characters. Mixed black african characters who struggle with their identity. LGBTQ black african characters.

  • Tropes/Stereotypes I’m tired of seeing.

The “savage”, “uncivilized” african. African characters who are aggressive, dumb and shout all the time. The poor africans in need of saving by white people.

Read more POC Profiles here or submit your own.

Comments from Skam’s official website under some of the clips in season 3.

okay i found this kinda funny. since we’re in the beginning of a new season and we speculate on what’s gonna happen next, i went back to read the comments on some of the early clips on season 3 and thought i’d translate some. (if you don’t bother to read the long comments i’ve bolded the best part.) btw my absolute fav is X’s comment on the Ikke vær frekk clip omfggg


CLIP 3 EPISODE 1: Går ned på chicks:


hvor er først? (where is first?) wrote:
Sana and Eva seems hostile? Wonder what Isak used his rent on. Why doesn’t Jonas try to get an entry pass to try and look, (for the weed at eva’s) since Isak is met with an icefront. The season opens with so many questions that i’m going insane. Anyone else got the impression that Eskild was keen on Isak, but Isak wasn’t on Eskild?

Mari wrote:
handsome guy Isak spotted!!!

Ole Brum wrote:
I think Isak is actually not gay

gjesp wrote:
hope it doesn’t get this boring the whole season

Selima wrote:
OMG ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BET THAT ISAK’S BOYFRIEND IS GONNA BE NAMED JULIAN DAHL!!!!!!!!!!

Noen (somebody) wrote:
Isak looked at a boy. HE’S IN LOVE OMG.

randomhoe wrote:
bruh, Isak is booooooring, this whole season is gonna be boring, think about it. William quit and now “ISAK” that little cute guy has the main role?

CLIP 4 EPISODE 1: Kose-gruppa:

Evak 4 life wrote:
I bet that Isak and Even are gonna get together, I ship them, Evak (heartemoji). But I swear if Even is using Isak to get to Vilde then I swear I’ll be really mad. They are so cute together.

Mari wrote:
what was the deal with the paper towels Even took?

Kjedelig bruuuh? (boring bruuuh?) wrote:
I honestly think season 3 has been boring, I miss Noora and William.

CLIP 5 EPISODE 2: Grindr:

Hei wrote:
Now I think some of these comments are being too negative. This season is probably gonna be just as good or even better than season 1 and 2.

Zwup wrote:
Isak is bi and unsure, he’s curious about boys.

Anna wrote:
am I the only one who deep inside hopes Isak and Emma are gonna end up together?

Cath wrote:
I think it’s building up to that Isak is gonna believe/think/hope Even is gay, with support from Eskild’s comment on blowjob. And then Isak dare to either fall in love or hit on Even. Then he’ll be rejected and hurt and it’ll be stress and drama, cause Even isn’t gay. The moral to Andem must be to show that no hints can show who a person truly are, and through Isak we’ll learn this. I think Even and Emma are gonna fall for each other, and Isak will get a real downfall before he falls for another boy.

slitsomt wrote:
(some stuff about how boring it was that people loved Noora and William the instant they talked, and doesn’t like that people did the same with Isak and Even and) I rather hope that Isak “thinks” he likes Even and that Eskild supports Isak both against his christian parents and so on, and in the end they’ll fall in love because Eskild was always there for Isak. If Even and Isak ends up together it’ll be to obvious.

Snopet wrote:
I think Eskild and Isak will end up a couple. In the end Noora probably comes home from London and it’s over between her and William.

vet ikke (don’t know) wrote:
is Isak gay? or does he like girls?

Nila wrote:
the show sets up to that Isak is gonna come out of the closet, but I guess Julie Andem is gonna fool us all in the end. He’s not gay after all.

CLIP 6 EPISODE 2: Even:

lille my wrote:
I think they are charging up to season 4 already, sana <3<3

H wrote:
already better than season 2, feels good to finally have the real Skam back on after the Sahara of dry excitement last season.

UREALISTISK (unrealistic) wrote:
who the FUCK is dumb enough to take it (the weed) with them to school? not sana at least. Skam seriously?

Even er ikke intr (Even is not interested) wrote:
I think Even seems slick…. I’m sure he’s just gonna get Isak in trouble… and IT’S NOT gonna be Isak and Even.. Even seems obviously interested in girls,,, the way he looks at them and dig. It looks like he’s more interested in Vilde, nobody has noticed or commented on this? (and that thing about that somebody is gonna die.. Skam is going to a new level.. GOOD episode!)

Isak, Emma, Even :) wrote:
anyone else who thinks Isak should go down on chicks? maybe Emma?

CLIP 7 EPISODE 2: Ikke vær frekk:

X wrote:
This is starting to look more and more like Twilight. The stare between Isak and Even. Even’s hairstyle. The music that is being used. And even tho Even’s stare lasted to long I have to say that the director is getting some “inspiration” from the Twilight-movies. It’s like they met at the writers table and said “what if Twilight was about two boys instead of a boy and a girl?”. because Even is almost pale enough to play a metrosexual vampire.

lol wrote:
I thought season 3 was gonna be shit actually. but it’s alot better than before tbh XD

M wrote:
if Skam keeps this up Baz Luhrmann is gonna be able to sue NRK for copyright infringement. Fair enough with some Romeo and Juliet references but yeez, calm down.

2

I’ve noticed that there’s a lot of hate towards Zen’s hair. I understand that it’s not meant to be taken seriously, because most of these posts are just jokes about wanting to cut his hair, but I just never really got it. I don’t know if I’m the only one, but even down to Zen’s hair I’ve always thought it had some sort of underlying meaning to it. I got over 300 reblogs from my previous post about loving Zen’s hair, so here’s a little theory for you guys regarding it.

Let’s go back to his childhood days first. He was verbally and physically (to an extent) abused by his parents who didn’t support his dream. There was a part where his mom was forcefully trying to cut his hair and he was protesting against it. This is where my theory begins.

We know that he did want to grow his hair out, it’s just that he wasn’t allowed to. After he ran away from home he could do whatever he wanted, so he decided to finally grow it out. Outside we see Zen as this independent, confident, hardworking guy who makes his own decisions. But is he really that guy?

Throughout his route we see that ultimately, he’s still seeking approval from his parents. I mean there’s even a visual novel where he finally decides to call them and make amends, so it shows that after all those years he still hasn’t forgotten about them. In his Valentine’s Day DLC After Ending, we see that he and MC were planning to tie the knot, but they chose to hold it off until his parents approved of their marriage.

I personally never liked rattails, I mean who really does anyway? It’s a pretty old-fashioned hairstyle. Zen, as he claims, is the moST bEAUtiFuL mAN iN tHe wOrLd. You’d think he would find a good hairstyle to match his perfect face. So why does he choose this hairstyle?

It could be that
1) He likes that hairstyle leave him alone
2) He’s, again, still seeking approval from his parents

From the front, it still looks like he has short hair (picture attached above). It’s what his parents would’ve wanted. He still isn’t confident enough to fully commit to the long hair he’s always wanted because it would go against his parents’ preference.

From the side and back, long hair (picture attached above). It’s his way of saying that he’s now independent and he can finally make his own decisions without being weighed down by his parents.

His hair symbolizes an internal conflict Zen has with himself. Does he want his parents’ approval more than he values his independence, or the other way round? Nevertheless, he stuck with that hairstyle. Because no matter what, Zen is just as insecure as the majority of us, if not even more.

He’s still looking for validation from his parents. He’s still traumatized from the verbal abuse he had gone through. He just wants them to be proud of him, and that’s why even when he goes against their wishes and runs away from home, he still keeps a ‘short’ hairstyle for them.

And I guess that’s why I can never really bring myself to hate his hair, because I feel like it sums him up as a person really well. I KNOW THIS IS PRETTY FAR-FETCHED, but you guys have to understand that I AM a literature student, so coming up with theories like this and linking this and that together is my absolute favourite thing to do. I hope I’ve explained myself clearly.

———-

REBLOG IF YOU ACTUALLY LOVE ZEN’S HAIR
1ST THEORY: ZEN LOVES YOU IN EVERY ROUTE
2ND THEORY: ZEN LOVES YOU IN EVERY ROUTE (+DIMENSIONS)

Part 8 of Lance Bonding With the Lions!! Woohoo!!

The team went back to Blue’s hanger, hoping to find Lance still there. As they approached the entrance, that heard faint…snoring? The group eased into the room, peering to discover where the noise was coming from. The sight before them could cure any diseases. Lance, who was the culprit of the noise, was curled into a tight cocoon made of blankets, snuggling against the junction between Blue’s head and shoulder. The other Lions were sprawled across the room, a silent hum emitting from them. “Should we wake him?” “I don’t know, but I do want to get to the bottom of this.” Shiro turned to Allura. “Princess? What would you decide?” Allura weighed the options, and with a quick nod, made her decision. “We’ll wake him. We can talk to him, and then he can continue to rest.” As Allura reached down to do just that, Red’s eyes came to life, and a low growl rippled across the room. Allura jerked her hand away, looking at the lion in shock. Keith looked between Lance and his Lion in awe. “…I guess we shouldn’t wake him up. We might seriously regret it.” Pidge breathily replied. “Then how will we know how and even if Lance bonded with the other Lions?!” Hearing those words, the Red Lion slowly raised to its feet, slowly approaching them. Red then sat in front of the team, gazing down. The team let out a gasp as Red sent them a vision.
~~~~~
They were all back at the Garrison. It was as if they were watching a movie flicker in front of their eyes. “Keith, is that you?” Pidge asked as she pointed toward a dark figure with a familiar hairstyle. “Yeah…why did Red-” “Haha! Look at that freak!” A group of three older boys snarled at past Keith, shoving him into the wall. “Yeah, he doesn’t have any friends, and everybody hates him. I even heard that he doesn’t even have a family. Congratulations, Keith. Not even your own family liked you.” The team looked in anger and shock at the scene before them. Past Keith bit the inside of his cheeks, hands clenched into fists by his side. “Just leave me. The fuck. Alone.” One of the boys shoved Keith again. “You better watch that mouth of yours before we have to teach you a lesson. Again.” The boy sneered. With a final push, the boys began to walk away. Past Keith watched as they walked away. With a huff, he grabbed his things and hurried away. The team looked at Keith. “Why would Red show us this?” Keith clenched his jaw and shrugged. Just when he was about to say something, a door opening interrupted him. Out of the door, steps Lance (past Lance that is). Lance eyes were dark and his jaw was set. His eyes kept darting from where Keith and the group of boys parted ways. “Did he…hear all that?” Pidge questioned. “It appears so.” Murmured Allura. They watched as past Lance kept clenching and unclenching his hands. Finally, giving a curt nod, Lance jogged his way in the direction the group of boys left. “What is he-” the scene around them suddenly changed. They were now in past Lance and Hunk’s shared dorm. “Honestly Lance, what did you do this time?” “What?! How could you assume I started it? I’m betrayed Hunk.” Lance fell dramatically on his bed, but when he landed, he winced and moan a small “Ow.” “LANCE!! You’re gonna hurt yourself even more!” The team gasped as they really got to study Lance for the first time. Bruises were littered across his arms and face. A black eye shined brightly with a small gash underneath it that was still bleeding. His knuckles were bloody and bruised, and there were countless red scratches decorating his body. “Honestly Lance, taking on three guys at once? What we’re you thinking?!” Hunk stated as he tended to Lance’s many wounds. “What did they do that was so bad to make you go try to fight all of them? By yourself!” Lance winced at Hunk’s words. “Easy there buddy. My brain feels like it has went through a blender, so can we keep the volume to a bare minimum please?” Hunk purses his lips into a thin line, but he didn’t say anything. A moment passed. “…they were hurting someone. Someone I care about. Look up to even. And I…I had to do something. They couldn’t get away with that.” Lance clenched his fists. “Shouldn’t.” Hunk glanced down at him and gave him a sad smile. “Well, if this ever happens again, at least think it through before you go to them, fists a-blazing. Or at least take them one at a time.” Lance beamed at him through bloodied split lips. “GROSS, DUDE! I-I think I’m gonna hurl.”
~~~~
The team find themselves back in the hanger, struggling to find words to say. Keith glances at Lance’s sleeping form. “He-did he really-I don’t-why-” “I remember that.” Hunk softly interrupts Keith. “He never really told me about that fight.” Before Keith or any of the others could say a word, the Yellow Lion stepped up. Hunk looks up, eyes light with curiosity and wonder. “Yellow? What are you-” the team suddenly find themselves in another vision.

Theory: Mystery Man IS Eren

 I know I’m not really the type to post Attack on Titan theories but I just can’t help myself with this one because I am 99.9999999% sure the “mystery man” we see in chapter 93 and 94 has to be EREN. The only reason why I’m not 100% sure is because I’m keeping in mind that there’s a chance Isayama might just pull a “here’s a new important character!” move, which honestly doesn’t make sense in this case for so many reasons… but you never know, right?

So with the latest chapter out, I knew that Isayama was going to bring this guy up again. Of course, I was hoping that the identity of this man would’ve been revealed already but it looks like he’s purposely keeping the identity secret to keep us readers on edge.

Now for those of you who wonder why I am so confident that this is Eren, I can first state the obvious point:

1. Appearance: Considering that there has been a three year time skip, it would be realistic to assume that Eren has grown out his hair even more by now. Aside from that, chapter 90 heavily implied that there was going to be a great change to Eren’s character. His tired eyes and lengthy hair was not only meant to be symbolic of his mental state, but also a new direction to his character.

I know quite a few people have already made these panel comparisons, but it’s important to keep in mind that in this panel above, the mysterious person is spying on Reiner (I will get into more detail about the importance of this later).

Now I know this one seems a bit of a stretch, because I’m going into the nitty gritty details but bear with me for a minute. We know that Isayama gives distinct facial features despite his inconsistencies (although that’s because he has improved on his art), and since we aren’t given much of the mystery man’s face to look at, I figured we can pay attention to his nose. So we know that Eren has grown out his hair since chapter 90, but we can also see here that the man’s nose shape looks very similar to Eren’s (scroll up to compare with the first panel of Eren). It’s not crooked, curved, or super round. It has just that shape that would fit within Eren’s facial profile. Had there been any other character with this hairstyle or someone who could possibly have grown this hairstyle as well, I wouldn’t have pointed this detail out because there are of course other characters with this similar nose shape. The mere fact that Isayama is only giving so little for us to look at makes me think he had to leave out some sort of hint, right? In fact, he could have completely cut out the mystery man’s face so that we only see his hair and then Falco’s face.

Aside from the nose, it’s hard to tell the eye shape but I can say that it appears to be a bigger eye (which Eren has) if you look at the distance from the eyebrow.

Furthermore, if you look closely at the man’s hair scalp area, it is in the same position as Eren’s is. The hair separates in the middle. The fact that this detail is added in this panel above further points out a clue as to who this person could be.

Also, side note but if this does end up being Eren then it seems that the guy has grown a bit of a stub (which honestly makes me so excited for some reason??? lol)

I also need to stress that if this were a “new” or “unknown” character, why would Isayama go through the effort of hiding the man’s face and showing as little as possible? Clearly this is someone we know and considering that he reappears in this chapter means this guy isn’t just some random dude we should feel sorry for, or??

Lastly, I just want to briefly point out that the armband being misplaced implies that this person clearly isn’t familiar with this environment, which is why most of us can at least agree that this is a spy.

2. Eren likes to “act” before he goes in for the kill:

I would like to remind you guys the times Eren has tried to “trick” his enemies by playing innocent before attacking them. Here are some examples:

I think these parallels are important to point out because they show an aspect of Eren’s character, that being that he likes to deceive his enemies (although in a bit of a childish way). For Eren to play as an injured soldier seems very fitting to his character. Of course, I get that he’s a spy and has to “fit in” with the crowd, but he could’ve skipped the effort of cutting his own leg off, right?? Well, I would say that Eren wants to portray himself as weak and vulnerable because that brings less suspicion. I doubt that the Marley soldiers are going to pick on a guy missing a leg, and through this Eren can easily win their sympathy as he did when he tried to rescue Mikasa from the kidnappers. 

3. The mystery man was spying on Reiner:

If you were to ask yourself who Eren would look for if he were to spy on the Marley, wouldn’t the best candidate be Reiner? I mean, if this spy really isn’t Eren, why pay particular attention to Reiner out of all people?? It could have been someone on a much higher position if we’re talking about getting secret information. The fact that this man was watching Reiner heavily implies that he knows who Reiner is, and is using him to find the others. Sure, he could also have gone for Zeke since he has seen the guy before, but I’m sure Eren holds a bigger grudge against Reiner for the moment (he also only saw Zeke for a brief moment so there’s that too). That being said, I have a feeling that this foreshadows a reunion between Reiner and Eren. I wouldn’t be surprised if Eren still wanted to get rid of Reiner first before making any other move. This would make more sense as to why he would choose to spy on Reiner more.

EDIT 4. Eren being the spy fits with the narrative:

@featherpoet made a pretty good point about this so I’m just going to simply quote what they said:

“Since we’ve passed over to the Marley PoV, we’ve seen sooooo many parallels between the characters that grew up there and the ones we knew from Paradis. Gabi -> Eren, Reiner -> Armin, etc. So, it makes narrative sense that the infiltrator would also fit into some sort of mirrored position, since that’s the kind of story that Isayama is telling.

Eren Jaeger is named after Eren Kruger. You know. The spy who informed on the Marley and had a premonition about Mikasa and Armin. It makes soooo much sense that the second Eren would also sneak into the Marley camp. Like, the narrative framing is just too good to pass up. No other character could fit that well.”

EDIT 5. There are parallels seen between Reiner and Eren in the chapter:

@lady-bluebird-luv makes a case pointing out the similarities the two characters have, and I think this only strengthens my prediction that we’re going to see Eren take the role that Reiner had when he was infiltrating Paradis Island. To quote: 

“Both of them have come face-to-face with what they consider to be monsters. We also learn in this chapter that Reiner’s father is Marleyian, and his mother is Eldian. Eren’s parents are both Eldians, but his mother is a Walldian while his father is from outside of the walls. In fact, both Eren and Reiner have fathers from the other side of the walls. for Reiner, it’s the wall between the true Marleyians and the Eldians. For Eren, it’s the wall between Paradise and the rest of the world. In a sense, they’re both hybrids.”

With the previous chapter where we had the mystery guy watching Reiner, I think this parallel we’re seeing only further strengthens my theory that that person is definitely Eren. It’s almost symbolic when you think about it because if this person is Eren, then there might be an implication that Eren might want to take away everything Reiner cherishes (hence making that panel feel more eerie because the danger is literally behind his back). Think about it, we see Reiner in that moment trying to guide the kids away from a place that he considers to be too dangerous, and coincidentally but not coincidentally we see that mystery guy in that direction. Now do I think Eren would do something that cruel? Well, considering the parallels we’re seeing now, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Eren doing it for sake of making Reiner feel the same pain as he did when he lost his mother. 

Now I’ve noticed there are certain claims that have made people skeptical about this person being Eren, and there are a few I would like to argue against:

1. It’s too obvious!!

Okay, first of all, this isn’t the first time Isayama has been “obvious” in regards to the mysteries of AoT. Remember the Female Titan? It was pretty obvious that while all the characters were trying to figure out the identity, most of us knew it was Annie with all the screaming hints we were given. It’s true that sometimes Isayama likes to give as few hints as possible so that the reader doesn’t figure out too much but I think in this case Isayama wants to warn the reader that this person is someone we should watch closely rather than wonder who the hell this person could possibly be.

2. Why would the Survey Corps take such a risk with Eren??

My guess is that either this is actually part of the Survey Corps plan OR Eren decided to run off on his own due to disagreements. Besides, the Survey Corps HAS made risky decisions before. They always have, and it’s not sure whether Eren is the only spy right now. However, I’m gonna go with the latter because it really does make sense that Eren would go on an independent mission. Let’s refer to chapter 45, shall we?

Remember these pages? It’s pretty telling that this is a foreshadowing of what’s to come for Eren. So to say that Eren would be rash enough to charge against an entire country on his own isn’t too crazy to believe. This is exactly what the reader should expect Eren to do. It was him after all who brought up the idea of killing the enemies on the other side. When Eren has a new goal, he’ll charge after it even if everyone else disagrees with him. 

3. Eren wouldn’t be stupid enough to wear the armband on the wrong side!

Ummmm… yes he would actually?? A hot-headed, emotional, acts-first-thinks-later-type-of-guy would do just that??? Sounds like the Eren I know, at least. This isn’t Armin we’re talking about here, you know?? I highly doubt Eren would pay attention to such a small detail. This is the guy who denied all the evidence that Annie was the Female Titan, despite how obvious it was (although be it that his emotions clouded his judgement). He’s never been the guy to come up with a brilliant plan, and I think we can all agree on that. Consider the fact that this guy likes to “look at the bigger picture”, I don’t think you should be surprised that he made such a simple mistake. 

4. The mystery man has limbs cut off! Shouldn’t they have regenerated??

I know others have already explained this one, but I’d like to point out anyway that Reiner managed to control his bitten arm from healing. In this case, it’s very possible that Eren is doing the same and must’ve trained himself to hold back from healing. No need for further explanation.

5. It could be Jean since he has disguised himself as Eren before!

Okay, this one really doesn’t make any sense, considering that if this is true then the Survery Corps are allowing a man with a missing leg to for some reason disguise as Eren with longer hair which NO ONE from the Marley side (Reiner and Zeke) remember him having??? I mean, I highly doubt Jean became a Titan shifter unless he ate Annie which just makes my brain hurt because this theory just doesn’t add up whatsoever lol. Sorry, but I just don’t see a severely injured Jean to follow a plan like this. 

6. Reiner and Zeke would recognise Eren if they saw him!

Actually, no I don’t think they would. Not at first glance, at least. With longer hair, a stub, and a missing leg, one could easily overlook Eren as just another injured soldier. Keep in mind that having longer hair makes it easier to hide his face from others. Eren’s change in his appearance makes all the more sense for him to go undercover. 

7. How are the Survey Corps going to defend themselves if Eren is gone?

I think after the multiple ships sent to Paradis Island that ended up disappearing, I don’t think the Marley are stupid enough to continue sending more. After all, Zeke did mention that they needed a “proper” plan to retrieve the Titan powers. Also, they still have Armin, and maybe even Annie I mean ffs she better not still be in that crystal after all this time lol. I’m sure they are not completely helpless without Eren’s power. 

8. How would Eren not be spotted when coming over to the Marley side?

Well, considering that we know this mysterious guy is all injured, it’s very possible that Eren used this injury to disguise himself as a soldier who was part of the 4 year war. Did he use a small boat to come over? Or did he hijack one of the ships that tried to invade Paradis Island? If he did the latter, then it would have been reported being seen arrive back. My guess is he used one of the Marley soldiers to help him navigate through Marley territory without being spotted. It’s very possible that he still used one of the ships that invaded Paradis Island but found a way to sink it before being seen (he is a Titan shifter so I’ll leave the rest to your imagination). Hell, maybe he even managed to find himself in the middle of a battle before the war ended and that’s how he came up with the idea of injuring himself so it could look like he was on the battlefield. 

So those are my opinions on the Mystery Man as of now. I’m sure I’ve probably forgotten to add some other important points so I’ll be sure to do so if I feel the need to. Feel free to agree or disagree. I’d love to hear what other thoughts people have but for now I am definitely leaning towards this guy being Eren. All the clues seem to point to him.

Masterlist

This is up to date as of Tuesday December 20th

Be sure to check under every category for writes. For example not all writes involving Fred Weasley are under the Fred Weasley category, some are under Harry Potter preferences, some are under ‘…would include’ section (which involves my posts that say ‘dating fred weasley would involve…’), and you get the point so please check all of them. I tried to hit every category and write below the name if there is a spot to find more writes for that person so check that as well. The post towards the top of the name are the oldest ones while the ones closer to the end are most recent. Please let me know if the links do not work. Sorry this took so long, enjoy!

Fred Weasley:

Proposal 

Just a Little Bit of Your Heart

Found You

Fluff 

Good Kind of Interruption 

Maybe, No, Yes

Happiness Can Still Be Found In Dark Times 

Break Up Part. 1

Break Up Part.2

Christmas Eve

Playful Kisses

Don’t Cover Up, Love

Don’t Let Them Get You Down

Muggle World With The Weasley’s

Bad Mood

Guilt 

A Little Mixed

Maybe a Little Jealous 

Fooling Around Part.1

Fooling Around Part.2

Late Night Cuddling 

Homework Session

Sick

Bad Day

Tutoring Ron

Be Mine

How to Save a Life

How to Save a Life Part.2

How to Save a Life Part.3

Pre-Proposal 

Um-Bitch

Breakfast at the Weasley’s 

Boggarts

Playful Pranks

What I Never Said

Rain Check?

You’re Beautiful 

Heart Aches

Fireworks 

Never Leave Your Side 

Come On Eileen 

Christmas Charades 

Autumn Love 

Should’ve Locked the Door

Christmas Tree and Family Fun

I Didn’t Mean It Part.1

I Didn’t Mean It Part.2

I Didn’t Mean It Part.3

Partner In Crime 

Thin Walls

Sweater Weather 

Fall Mornings and a Cup of Mint Tea

Relationship with Fred Weasley

(more post below under ‘…would include’, ‘Weasley twins’, ‘Fred/George short imagines’, ‘fake Instagram post’ and ‘Harry Potter preferences’.)

George Weasley:

George Weasley

Hufflepuff Yule Ball

Hogsmeade Date

Getting Caught 

Christmas Crushes

I’m Sorry

Enchanted Part.1

Never Cheat, Ever

Courage To Ask

Courage To Ask Part.2

Fooling Around Part.1

Fooling Around Part.2

Surgery 

Not Too Bad

Only Two Years

All Was Well

Harmless Fun

Freeze Tag

Australian Rants

Cold Feet

Late Night Cuddles and Kisses

First Smile In A Long While

Moon and Back

Sounds Perfect

Rain, Coffee, Confessions 

Trip Down Memory Lane 

Moving Out/In

Couldn’t Have Asked For Anything Better

Love Potions 

Run Ins

Yule Ball Kisses

Add That to the List

Words of Regret Part.1 

Words of Regret Part.2

Night to Remember 

Where’d We Go Wrong Part.1 

Where’d We Go Wrong Part.2

Where’d We Go Wrong Part.3

Not All Messes Are Bad

You Are in Love

Sneaking Around

Sappy Dates

Eiffel Tower 

Bloody Gorgeous That Girl

(more post below under ‘…would include’, ‘Weasley twins’, ‘Fred/George short imagines’, and ‘Harry Potter preferences’.)

Weasley Twins:

Double The Love

Jealousy 

Before It’s Too Late

Makeup Lessons, Boys, and Bonding

Nothing to Worry About

Over Protective 

Movie Marathon

Easter Egg Hunting

Watching Scary Movies 

Molly Trying to Set You Up

Ravenclaw Girl 

Muggle Magic

Harry’s Surprise Party

Fred/ George Short Imagines:

Waiting at King’s Cross

Fred Yule Ball

Getting Pranked

Crush 

Dating Fred and spending Christmas with his family 

George spoiling you

Sirius Black’s Daughter

Sneaking Around

New Language 

Quidditch 

Marrying George 

Pregnant With Fred’s Child 

Gender Reveal 

Draco’s Sister 

Jealous Fred

(Moodboard) Fred and Y/n get in a fight 

Carving Pumpkins with Fred

Pulling Pranks

Hermione Granger: 

Piano

Harry Potter:

Harry

Harry Potter Preferences: 

First Kiss

His Face When You Break Up With Him

His Favorite Hairstyle On You

What Kind of Girl They Would Date

What Disney Couple You Two Act Like (girls are included) 

How you spend Christmas together 

… Would Include:

Halloween with the Weasley’s

Christmas with Fred Weasley

Dating Fred Weasley

Dating Peter Pan

Dating George Weasley

Stony’s Daughter 

Clint Barton’s best friend 

Being a Ravenclaw and dating George 

Being a Slytherin and dating Fred 

Cuddling With Fred Weasley

Being Steve and Bucky’s daughter

Dating Peter Parker

Dating Tom Holland 

Dating Fred and George and spending Halloween with them

Thanksgiving with the Weasley’s

Being Sodapop’s Twin Sister

Dating Newt Scamander 

Relationship with Fred Weasley

Newt Scamander:

Helping Newt

(one post under ‘…would include’ section) 

Peter Parker:

Failed Tests and Movies

Pokémon Kisses

Typical Love Story Part.1

Typical Love Story Part.2

Typical Love Story Part.3

Spidey Kisses

Christmas Spirit

(a few posts under ‘Avengers Daughter’, ‘fake instagram’ and ‘…would include’)

Tom Holland:

(post under ‘…would include’)

Peter Pan:

Midnight Strolls 

For Your Protection

Mary and David’s daughter

(more under ‘…would include’)

The Outsiders:

(look at the bottom of ‘…would include’)

Harley Quinn and Joker’s Daughter:

Being Their Daughter 

Perfectly Normal

(Crossover) Kidnapped by the Avengers 

Halloween Treats

Steve Rogers:

Steve’s Daughter Dating Peter Parker 

Undercover

(more Steve Rogers posts under ‘Avengers preferences’, ‘Avengers daughter’ and ‘fake instagram posts’.)

Avengers Preferences:

How They Feel About You, The Youngest Member 

Avengers Daughter:

Don’t Like It (Tony’s daughter dating Peter Parker)

Steve’s Daughter Dating Peter Parker 

(Moodboard) Y/n is Peter Parker’s little sister and Tony and Steve’s daughter 

Tony Stark Father’s Day

Natasha and Clint’s Daughter 

Natasha babysitting Stucky’s daughter

Natasha and Bucky’s Daughter

Steve and Tony split leaving Y/n and brother, Peter, torn

Fake Instagram Posts

Fred Weasley’s Instagram 

Peter Parker’s Instagram 

If Stony’s daughter that’s dating Peter Parker had an Instagram 

Bucky Barnes Instagram 


- Daizy xx

Falling Up

Characters - Steve x Reader, Eventual Bucky x Reader

Word Count - 1815

Warnings - Heavy makeout sesh

AU - Prof!Bucky

Song - Falling Up by Mike Dupree ft. Maddi Jane

A/N - This story is a tiny bit of a slow burn in a sense. Don’t get me wrong though, there’s a lot of drama! There are a few twists and turns…one part will be written in first person but it’ll pay off if you stick with it, promise. Trust me. This is a rewrite of a story I posted on my old SPN blog a while back so those of you that know me from there will recognize it.

Falling Up Masterlist

You glanced at the clock on your desk, the sleek silver hands telling you that it was ten-thirty at night. You’d been sitting at your desk for so long that you didn’t even realize it’d gotten dark in the first place. Clenching your jaw, you took a deep breath and continued to tap away at your keyboard. The image of the other buildings and the night sky, all now obvious in the reflection of your computer screen. Letting it all be a new constant reminder that you were there much longer than you needed to be, but this was nothing out of the ordinary.

You silently cursed yourself for ever pursuing a career as a lawyer, even more so for joining one of the largest and hardest working firms in the country; Stark & Rogers, LLC. If that wasn’t enough stress weighing down on you, there was always the added pressure of the potential promotion that you were fighting against four other attorneys for. To make matters even worse, you had one of the owners constantly in the building because he liked to be more “hands on" with his work.

Keep reading

One Blink or Two

Title: One Blink or Two

Pairing: Dean x Reader

Word Count: 4,710

Warning: The feelings are going to hit you like a freight train

A/N: I woke up from a nap and in 4.5 hours I cranked it out and just had to publish it. Sorry for any errors. Enjoy!!

Summary: You are an emergency room nurse receiving a patient from a local care facility. All you’ve been told is that he is a 29 year old male in an unresponsive coma for the last 3 years, and about 20 minutes ago his heart started to race uncontrollably. As the rest of your staff work on getting him transferred to the hospital gurney, start an IV, and getting him hooked up to the heart monitor, you speak with one of the paramedics that brought him in.


Day 1

“Alright, tell me what you know.”

“29 year old male named Dean Winchester. Was in a car accident with his father and brother three years ago. Car versus semi, and he’s the only one to make it. He’s been in a non-responsive coma this entire time. He has a feeding tube, but can breath normally on his own. A nurse said she went in to give him a bed bath and his heart just ‘went nuts’.”

You could tell by the tone of his voice he was leaving something out. “And? What else?”

“Unofficially, that nurse is a bitch. She is one of the meanest people I’ve ever met and we hate having to deal with her when we go there. Knowing her she probably shook him around and roughed him up.”

“Lovely.” You gave him a tight smile and moved back to your patient.

“Dean, my name is Y/N. I’m going to be taking care of you okay.”

Keep reading

The key to love, my father told me, was to never love someone more than they love you. So when, after dating for five months, Christopher Moore was the first to say “I Love You”, I thought I had hit the “Love Jackpot”. I say this because, prior to him saying it at that very moment, I had never given thought to the possibility that I could love him in return. Standing in front of my apartment building, nervous and excited, facing him and his smile, I questioned whether love was the word to describe what I was feeling. High school love, after all, is quite trivial with it’s ins and outs. Nevertheless after weighing the theoretical pros and cons of love, I decided that I was in love, at least in some respects. He was handsome, smart, sweet, and I enjoyed his company. This is what I believed love boiled down to; four factors. Honesty, clearly, was something I overlooked. About a year and 7 months into our blissful love affair, after graduation had passed and we had spent the summer taking all the cliché couple pictures, Chris decided that he “just couldn’t go on lying to me anymore. “Jenine” he told me “this guilt is eating me alive!”. I imagine there wasn’t much of him left, as it had been “eating away at him” for 6 months. This is when I learned that there is no “key” to love; no guide, no tips, no 101 course, because love is lived and learned; never taught. Try as you may, to forgo the pain of love, you’ll find joy in knowing that it’s survive-able and moreover, sometimes the good outweighs the bad. No, Chris wasn’t the love of my life, but he gave life to my ability to love.

“Never” my father said “let love override your faculty of reason.” Easier said, than done. My next love was Jeremy Bishop. Before you ask, of course there were others between Chris and Jeremy. But this is a story about love; not “almost loves”,“semi loves”, and “could’ve beens”. Jeremy’s love was the worst kind of love. The kind that doesn’t have a reason to exist but somehow it does and you’re glad. Its sole purpose is to debilitate your mind, forcing you to follow only your emotions. While Jeremy was dreamy, I learned that the man of your dreams can sometimes be the root of your nightmares.

I met Jeremy my junior year at _________ University. It was a Sunday and I had been studying in the library for an anthropology midterm and decided that I would take a break. Putting my highlighter down & flexing my hand I stood up & headed towards the bathroom. As I walked through the stacks, passing my hand across the rows of books I’d never read, my friend Denise spotted me and waved me over. Walking swiftly I made my way to the table she was stationed it & gathered that she had been studying all day as all. Splayed papers, open textbooks, two highlighters, & her laptop with several window open screamed “cram session” to me. After having sat & talked for some time about school & it’s “scammagry”, I noticed that someone had taken a seat at the end of the table. You know those typical movies where two people look up at the same time & smile coyly at one another? Well that’s what happened with us…….minus the smiling. When Jeremy & I caught eyes it was more of an inquisitive stare down. I relented because who really stares at a stranger for lengths at a time? Apparently Jeremy does because every time I looked up he was looking at me or perhaps through me. Whatever the case was I asked Denise if she could “Excuse me for one second?” as I got up from my seat and sauntered over to Jeremy, running my fingernails along the wooden table that both separated and joined us.

He was brown skinned but it was a rich brown that I often found myself lost in. He had brown hair that was cut low to avoid maintenance & also to spite his mother who so much loved it longer. His eyes were almost black they were so dark, yet you never asked someone to hit the lights when staring into them. He had a slight dimple on the right side of face that only presented itself in the presence of his mother, its creator.

“I know you or something?” I said, to which he looked up & responded “No you don’t. But since you’re already here, I’m Jeremy. Nice to meet you….” he said moving his hand in that circular waiting motion “this is usually the part where you tell me your name”. He was sarcastic & forthcoming and I liked it. “This is usually the part when I’d say Jenine. My name is Jenine. Though I’m not sure it’s nice to meet you.” “Well Jenine, do you have HIST 256 on Mondays & Thursdays? I think that’s where I’ve seen you before.” “Well Jeremy, had I known you were a stalker I would’ve stayed at the other end of the table” “A stalker Jenine? Really? I think you’re mistaking my keen eye for details.” “I stand corrected then. I just had no idea I was noticeable to your "keen eye”, I said, making air quotes. He leaned in & said, “Maybe Jenine, just maybe there’s a lot of things you don’t know. I’d be happy to fill you in though. If you were ever free.” “Correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems to me, Jeremy, that you’re asking me out.” “It seems that way, because it is that way. But enough with this, would you be interested in going out?” “I’ll contemplate it.”

A week later Jeremy picked me up in his beat up silver 2010 Toyota Corolla. Got out & offered to close the door for me not because he was a gentleman but because I literally couldn’t close it myself. He told me he wanted to show me his favorite place in all of Brooklyn. We drove for about 15 mins and parked in DUMBO; my favorite place. As we walked to the pier he barraged me with every menial question from favorite color to top five movies. I stopped his questioning because I realized I knew nothing about him. “What about you?” I said. “Tell me something I don’t know about you.” “I’m a Taurus. Now back to you.” “Your sign. You gave me the third degree and in return you tell me your astrological sign??” “I’m really not that interesting. I kind of just go with the flow nothing special really.” “I could say the same about myself but you don’t see me spewing monotonous facts about myself” “That’s just it though. You’re very interesting. I see you twice a week & you never look the same to me. Always a different hairstyle, new lipstick, different outfit. You keep me guessing & well…I like that.” “Different outfit…Did you expect me to have the same clothes on like a cartoon character?”

Jeremy took my clothes off the way he took down my walls; slowly & intently. I never felt exposed or vulnerable. It was easy with him & who doesn’t like easy? The first time we had sex he kissed every scar and stretch mark on my body while he whispered beautiful and for the first time I believed it. This is when I knew I loved him; this is when I knew he loved me. We fell into a routine & inevitably, that’s how we fell apart. We saw each other four-five times a week in between work, school & our respective friends. I’d meet him after work or he’d meet me after class, we’d get some food or I’d cook, we’d talk, then go back to his dorm room or my house & somewhere in between there we’d fuck once or twice & that would be that. Talk, Eat, Fuck, Repeat. This, I should inform you, was the foundation for our dismantling. Jeremy grew tired of our monotony, I suppose, & because of that he started talking to a female customer who had “just so happened” to frequent his job. In talking they “just so happened” to find they had “so much in common” & somehow Jeremy’s dick “just so happened” to be in her mouth when I walked into his dorm room to get the spare phone charger I left there just in case. “Oh Mahh Gahhhh” is what Celeste said with his dick slighty tucked to the left side of her mouth because it wouldn’t have been polite to pull it out all together; though I’m sure there was no God she could ever call her own. Startled yet surprisingly indifferent I found my charger in the first drawer of his night stand now decoratively arrayed with ripped condom wrappers and I closed the door behind me.

Walking out of the apartment I didn’t feel anything but when I reached the stairs it hit me and when Jeremy came running out of his room, pulling his boxers up I looked up at him from the top stair I was sitting on & hit him right in the groin. “Shit! Ahh! Damn, J! Come on!” he winced . “Come on?? Excuse me?!? You’re such a fucking dickhead. Like what the fuck?” “I know. I know. I’m sorry babe. You gotta believe me! I swear it’ll never happen again.” & that’s what I wanted to believe after all; that this was just a bump along our road; that we could get through this because we could get through anything. So when Jeremy crouched down in front of me, put his hand under my chin, looked me right in the eye and told me he was “so sorry”, that he “really loved me”, that he was “mad stupid for doing that” I believed him & gave us another chance because I wasn’t ready to admit failure.

Celeste Soto was the average full figured broad who just “couldn’t help” falling for other women’s boyfriends, husbands, fiancés, you name it. Walking back into his room, I found her putting her left shoe on with one hand on his desk for balance. “You gotta believe mama” she said “I didn’t know he even had a girl. You feel me? I wouldn’t have done anything with him. Thas crazy disrespectful. My bad.” as she adjusted her bra strap and pulled her hair into a messy bun. Turning slighty towards Jeremy, I looked at him as if to say “really?!? THIS was the best you could do??” and he lowered his head, and stared at this one spot on the carpet that he could never get out. Not only had Jeremy cheated but he chose the lowest of women to do it with. “First of all, I’m not one of your friends so I don’t know why you’re calling me "mama” & no I don’t “feel” you nor do I intend to. Get your shit and get out!“ When she was gone I searched the apartment for remnants of her presence, prior to that days visit. An earring, a hair tie, maybe a lip balm. I found nothing or maybe I wasn’t really looking.

For eight months straight Jeremy was on his BEST behavior. He’d let me know where he was at all times as to ensure that he wasn’t out cheating; send pictures as proof on some occasions. I have to admit, though I was secure in his whereabouts, I was also sure that this was not how healthy relationships works. Nevertheless I looked forward to each notification because afterall "once a cheater……"you know the rest. One night I went over to his place to cook dinner, partially to ensure he wouldn’t be feeding Celeste or any other girl his penis but also because this is what I missed most about us. I had become so preoccupied with deciding whether or not I could trust him that I wasn’t concerned with trying to make us seem normal. After dinner we were in his bed tearing at each other’s clothes & after switching positions five times he looked down at me & said "I can’t do this”. Looking back at him I said “it’s cool I wasn’t feeling it either honestly”. “Not this” he said falling to my side, facing the ceiling “I mean like this….us”. Somehow though I knew that was what he had meant. This ball of something akin to both fear & anger welled up in my throat & grew until finally all I could say was “oh”. One tear fell from my eye & couldn’t allow myself to shed another. “This whole time” he said getting up from the bed “I wasn’t with you because I wanted to be. I was with you because I didn’t want to let you down.” He was pacing back & front at the foot of the bed, lifting his hands to his head then retracting them, looking over at me occasionally for assurance of my understanding. So he continued "I couldn’t let your last image of me be somebody who betrayed you. I had to prove you wrong & that’s selfish. I’m sorry. I don’t want to be in a relationship I’m not fully committed to. It isn’t fair to either of us J & you can hate me but I’d rather you hate me for being honest.” “Is this a joke? Please tell me you’re kidding right now” I said, half laughing half crying. “Let me get this straight” I said, sitting upright in his bed, pulling my shirt over my head “You cheated…..You lied…..YOU fucked up….You begged for another chance!…and my stupid ass gave you one. I’m just so lost right now.” This is when I realized I never should have sat on those steps & cried. I should’ve ran out of that building like it was on fire because guys like him will always burn you.

Some nights I could still hear his footsteps pacing the floor & I’d wonder when in the hell it would be over. When I’d stop crying; when I’d realize I was better off without him. But there’s this moment & I know it sounds cliche but you just wake up & you feel different you feel like you can begin again. One morning I woke up and knew Jeremy would never have a hold on me the way he did before, but more importantly I didn’t want him to.

The thing about baggage is that you never realize how much of it you carry around. In fact you assume that more often than not you don’t carry any at all because you’re “over it” or you’ve “moved on”. You’ll find yourself compromising because you just want someone to call at night; that wants only you. “Trust me.” my mother said “There will be others and don’t think that you have to look for them or that you have to settle.” My mother had a way with words. I’m not sure if that’s necessarily a good thing but the fact remains that when she said those words to me I wished she had kept her opinion to herself. I would never settle…..or at least I didn’t think I would.

I knew I didn’t love Benjamin the first time he came inside me & I wished I had never come to his apartment, let alone into his room splayed with dirty laundry that he was “gonna get to”. More importantly I knew I couldn’t love Benjamin, not the way I wanted to at least, when he told me I’m just like my mother. This sounds stupid I know, but let me explain.

After a week of working overtime, my best friend Selene dragged me out of my apartment for a night of bar hopping. Upon walking into our third stop, Benjamin grabbed my hand & told me I was pretty. That was it. There was no drawn out conversation, no playing hard to get, it was very low stakes. I gave him my number & before I got to the next bar he had called & asked when he could see me again. “Tomorrow” I said.

The next evening Benjamin showed up at my apartment with no plan other than to show up. We decided to see a movie.

The movie we saw doesn’t matter. Neither does the fact that we went to the movies. What matters is that after we left the movies, Benjamin grabbed both my hands & kissed me. When he stopped & I looked up at him he said “You taste like stale popcorn”. I thought “what the fuck?” & then he reminded me that we shared a popcorn. Our entirely relationship was like this; constant reminders of things I should have been aware of.

Ben was different from Jeremy because he never lied to me. That doesn’t necessarily mean that’s a good thing though. His honesty was one that I had to grow accustomed to. We had been dating for about two months, when I called him asking if he wanted to get dinner later & he simply replied “no”. No explanation, no rain check, no apology; he just hung up. Later he’d text me & say that we should get breakfast instead the next day because he liked being the first person I talked to in the morning. He never hid anything from me. Girls would text him, telling him how much they “missed him” how much “fun” they used to have & he’d show me his phone while laughing & ask what I thought he should say in his reply. It was almost inconceivable, how much he included me in his decisions when it came to other women. Co-workers would invite him out to dinner & drinks after work, over to their apartments, concerts & he would ask me, not if he could go (because he was going to do what he wanted regardless) or if I wanted to come with, but how I’d feel if he went it with them. We’d be waiting for our heart rates to drop back to normal after sex; our skin still dewy and tingling and he’d say “the last time was better” or “you faked it, but that’s cool” as he got up and ambled to the bathroom & I’d wonder if he had to be so honest with me all the time.

I woke up one day to him sitting at my kitchen table in just some sweatpants, signing a card. Next to him there was a huge bouquet of sunflowers. I walked over to him, fixing my bed hair into a bed bun & when I sat down he was startled. “I didn’t think you’d be up this early” he said & I looked over at the clock on microwave. “It’s after 11……does that even count as early?” I said. He looked up at me, then at the clock, then back at me & shrugged “I guess not”. I asked “Who’s the card for?” & as he sealed it, he handed to me & said “Happy Anniversary Sweetness” with no inflection. My face dropped to the floor, along with the card. “An anniversary?” I thought “have we really been dating a year? Maybe it’s like a six month anniversary? But that’s not even an anniversary!” After a few mental “Fuck!!”’s, I pulled myself together, awkwardly smiled as I picked up the card & opened it. It had been a year since I moved into my own place. In the card he wrote about how happy he was for me; that he knew how big of a deal it was for me to live on my own & he wanted me to know that it was just as important to him. I cried out of relief. He thought I was overwhelmed by his thoughtfulness, primarily because as I closed the card, hugged him, wiped my tears and sniffled into his neck, I whispered “Thank you. This means a lot.”. One year of independence; something I should have been aware of.

The first time he told me he loved me, I opened my mouth to respond & he placed his index finger on my parted lips. “Stop” he said. “Not everything I say deserves or should be met with a response Jenine. I love you. That’s it.” I of course flew into defense. “So I can’t say it back? I can’t love you in return? What kind of bullshit is that Ben? You can’t just say something like that & expect me not to say anything back.” “I never said you can’t say anything back. But think about it baby, I said I love you & your first instinct was to respond. You didn’t even really take the moment in. That’s what I’m saying. I don’t want you to love me back because I love you. I want you to love me because you actually love me.” I felt little, like a child, like I had been put in my place, handled, dealt with, but I wouldn’t let him know. “You’re such an asshole sometimes” I said “but that Benjamin, for your information, is why I love you. Because you’re only an asshole sometimes”.

There are two important things I remember from when I broke up with Ben:

1. It was raining.
2. He told me I should’ve ended us a long time ago.

I came back to the apartment from the gym. As I shook my umbrella walking through the door, Ben sauntered by in his usual attire, house sweats and no shirt, saying “You must love mopping.” in a condescending tone. I happily returned the tone saying “Definitely. I just love it! Can’t get enough.” as I rolled my eyes and the umbrella up, fastening it shut. I walked over to the kitchen & checked the fridge. All that was left was this chicken Parmesan “thing” I had attempted to make three days earlier & it looked like a big pile of mush at that point. I chucked it & decided that take out sounded good. I had a taste for some pad thai so the choice was easy. Picking up my phone & dialing the number I thought it might be a good idea to ask Ben what he wanted but I figured he’d eat whatever I ordered him. So I made the call, ordered Chicken Pad Thai and another peanut sauce dish with shrimp, and hung up. As soon as my phone had ended the call, Benjamin started an argument. “Why would you order food without asking me what I wanted?” he asked me walking out of the bedroom and I replied “I ordered food for us both. No need to say thank you”. He walked towards the window to look out but really it was all dramatics because our window looks directly at the alley behind our building that holds nothing but two dumpsters and a few forgotten cats. “Why would I say thank you to you for doing something I never asked you to do?” he said with his back turned to me “Sometimes” he scoffed, almost laughing, as he looked at the rain collect in the window sill. “Sometimes I don’t get you. Like after all this time you still do shit that irritates me and I wonder why the fuck I still want to lay next to you at night or wake up with you in the morning.” I was sitting on the sofa, absentmindedly playing with the tag on this pillow I bought two years before when he & I had just started dating. He told me the pattern on it reminded him of us; that the lines never intersected. They just changed direction. “Nobody is holding you here Ben. You can leave anytime you’d like.” I said as I picked up the remote & turned on the television.

Thirty-five minutes later I was annoyed that the food hadn’t arrived but also because Ben never left the window. He just stayed there staring at the rain while it sheeted down the window screen and when thunder roared he’d just sigh. “What could be taking this food so long? The place isn’t even that far.” I complained. “It’s the rain Jenine. Everything slows when it rains. People, cars, buses, trains, bikes, they all slow.” He paused “You also might want to factor in the idea that a bunch of people order take out on a night like this.” I answered back “I knew that!……why are you always telling me things as if I don’t know them? As if I’m not aware? It’s just annoying. You’re annoying.” Ben walked away from the window & towards the kitchen counter. He planted his two hands palm down on the counter, hoisted himself up to sit on it, looked at me & said “Maybe it’s not me that annoys you Jenine. Maybe you can’t admit that I’m ever fucking right! I can’t ever make a point without you saying “I knew that!”. If you knew it Jenine…..then why would you say half the shit you say or do half the shit you do.“ I paused the lifetime movie I had been somehow become invested in and pressed a metaphorical "play” on the scene that was unfolding in our living room. “I don’t know Ben. Maybe you’re right” I replied as I sat up, crossed my legs and interlaced my fingers over my knee. “Maybe I can’t handle the fact that you make valid points. Or perhaps it’s the fact that you can’t ever let me be wrong without making me look like a complete ass. You’re always so philosophical. "Oh thee "all knowing Ben!” Ohh he who knows more than anyone!“ I mocked. "It’s insulting. For someone who is just so wise you damn sure don’t know how to do your own fucking laundry, or wash a dish, or aim your penis directly into the bowl when you pee. Stop with the bullshit. We both have our faults.” My phone rang. The food was downstairs.

I threw on my worn out flip flops and shuffled down the 3 flights of stairs. Walking back into the apartment with food in hand, I saw that Ben had returned to the window. He walked over to the kitchen counter where I was standing, taking the food out of the brown paper bag & said “You said your ordered me food.” “I just ordered two things off the menu. I figured we’d just share.” I reasoned. “Right I get that but I don’t like peanuts. You know that. Don’t you? I’ve told you this. I’m sure I have as we’ve been together give or take I don’t know 2 & half years!” “Dammit! I whispered to myself. "I’m sorry. I wasn’t thinking & I was hungry & I’m…..sorry. I’m just sorry.” “It’s fine” he said. “I should’ve just picked something up on the way home. It isn’t the first time you’ve done something like this. You’re like your mother in that way.” “Like my mother? All of this over some take out? Listen, good luck with dinner.” I said as I grabbed a plastic fork at the bottom of the bag & headed back to the sofa. “Yeah, like your mother.” he continued, following me. “You’re always complaining that she never listens to you; that you have to remind her of things you’ve already told her. Yet, here you are never listening to me. It’s not even about the apology. It’s that I just don’t think you’re really sorry at all.” he retorted. “Fair enough.” I said, putting my food down on the coffee table. “You wanna know what I’m really sorry about Ben? Huh? Fine. I’m sorry I moved in with you. I’m sorry I’ve been in this relationship for this long because we’ll never be good enough for one another. You know that right? We’re always going to be like this Ben.” I said, pointing at the pace between with both hands. “It’s never going to be enough that we love each other. There’s gotta be more to love than whatever the fuck we’re doing. I just don’t think this is healthy. I don’t think we’re growing here. Do you?”. “Now that J…that’s the most honest thing you’ve said to me. You’re always saying what you think I want to hear and that’s my problem with you. You never say what the hell you want because you think too much about it. We are growing, it’s just apart from one another.” He sighed, finally saying “Look, I’m tired.” as he walked exhaustedly back towards the bedroom, on an empty stomach & closed the door behind him. I couldn’t figure out if he meant he was tired of us, of the arguing, of never really getting back to how we were or if he was honestly tired.

I slept on the sofa & I use the term “slept” very lightly. What I really did was stare at the ceiling, trying to figure out if this was really it for Ben & I. If that was our last real conversation; if that even counted as a conversation. I planned out what I’d say in the morning after we’d both had time to think & reflect. I’d tell him I was sorry about going off & that it’s not that I don’t want to try to make it work but that I don’t even think trying is worth an actual try. I thought about it & felt like the whole relationship was a perpetual “try”. We’d just kept getting up, dusting each other off, & holding hands until we’d fall again thinking it didn’t matter because we’d fallen together. How many times do you have to fall before you realize that perhaps it isn’t the ground that’s tripping you up? That it might just be you. Do you have to scrape your knees a few times or fall flat on your face? How do you know when you’ve had enough?

I laid there falling in & out of sleep. I had this weird dream that I was baking a cake. I kept checking on it. Ben was there but he didn’t really say much. Finally I took it out of the oven & it was burnt around the edges. He shuffled over to the stovetop & looked at the cake with a somber face. “I told you it was done 10 minutes ago. You should’ve taken it out.” he said & I just stared at him blankly because he was right. I turned the pan over and the cake popped out. I let it cool, frosted it and cut a piece. Jeremy hunched over the counter top and watched me put the cake on a plate with confusion. “You’re just going to eat a burnt cake?” he questioned me. I had just taken my first bite and was going in for a second when I looked up at him and said “It still tastes good so what’s the difference?”. “The difference, Jenine, is that you know the whole cake doesn’t taste good. Only certain parts do. Why don’t you just throw it out and make another one?” he said walking over to the cake, lifting the plate up at different points and angles to get a good look at it. It was as though he was wondering how the frosting did anything but make the cake look even sadder. I licked the last bit of frosting off my fork and said “Because, burnt or not burnt, I still love cake.”

I woke up to a sliver of sunlight shining through the living room across the floor & stopping right at the front door. I sat up & checked the time. It was 7:06. I decided I’d go to the bedroom and get some real rest. I stood up & stumbled towards the bedroom. As soon as I reached the door, Ben was coming out of the room. He was dressed & had 2 bags with him not including the backpack he’d never leave the house without. All of the things I had planned on saying were forgotten. I could barely see straight, let alone gather the words I wanted to say. He looked at me then said “Sorry. Can I just get by?”. “Sure!” I blurted out as I moved to the left, almost jumping. He walked towards the front door & I asked “Umm can at least ask where you’re going?”. He stopped moving and turned, telling me “I thought about what you said J. About us not being enough for one another. I guess I just always thought it would work itself out. But I see what you mean. I don’t know the exact moment when you came to that conclusion, or maybe you decided it, but you should’ve ended us then instead of now. So I’m leaving. I guess I’ll pick up the rest of my stuff over the next couple of weeks.”. That’s it. He was gone. Whatever he had left, the “stuff” he mentioned, was never picked up. They were minuscule items really; a toothbrush, some body wash, a value pack of razors. Things that made you think of him, even though they were all replaceable. It didn’t take long for me to realize that much like the burnt cake, I still loved Ben.

To be continued or whatever…….

DESCENDANTS 2 TRAILER

OKAY, SO, I JUST WATCHED THE DESCENDANTS 2 TRAILER NOW, AND I CAN’T SAY ANYTHING. I’M SPEECHLESS. (maybe not so much)

+ MAL’S BLONDE HAIR IS JUST SO PRETTY *u*

+ MAL CRYING JUST KILLED ME. THIS SCENE BROKE MY HEART SO BAD, THAT OMG

+ WHEN SHE SAID “I DON’T BELONG HERE”, I JUST WANTED TO HUG HER

+ IT WAS CLEAR THAT THEY WERE PUTTING TO MUCH PRESSURE ON HER, SHE WASN’T BEING WHO SHE WAS, AND SHE WAS DEVASTED

+ BEN DIDN’T HELP HER, AND THAT HURTED MY FEELINGS

+ SHE WAS MISSING BEING A VILLAN, WHEN SHE HADN’T TO BE PERFECT TO ANYONE AND SHE TOLD THAT TO CARLOS

+ EVIE’S FACE WHEN SHE TOLD BEN THAT MAL CAME BACK TO THE ISLE. I THINK SHE WAS REALLY WORRIED

+ THE WAY MAL SAYS “I’M BACK” AND UMA’S FACE AFTER THIS

+ UMA TALKING TO THE OTHER PIRATES (I’m still totally in love with her)

+ BEN REALIZES THAT IT WAS HIS FAULT. THANK GOD, BENNYBOO

+ HARRY HOOK

+ BEN WAS KIDNAPPED (come on guys, Ben can’t play villan, of course something like this would happen)

+ EVERYONE WANTS THAT FUCKING WAND, OMG (but this time, it was really simple to catch it, don’t you think? - or not, it’s just a trailer-)

+ MAL TELLING UMA THAT SHE’S A DRAMA QUEEN

+ UMA HAS A THRONE. A THRONE.

+ (Do you guys think that Gil has a crush on Uma, because I think he has)

+ THEY ALL LOOK SO GORGEOUS OMG

+ DUDE WEARING A LITTLE CARLOS CLOTHE, HOW CUTE IS THAT?

+ THE “ROTTEN TO THE CORE” THING

+ THE BONUS WITH EVIE AND MAL TALKING ABOUT MAL’S NEW HAIRSTYLE, AND JAYLOS ARE LIKE “SERIUOSLY?!”

+ THE WHOLE TRAILER. I’M SO EXCITED!

Sorry for freaking out. I can’t wait for this movie. 

But really, sorry. 

Love you guys <3

Well... Here’s the thing...

Originally posted by sexy-stan

Written by Christina

Category: Fluff

Word Count: 1972

Request: Hi dear! I was hoping I could request a Peter Parker imagine where the Reader is super shy and is Tony’s niece and they are up late studying together at Peter and May’s apartment (the Reader and Peter are together) and she misses her curfew and May insists that she stays over since it’s late and Tony gets mad and protective when he finds out the next morning? It would just be really cute and Peter would worry about the Reader and make sure she is okay and feels safe with him? Made by @thecoffeestudyblr

A/N: Here you go! Sorry, Danielle and I haven’t posted in a while. We weren’t writing anything good, so we made the mutual decision to post when we can write something good, so we won’t post as often as we started. Please please PLEASE let us know if you have any criticism. We would love feedback, positive or negative. 


“Peter, I’m telling you, the answer is 2x,” you said, resisting the urge to throw your calculus book at the boy sprawled on the floor across from you. Peter sighed and shook his head, his eyes closed.

“(Y/N), I’m telling you, the answer is 3,” Peter answered, his tone calm and even. There was a hint of sympathy in his eyes as he finally opened them, glancing at you. He seemed saddened by the fact that the two of you were disagreeing. You turned your gaze from Peter and his big doe brown eyes and stared at the pile of papers in front of your crossed legs.

“I did the thing minus the thingy over ‘h’,” You answered, staring at your paper, your insecurity over your math-solving skills creeping up. You buried your hands in your hair, refusing to look at Peter, knowing you were going to get that look; the look that made you weak at the knees and you completely melt inside. You felt Peter shift across the floor, careful not to touch your papers and crinkle them as he scooted over to sit next to you. You caught a whiff of his cologne; faint, but enough for you to notice. You savored the smell as Peter leaned over, planting his hand on the floor, behind your back, and tilted his head to look at your paper. You stiffened slightly at how close he was, but you knew he didn’t mean anything by it, so you tried to hide your thumping heart and trembly fingers as best you could.

Keep reading

3

…so @reallycorking and I actually talked about this a decent amount in the later stages of working on Heart of the Jungle because really, Hinata’s hair would grow out while he was preoccupied with things like living in trees and kissing Tobio. His hair does get longer if you look through the art, yup! 

Anyway, we lack self control, so have some jungle boy domesticity <3


The jungle was a magnificent place, filled with wonders the likes of which Hinata never could have imagined. The year he’d spent expecting to leave it had been tempered by reservations, by his reluctance to truly fall in love, both with the trees, and with Tobio. But now that he’d been freed of those worries, he found that the world had opened up around him, to finally let him see its true self.

Hinata fell, deeper and deeper. He ran as wild as his new home.

For all its natural beauty, however, there were still some things to which he was growing accustomed. One aspect of jungle life constantly made itself known, as he swung through the trees, the ground blurring past far, far below him. He reached out to grab the next vine, and his hair billowed straight into his eyes and mouth. He spluttered, blinded, shaking his head vigorously.

Hinata had never had long hair in his life, but it had grown so now, past his chin and a little over his shoulders. He could shear it off with a particularly sharp rock, but still hadn’t gotten around to it. If he was being completely honest with himself, he’d ended up holding off, after it had become apparent that Tobio certainly didn’t mind it long, judging by how often his hands strayed to touching it, fingers tangling and stroking and brushing.

Keep reading

Work Stress - Carl Gallagher

Request: Do you think you could do an imagine where the reader and Carl are getting suuuuper intimate (smut intended) and Carl is very dominant and possessive in bed. He likes using the phrases “baby girl” and “damn ma” (kinda like from his gangster phase).

Warnings: smutty, fluffy lil Carl, dominant Carl

Pairing: Carl Gallagher x Reader

Word Count: 1257


Note: This is my first smut imagine, so I’m sorry if it’s extremely cringy.

——————————–

I had been at work all day and I was exhausted to my core, I wanted nothing more than to go home and sleep but before I even got the chance to step out onto the curb of the street I got a message from Carl asking me to come over to his “crib”. He had been going through this gangster phase for a while now, although he acted tough he was still the same old Carl to me only with a different hairstyle. I had told him a countless amount of times to take his cornrows out but he never listened to me, he always just shrugged it off and told me that he liked them.

I had been working at one of the new coffee stores that had just been built in town, everyone had been giving me shit about it saying that I was ruining the south side. But a girls gotta work and they were hiring, so I guess I’m destroying the south side.

Keep reading

Yuri on Ice BD choreography commentary translation - Volume 2

Awfully behind schedule due to my throat dying because of all the air conditioning at work and other stuff stealing my time, but here it is finally, the last part of the BD/DVD vol.2. Once again it’s a translation of the complete script. The commentary is by Kenji Miyamoto & Mitsurou Kubo. This time it’s Yuri’s SP and Yuuri’s FS.

Notes:
-It’s two people talking, not a written interview, so expect them to hop from one subject to another within the same sentence… Even if it sounds a bit unconnected at times, that’s how they said it.
-I still arranged it a little to make it easier to understand as written material, by removing lots of “ehm” “uuhm” “you know” “yes” (I especially removed all instances where someone says “yes” in the middle of the other speaking) and fumbled words.
-Amusingly enough both their initials are KM/MK, but I used the surname initials so M is Miyamoto and K is Kubo.
-I put (LOL) when they’re laughing because otherwise some lines might sound serious while they’re actually joking.

***VERY IMPORTANT***
Do NOT use this translation for subtitles, in ANY way.

I don’t support the upload of bonuses contained in BDs/DVDs, as they are meant to be (as the word says) bonuses for the people who spent money to purchase them. If you like a series so much that you absolutely need to watch the bonus contents, please buy the BDs/DVDs.


Kubo: Hello, I’m the original planner Mitsurou Kubo.
Miyamoto: Hello, I’m the choreographer Kenji Miyamoto.
K: Ah, Kenji-sensei. It’s been a while.
M: It’s been a while.
K: Ok, today we are going to look back on the choreography of Yuri Plisetsky’s short program, “Ai ni Tsuite ~Agape~”. This time, for the first time, Kenji-sensei is not the one performing the choreography. But you created it, didn’t you?
M: Yes, I did.
K: This time, Yuri Plisetsky still has the body of a 15 years old boy, so you know, we thought that if possible we would like to ask someone else to perform it. The reason is that this footage is an important reference when translating the choreographies into animation, and changing Kenji-sensei’s body into that of a young boy would have required quite a lot of work.
M: Ah, so it was for that reason.
K: Yeah.
M: I see.
K: So basically we said that a girl, a girl of small build, would be nice, and we asked Kenji-sensei to look for a person like that.
M: Yes. Honoka Kawanishi-chan.
K: Yes. She’s a 20 years old university student, and she even participated in the university’s Miss Campus contest…
M: Really?
K: Well, isn’t she really pretty?
M: Yeah, she’s a beautiful girl.
K: I was like, nice job Kenji-sensei for bringing such a girl!
M: When she was still a competitive figure skater she impressed me because she could dance really well.
K: You didn’t do choreographies for her at that time?
M: No, I didn’t. This was the first time, but really, she learned the choreography very quickly.
K: That’s right.
M: Yeah.
K: He was creating the choreographies at night, we had very little time, and I guess, there are skaters who learn faster and skaters who are slower, right?
M: Yes, and also, I think she was moving very close to the way I was imagining the choreography, so we could go on very smoothly.
K: We also had that impression watching, like, she was absorbing everything so quickly and she danced very boldly, she was really amazing.
M: And this hairstyle, too.
K: Yes, we wanted to draw Yuri with flowing bobbed hair, so we asked her not to tie her hair, to let it loose when she was skating, and you know, skating with loose hair is something that you don’t see in tournaments, so it was really nice to watch~.
M: It’s nice, it looks very dynamic.
K: Thank you. Hah~. So this was Yuri Plisetsky’s short program, “Ai ni Tsuite ~Agape~”.

K: “Really nice to watch~”, I made a face like an old man (LOL). Ok, next up is Yuuri Katsuki’s free skating. The song is “Yuri on ICE”. Uh.. (LOL)
M: Everyone’s laughing at me (LOL).
K: This part, of course the ones who watched the anime know it already, but we asked Kenji-sensei to start from the point where Victor hugs Yuuri from behind..
M: Yes (LOL).
K: Sorry, it’s just somehow amusing (LOL).
M: When I turned around everyone was laughing.
K: (LOL). But actually, it became a really nice scene. Ok. Regarding this “Yuri on ICE”, when we were creating the story later on I decided the title and made it “Yuri on ICE”, but in fact, when we filmed this footage the title hadn’t been decided yet, we just had the song ready, and the story wasn’t finished either, so we just asked Kenji-sensei to do the choreography in the meantime. This time I couldn’t physically be there, but what instructions did the director give you?
M: I’d say, “director, what do you think about this?”, and she’d be like “yeah, that’s good”.
K: (LOL)
M: I said “And this, what about this?”, and she was like “yes, I think that’s nice”. No matter what I said she always replied “yes”.
K: In other words, you were also kind of anxious too.
M: Yes, I didn’t really understand the story completely, so..
K: Yeah.
M: But I was asked to create a program that could win in a tournament, a well done program, and when I listened to this song, this delicate music, I wanted to create a choreography that would look like an ink painting, like thin streaks that vanish as they stream.
K: Hearing this, you know, I’m not sure whether it’s actually connected, but the opening is really that way, like an ink painting, with colors that spread out as the song plays, and I thought that it looks like it’s connected.
M: I was very surprised when I watched it.
K: Ah!
M: I was like, “ah, so they made it like this”…
K: But seriously, this choreography is really… In the beginning, Yuuri Katsuki has just started figure skating and has many worries, then in the scene where he meets Victor the sounds become richer, and we asked to make the choreography so that it would leave a stronger impression too, but the way you glide in that smo~oth line is really nice. Even in the animation version it’s breathtakingly beautiful. And…
M: Today’s socks are lime green (LOL).
K: (LOL). Yeah, we have explained this in vol.1 too, but basically it’s not like Kenji-sensei fancies this kind of fashion, he wore different gloves and socks to make the left and right legs different. Normally he’s a fashionable person.
M: You don’t have to say that (LOL). But this, you know, I really used up a lot of stamina to skate it.
K: Ooh.
M: That axel after a forward counter is quite difficult.
K: (LOL). Indeed, we asked to create a FS that could win the Grand Prix Final, so the movements leading to jumps, and all the other elements, are all made so that you can get a high level. Kenji-sensei did a lot of things (LOL).
M: Yeah (LOL).
K: Sorry for saying it a bit vaguely.
M: That’s ok. This part too, it has an outside rocker cluster with combined movements of the upper body, though my foot touched the ground a little (LOL). It’s made to get level 4, I mean, I’m not sure one could get it, but it’s made so that it’s possible to get it.
K: I heard that some real figure skaters said they wanted to skate this.
M: Yes, that’s true. I was asked to make a choreography for this song, but I replied that it would be better to wait some more time. It’s quite popular actually.
K: I really want someone to skate it! Seriously, the song is a bit too short for a competitive program, but someone could like, make it a bit longer, edit it, and skate it.
M: (LOL).
K: Ah, yes, in the end, he looks in Victor’s direction, points his fingers at him, and the song is complete.
M: My hair is so flat (LOL).
K: Yeah, kind of…
M: It was night in the end.
K: Yeah, it was night. All the clocks visible in the footage are showing past 12:00, but that’s not 1:00 or 2:00 in the afternoon, you know.
M: It was pitch black (LOL).
K: Yeah, it was. But really, now that I hear from Kenji-sensei that there are real skaters who are watching “Yuri on Ice” and want to skate this song… So is it popular?
M: Yeah, this song is popular, and, it’s a different story, but at the rink I went to the other day there was a boy who started skating after watching “Yuri on Ice”.
K: Great!!!!
M: When I told him that I was the one who made the choreographies, he was like “uwaaah”.
K: I’m so happy.
M: It’s nice to see things like this happen.
K: Yeah, I mean, of course grown-up women like this anime too, but I hope that young male skaters who are thinking of starting now or who are already skating, people from all over the world, can feel figure skating as something closer to themselves and continue it.
M: Yes.
K: You also said that you’d like people to feel figure skating as something closer, right?
M: Yeah, I think so.
K: You know, I’m really happy to hear that in some way, even just a little, this is becoming true.
M: I agree.
K: Ah, sorry, I’m wrapping it up a bit in a hurry. So, we have watched the choreographies of vol.2. Let’s meet again in vol.3! Please say something too (LOL).
M: (LOL).