1. Not getting enough sleep. You absolutely need sleep. Yes, you might have a big test tomorrow, but chances are you’ll be unable to retain anything late at night after hours of studying anyways. You will most likely get more out of an entire night of sleep than those two extra hours of studying.
2. Unrealistic goals. Don’t make a to-do list you’re certain you won’t finish. Don’t schedule finishing three papers in one evening. Be realistic. Things usually take more time than we think. Looking at long lists of checkboxes unchecked isn’t exactly motivating.
3. Too much coffee. I love coffee. Most of you reading this probably love coffee. But always make sure not to don’t drink too much of it, and don’t drink coffee too late in the evening. If you’re not careful, it can screw up your circadian rhytm. This applies to anything with caffeine, not just coffee. Tea is usually not that bad, since many don’t have caffeine, and the ones who do have quite small amounts, but stay away from the energy drinks.
4. Working in bed. This is something I used to do A LOT, but you can see a significant improvement in the grades I got after being more strict with myself, forcing myself to sit by a desk instead. This is how those 2+ hour naps happen. Find other places you can study and be comfortable at the same time. Just avoid the bed if you want to be productive.
5. Tumblr. Yeah, so this is a bit ironic, considering this is posted on Tumblr, but: when starting a study session, close Tumblr. If you can’t stay off, download a website blocker.
6. Spending too much time planning. Let me explain this: If you spend half the time you have available planning your study session, and then the rest actually studying, you’re probably not all that productive, unless the excessive amount of planning truly makes you a lot more productive in your study session. Plan out your study time quickly, don’t spend too much time on it. You might feel productive, but the goal here is to study, so make sure you actually do.
7. Thinking “I’ll remember this, so I won’t write it down”. No. You will forget this at some point. WRITE IT DOWN. This applies to everything, not just studying and school. Make a note on your phone, in your journal, wherever. Just jot it down somewhere, you’ll be thankful you did.
8. Falling behind. This is not mighty specific, but it is important. Once you fall behind in one subject/class, you’ll most likely fall behind in at least one more. Do a little bit of work every day, and get things done right away (see the next paragraph), and you’ll avoid falling behind! Getting back on track is much harder than just keeping up throughout the year.
9. Not getting things done right away. Most important thing on this list. Received a set of maths practice problems today? Get it done today. Get it out of the way (but don’t rush through it), so you can continue with other things. On the day before it’s supposed to be done, you’ll be so glad you didn’t wait, avoiding an evening of stress trying to get it done.
10. Only writing down things written on the board/Powerpoint. Sure, the key points will usually be here, but the important details are those said out loud by the teacher/lecturer. I know it’s hard to write down things from the board/Powerpoint while also listening and taking notes from what they say, but I’d recommend focusing on taking notes from what they say. The things on the board/Powerpoint are probably key points you already know, or that you can read about in the textbook. The info said out loud might not be.
11. Being afraid to ask questions. If you have a question, ask the teacher/lecturer. Sure, there might be other ways to find the answer, but you’ll probably get a more straight-forward, clear answer from the teacher or lecturer. Also, ask right away, don’t wait. If there is something you don’t understand, going forward with the curriculum will be harder. This one might be hard for many, but try the best you can. If you are graded partially on activity in class or you ever need a reference, asking questions will make your teacher realise you are interested in the subject and learning.
In the end of this post, I’d like to remind all of you how much resources are put into your education. Your country is investing in your education and future. Appreciate the privilege of education. Realise that not everyone gets the opportunities you get, so make sure you’re not wasting them. Wow, this suddenly got very deep. But you know what I mean.
Hope you got at least some help out of this post! Any questions/feedback? Message me, I’ll be happy to answer any questions and I’d appreciate any feedback! ♥♥
lay on the bed, groaning, struggling, and gritting your teeth, “Come
on. Come on, please!” Your body tenses and your back arches, and finally
you collapse out of breath then exhale in frustration, “Just zip
already you damn pants!” You sit up, still able to see over your swollen
belly to your legs hanging off the edge of the bed. Your pants sit on
your hips, button undone, your fly having slid back down to the bottom,
and your belt waiting in the loops for your attempt to fasten it. Your
shirt, no longer fit perfectly, instead it now pulls tight across your
pregnant middle. Flutters rise in your belly as you glared, “Oh you
think that’s funny, forcing your father out of his clothes already?” You
knew your clothes would eventually betray you, but your were not
expecting it to happen literally over night. “Dear,” your wife speaks up
having watched your failed attempt with mild amusement, “Why not just
put on the new clothes the tailor made. He promised they would last the
full nine months.” “The emperor never surrenders!” You declare trying to
sound triumphant, “My belt! The buckle is large enough. If I can get it
closed I can surely hide-” You strain again unable to thread the end
tip through into the buckle, “Et tu belt!” You growl and continue to try
and force your belt to thread together. In vain you try to suck in your
stomach but it went no where. Your child was perfectly content within
your womb and refused to be squeezed. Again your breath runs out and you
let go of your belt. Defeated, you lean back on your hands looking down
at your front with a frown. More flutters came causing you to smirk and
gently rub your belly, “Alright, you win this round.” Your empress
suddenly perks up, “Are they moving?” Without waiting for an answer, her
hand was placed against your swell, “I… don’t feel anything,” she notes
disappointed. “Still to small yet,” You remark placing one hand over
your wife’s, “Only four months along. I can barely feel our child at
times.” In breathe deeply in defeat once more and lean your head back,
“Where did the tailor put those clothes?” The new set of clothes fit
comfortably, and were a little loose for the time being. Both pants and
shirts had panels along the sides hidden by your cloak that would
stretch with your swelling womb. The accompanying belt appeared much to
long at first but it too fit several notches above the tightest setting.
You grimace as your investigate the new clothes wondering just how big
your were going to get. Word had gotten around that your empire would
have a new prince or princess soon. Of course, along with it came the
argument of who was carrying the heir, the emperor or the empress. Many
of your subjects assumed the latter. Regardless, it was information you
would rather not expose until it could no longer be hidden. Anymore
growth spurts like that one and the truth would have to come out sooner
than later. Some nobles were already growing suspicious that it was you
who was pregnant due to a sudden shift in your behavior. Once you were
more than willing to leave the safety of the capital and observe the far
reaches of your empire. However, now carrying a heir in your belly was
made you much more cautious, more protective of yourself, as well as
more selective of how far you wondered from the safety of the palace.
Your middle becoming round from your heir only added more fuel to the
fire. “Well which is it, sire?” a nobleman asks. “Which is what?” you
inquire with confused look. A noblewomen gives an airy laugh from behind
her fan, “My good emperor! Have you not heard? You are the topic of the
rumor mill as of late!” The empress coughs slightly into her tea
shooting a glance towards you then back to her drink, “A-a rumor? Of our
good emperor? Wh-who would make up such tales?” she asks nervously. A
second nobleman answers politely “It was a visual observation which
started it, my emperor. Come now, sire. I hate the be that person but,
erm, have you been enjoying the fruits of your rule a tad too much
lately?” “I beg your pardon?” You ask in a flash of anger, “What exactly
are you implying?” “Oh now, now, my emperor,” the noblewomen answers,
“We do not mean any rudeness. There is no reason to get defensive over
picking up some fat with age.” You stutter a moment at such a vile
accusation, “Fat? Fat! That is the rumor the mill has spat? It is a lie.
I’m not fat.” “My love-” your wife attempts to interject but your
hormones were most certainty in control now. “I’m pregnant!” you shout
not hearing your wife nor catching what you spoke until you speak it.
Your eyes go wide and a look of horror overtakes your face as you clasp
both hands over your mouth, desperate to will away what you just
proclaimed. The room full of gossiping aristocrats became silent enough
one could hear a pin drop as all eyes were suddenly glued to you.
Several shock expressions, along with the exchange of winning bets
filled the room Your wife muffles a groan as she buries her face into
her hands. This was certainty not how both of you had planned to reveal
it as such. In a panic, your eyes dart around the room, you suddenly
feel queasy, “I-I have to go.” You speak quickly then dash from the
room. Your panic fueled run takes you to a quiet corner of the palace
gardens where you finally slow down to catch your breath and hold your
head in anger and frustration, “That was dumb. Heaven and Hell that was
dumb. How did I lose control like that so easily? They’ve undoubtedly
ran off to confirm and spread that bit of news.” You lean against a
wall, running one hand through your hair and idly resting the other
against your swollen middle, “Cat’s out of the bag now little heir. It
was going to happen sooner or later. Guess we’ll be staying under close
watch from now on. Your mother is probably mad at me for doing that.”
You grin and gently rub your stomach, “Granted, I don’t think you care
one way or another, so long as I keep a supply of grapes coming.” You
feel a light flutter and assume it was a yes. With the rumor that you
were carrying the heir confirmed, travel within the capital city was
proving to be more bothersome by the day. Over the next several months
your child grew bigger and stronger, even wrapping your cloak around
your frame failed to fully hide your swollen middle now. Being pregnant
seemed to make everyone forget about your personal boundary and you
being their emperor! And you despised every second of it. You became
overly protective of your heir, shooting a glare at anyone who tried to
get too close without permission and along with a toss from your guards
if needed. Almost constantly when you were in public, even within the
palace you would swivel your eyes and held one hand to your taught
middle. You even accidentally growled at your empress a number of times
when she caught you off guard, although you were quick to apologize for
it each time and she just as easily forgave you. Too make matters worse
an assassination target had been placed on your back. A group known only
as the Carii had made you their prime target. The first attack came
within a week of you carrying the heir becoming public knowledge. Your
would be assassin blended seamlessly with the crowd and once close
enough made a lunge for your back only to be stopped by one of your
loyal guards. You drew your sword to the assassins throat demanding
answers, but the only words he spoke were ‘The Carii shall end your
blood line’ before biting into a cyanide capsule and collapsing. You
were offering a handsome reward for any usable information leading to
the capture of the Carii leader. Several mercenary groups had gone on
the hunt, but the leader remained out of sight. Any members who were
captured gave the same declaration before eating the cyanide capsule.
The royal guard put their top resources on trying to determine where the
Carii could be hiding out as well as keeping you safe. Understandably,
you felt safe hidden away in the palace, away from the public and deep
behind the guard’s defenses. It was becoming harder for you too move
quickly the heavier your child grew and you felt short of breath after a
short period of time of running. Even with this madness, you still had
an empire to rule. You had the trust and respect of your subjects to
maintain even with the Carii threat breathing down your neck. It was
just before sundown when you were finally able to escape your royal
duties and relax in your private quarters with your loving empress. A
antique chaise lounge chair with a nest of pillows had become your
favorite place to relax and allowed you to still gaze out a pair of
heavily locked glass doors leading to a oil lantern lit balcony. “At
last…,” you moan as you sink into the chair, feeling your back pain
being near instantly relieved. Your hands quickly wonder down to your
waist and undo your belt, button and zipper allowing your swollen belly
more room in your lap, “There. Is that better little heir?” you ask
rubbing the tight round mass making up your middle. You smile warmly as a
kick meets your hand and you lean back. The empress takes a moment to
sit between your legs gently places both hands on your belly, “You’re
almost ready little heir, only a little longer now.” she speaks with a
smile as she lovingly traces the child’s movements within you. “Little
doesn’t describe our heir anymore,” you note, “We make big strong ones
if these kicks and punches are any indication.” The empress giggles and
hugs your round middle with beaming smile, “Strong and handsome sons.
Fierce and beautiful daughters.” She carefully slides your shirt up then
plants a kiss just above your navel forcing you to stifle a moan, “Oh?”
She question looking at you, “What was that sound you just made, my
emperor?” You answer with a knowing grin placing both hands atop your
middle, “Nothing.” “You shouldn’t lie to your mistress, my little
emperor,” she replies as she gently rubs the sides of your tight belly
and kisses your navel, “You agree with me, don’t you little heir?” She
asks moving on hand to trace your child’s movements as your belly
distorts, “Papa shouldn’t lie to me now should he.” You clench your jaw
as she strokes your middle, your skin had gotten incredibly sensitive
over the last several months. Mix that with her honey like voice and
surging hormones, it became hard to control yourself at times. Never did
you think being pregnant would be such a turn on for you, “Kiss a bit
lower and maybe I’ll tell you want that sound was.” Your wife grins,
“Oh, playing this game are we?” “Maybe,” you answer with your own grin,
“What can I say. I got a beautiful woman that I love tending to me. Can
you really bl-” You suddenly turn and cough several times, “What was
that for!” You sneer at your belly lightly rubbing the top, “Kicking my
lungs like that, we both need them you know.” Your wife erupts into
laughter and you feel your heir stretch within the confines of your
womb, distorting its round shape briefly before settling again.
“Alright, little heir,” your wife speaks gently rubbing the length of
your stomach and planting one final kiss before pulling your shirt back
over your stomach, “We’ll let you get some rest. It’s been a long day
for you as well.” You huff and and rest your head against the pillows
again, “If anyone needs rest its me from carrying you around. I don’t
know if I can get much bigger.” “You can make it, my love.” She notes
with a loving smile and a kiss, “You’re doing better then what my body
could do.” “My sweet empress, I love you to death,” you reply, looking
at her, “How many times have I reassured you already? We need to use my
womb so we will. Now if I can get rid of the damn Carii I’ll being doing
much better.” You let out a soft grunt and gently rub your swollen
middle again, “Shh, don’t you worry in there. We will never let them get
anywhere close to you.” You then turn your head towards the balcony,
focusing on the heavy lock guarding the door and let out a forlorn sigh,
“It’s a shame, such a beautiful night tonight. I rather be out there
enjoying the breeze and fresh air. We need to get rid of that Carii.”
You look back to your swollen belly again, “So that you can breathe the
fresh air as well without worry.” “Don’t do anything rash honey,” your
empress speaks sitting back upright on the lounge chair with a worried
look, “I can’t bare the thought of losing both of you.” “I’m sure as
hell in no condition to hunt them myself,” you point out, “And I would
much rather not have our child born with a target on their back.” You
breathe deeply in thought, “We’re running out of time though. I’ll have
the guard up their efforts, and reconsider upping the reward.” Your wife
smiles, “In that case, I’ll up my weapon training some more. It’s my
job now, to keep our family safe.” You return the smile then look back
at the stars, idling rubbing your belly as you wish and pray all would
turn out for the better and soon.
fancafe king shinwon did a reply party recently, on 170818. 0026yoyo has translated majority from his 88 replies, go visit their thread :) i use ‘fan’ before each question but obviously each question came from a different account. shinwon uses sss before his every reply and i kept that.
Prompt: reader finds out that Spencer is cheating on her.
You were holding his shirt, his light blue shirt. You loved it because for your first date, almost four years ago, he wore it, but now it was the thing you hated more.
All you could see was that lipstick stain on it. A pink stain. You didn’t have a lipstick of that color.
You felt hurt, you felt broke, you felt meaningless. You’ve just understood what happened the last time he said he had a lot of work to do. It was the last time he was late. How many times have you felt alone while he was loving someone else? Too many times.
Every evening he texted you the same thing: ‘I will be late. You know, be a federal agent is hard. See you later. Love you, Spencer.’
You weren’t worth even a call. A message was an easier way.
When he went home that night at 1am, you were in the kitchen, drinking a cup of tea.
“I am home honey!”
Spencer tried to kiss your cheek when you dodged him.
“Hey, what is the matter?”
“You know” you started quietly “if you like so much pink lipsticks, you just could tell me.”
Spencer was surprised. He looked like he didn’t know anything.
“Where were you last night Spencer? In your office, doing some work?”
“Y-yes, I’ve told you that.” obviously he lied .
“Well, ok. Then, explain me this.” you said throwing the shirt to him.
When he relized, he started to sweat. He realized you’d found out everything.
“(y/n), I can explain… I can…”
“You can what, Spencer? You want to say sorry? You can’t. You broke me.”
“Seriously, let me explain.”
“Who is she? Do I know her?”
“Tell me her name.”
“Tell me her name!”
“Maeve Donovan. She is a genetist. We… we met because of my headaches.”
“How long has this been going on?”
After a minute of silence, he finally replied. His eyes were locked on the floor.
“About four months.”
You couldn’t speak anymore. He cheated on you and it was enough for you.
“You can not even look at me now. How could you even kiss me before, knowing you were hurting me… I look at you and I feel nauseous.”
After that sentence, he looked at you with tears in his eyes.
“I am gonna sleep at my friend’s house this night, and tomorrow I will ask Morgan to help me to take my things out of here. I don’t want to see you anymore Spencer. Anymore.”
So, after took your coat and your bag, you were standing on the door when you said the last thing.
“I hope you are happy now. You can… you can love her better now. I hope she worths it.”
**The clock keeps ticking. :-) Thanks for reading! And thank you to @ladygrange for once again holding my hand. <3**
“Wherever you want, little Natalie Grace. I’ll leave it all up to you.”
She held her breath as Robert cupped her face, the corner of his mouth beginning the curve she’d memorized.
“Little Natalie Grace.”
His voice was a whisper on her lips, and she swallowed, barely parting them.
“What do you want, love? What do you … want?”
Nat awoke with a start, sure she heard the words echoing through the room. It was just a dream. Dropping back into the pillow, she expelled a long breath. She could still smell him, feel his warmth against her chin and mouth. She stared at the ceiling, gently pounding her clenched fists into the bedding. What am I doing? Her hand snaked through her damp, tangled hair. Apparently, you’re dreaming about Robert Plant. Good Lord. She rolled her eyes as she rolled out of bed, snapping up her robe with a flourish. Time to get on with the day. Shuffling toward the door, she could make out the clatter of plates and the tinkle of crystal. Susan was up. It’s probably past noon. She clasped the doorknob, certain that with a twist of it, the inquisition would commence. She wasn’t disappointed.
I was recently tagged by @akanebara Thank you so much for tagging me, sweetie :)
Rules: Answer the following questions and tag nine or more people that you want to get to know better.
Relationship: I’m single
Favorite Color: I love the color purple, but I have also taken a liking to the color orange which also happened to be my very first favorite color when I was just a small bean.
Pets: I used to have two cats, but I had to give them away because our apartments raised the pet fee and my family could no longer afford the amount owed.
Wake Up To: Only thirty minutes left to get ready for school before I’m late for the bus at 7:03 a.m. on week days. But on weekends, I wake up to having a monstrous need for food.
Cats or Dogs: Cats. Hands down.
Coke or Pepsi: Neither. I don’t like soda as much as I used too. It burns my throat, so I usually drink tea or water now.
Day or Night: This is a hard one. I really love sun rises and feeling the warmth of the sun on my skin when Washington isn’t having it’s regular bipolar weather, but I also really love the night and the atmosphere it brings. Can their be a tie? If not, then I guess I choose night. Mainly because precious memories are formed at the latest hours of the day.
Text or Call: I prefer texting, but I’m not objected to calls either. There’s just something about hearing someone speak without looking into their eyes that unnerves me. I need that face-to-face contact when I’m speaking to someone or I’ll be extra awkward on the phone.
Lipstick or Chap stick: I’ve actually never applied lipstick on, but I have wanted too in the past. So, I’ll go with chap stick since I’m kind of obsessed with keeping my lips soft at all times.
Last Book I Read: Antony and Cleopatra by Shakespeare
Last Song I listened To: Let’s Talk About Your Hair by Have Mercy
I AM ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE WITH THIS SONG.
Last Movie I Watched: Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs (Disney original)
Headcanons for Kiyomi Takada as a roommate? Thanks
- NEAT FREAK
- no seriously, everything has it’s place and if something is misplaced she will be passive aggressive for several days
- very social, you don’t see her round the apartment too much
- she has a vision of how she wants the place to look and she will follow up on that vision dammit
- whenever she makes tea or coffee, she always makes some for her roommate as well, even if they aren’t home
- don’t go near her room without permission. Just don’t do it
- she has a very motherly approach to decorating her room, very soft, warm colours and textiles
- don’t ever leave the lights on when you leave the room
- dammit y/n I have to pay the bills too, turn them off
- plenty of late nights drinking wine and talking shit together
- she’s sort of an enigma, not a home body at all, and you’re never really sure where you stand with her tbh
- you only ever briefly meet her friends and it’s never scheduled beforehand. usually you’ll just walk into the sitting room and oh, there’s a person sitting there and Kiyomi’s like “Oh this is ______, we’re just heading out, see you later.” You’ll likely never encounter that person again
- you never really feel close to her, despite sharing a living space. She’s a bit of a mystery
notes from angie: i nearly forgot abt our little prince jeongguk .o. this is a really slow chapter, but pt.3 will have more development for sure! here is pt.1, and as always, feel free to leave comments and concrit in my ask box! enjoy ~ au fusion: royalty / ancient korea pairing: jeon jeongguk / reader word count: 2.4k
“nothing that cannot be solved,” hoseok points out gently. “reverse the third and fourth statements -”
“my lord!” you exclaim, out of breath as you burst through the doors.
hoseok looks up, the confused look in his eyes turning into one of worry. “_____? where are the books?”
“my lord, the soldiers -” you suddenly stop yourself, face flushed. “i mean, i’d rather speak to you in private, my lord.”
Lumiere has his feet flung up on the table in front of him, sitting back on the sofa, his empty glass of wine in hand. He stares into the empty fireplace, waiting with stale ashes and unlit logs for the next winter. Normal winter. Not the long, long winter they had known during the curse.
I’ve served a king and a prince, he reflects, for what, twenty? Twenty-five? years.
He has known nothing else but serving all his life, both in and out of the castle. He has entertained crowds with dramatic shows, he has overseen countless feasts and meals, he has been a performer and a servant all his life. He had seen the prince grow from a little boy to being a cursed Beast, and then returned to human form again, remembering what love was. He has never thought of anything else, his entire identity revolving around theatre and cuisine, two of the greatest loves of his life.
I have entertained kings, queens, and princes, he reflects, idly studying the wine glass between his hands, I have fallen in love with a beautiful lady. He smiles on thinking of Plumette with her soft face and hands, and how gently her lips pressed against his when they kissed.
He considers himself lucky to have ended up working in the castle, to have entertained so many here. When he was cursed with everyone else in the castle, an emptiness, at first a pinprick, then a yawning chasm, had grown in him as the years passed without another human. Only when Belle had arrived, then he remembered the only thing that had made him worthy–entertaining guests. That was his worth, that was why he was here, to entertain and to serve royalty.
Hey. I’ve been putting together my new bullet journal for the New Year, and I thought I would share! It’s pretty minimalist right now, but I’m already seeing so many things that I would like to add or change - I’ve been thinking of a new monthly layout that would encompass the monthly calendar, tasks AND habit tracker, so maybe I’ll try that for the month of February. I’m using a squared Moleskin and a 0.5mm Pilot G2. I know it shows through the paper, but I don’t care because it writes so damn beautifully and I have a million of them.
1. Cover page (that drives me crazy because I smudged it 🙃)
2. Goals for the year - mostly just about getting my basic. please excuse the sorry ass excuse for calligraphy
3. Future Log for the year. Still pretty empty
4. January calendar. I used to use a traditional calendar type layout but it takes SO long to put together and it seems like a lot of wasted space (since all I do is go to class and sleep lol). I used the original bullet journal method for the month of December in my current bullet journal and I really liked it.
5. January tasks. Again, lots of room for more
6. January expense tracker, since I’m a college student living off of my parents and I struggle with wasting money on coffee and food
7. Winter term calendar. This was much more useful when I was taking three classes and getting the times figured out was a chore, not so much when I’m only technically taking one class (that’s worth 10 credits). But I guess I could still use it to write down assignments and due dates, and crossing days off is very satisfying 😜 (you can see I pressed a little too hard on the next page but whatever)
8. Habit tracker. I’ve never used one before, but most people in the bullet journal community seem to find them helpful. I haven’t been taking very good care of myself lately, so I’m hoping this might get me to do all the things I know I should be doing every day - drinking enough water and tea, taking time to read the Bible, pray and meditate (using the Calm app, which is awesome and you should totally check it out), work out every day and practice my guitar and drums. Since there was so much space left over, I decided to add a Bible verse about the New Year :)
If you actually read any of this, thanks! I just started this new studyblr for EMT student stuff, but I will also be posting a lot of bullet journal stuff so be sure to like, reblog and follow me!
Before going to bed last night, I was asked by a friend what I would be doing today. My answer was, “I have absolutely no idea.” It’s now mid-afternoon, and I still have no idea what I’m going to be doing today.
As I type, I’m sitting at my desk sipping on my third cup of Kirkland green tea. I’d rather be drinking coffee, but I’ve been drinking WAY too much of the stuff lately. I love coffee, but it doesn’t love me. My body is screaming at me to detoxify. So, tea it is.
A friend emailed me (while I was writing that last paragraph) to ask if I wanted to go to the community garden to weed with her for half an hour this evening. As badly as I want to do something, I don’t want to do that. I didn’t even want to dash out into my own garden at lunch time to pick an onion, because it’s fall—translation, it’s freaking freezing. Am I the only person on the planet who intensely dislikes this season? How many days until spring? Anyway…
Back to the not knowing what I’m going to do today. The one thing I want to do today, I cannot do, because there’s a piece of information I need to know before I can start, and the person who was placed in charge of the document containing that information, lost it. OMG! Talk about timing! An email notification about this very thing just popped up. For $12.49 the government will provide a copy of the lost document. But you know what? Before that can happen, a meeting must be called, and 5 people need to show up to authorize the $12.49 expense. [Expletive redacted]! I guess that settles it. The one thing I wanted to do today won’t be getting done today.
“You keep looking at me like I’m going to hurt you.” for TsukkiYama please! ^_^
There’s something wrong with Tadashi.
Kei doesn’t know what, but he knows there is. He’s been wary around others lately, flinching at every sound or movement. Kei feels sick knowing that Tadashi isn’t talking to him about what’s making him nervous; he always tells him these things, so why not now?
“Shi– Sorry! Sorry, Tsukki!” Tadashi looks close to tears as he stares at the tea he’s just dropped. “Sorry. I- I’ll– c- clean–”
With a sigh, Kei pushes Tadashi back towards his bed and picks up the tray of dropped drinks himself. “You’re stressing out too much. I’ve got it.”
Tadashi cowers like a kicked puppy, and Kei feels his chest ache at the sight of his best friend’s sad face. He clears his throat, “Yamaguchi, are you alright?”
With a gulp, Tadashi opens his mouth. “I– Yeah–”
“Stop. You keep looking at me like I’m going to hurt you. I’m not.”
“I- I know…”
“You don’t and you know that.” It comes out more harsh than Kei intended and he cringes at the sharp intake of breath that comes from Tadashi. “Yamaguchi, just because I rejected doesn’t mean I don’t want to be around you.”
“I- I know.” Tadashi whispers, not looking up.
“I don’t think you do.” Kei stands and lifts their mugs. “I’ll be right back.”
i’m actually super tired rn and i have to get up in a few hours to go grocery shopping before school w/ my mom (weird, but true). i can finally get more safe foods. ((;
some quick things i want to cover:
i’ve slightly noticed my wrists are more bonier (yay hehe)
i’m cold ALL THE TIME
i now weigh between 90-94 lbs. (my body can’t decide ugh)
i can never fast when i want too bc i eat too much or too much junk before and i don’t want my body to save it as fat!!!!!
i love the super tired feeling i get after exercising without eating :’) it makes me feel airy and light ✨
i’ve been drinking tea twice a day (normally) and i’m loving it!! definitely helps me get more bowel movements
i’ve been eating “normal” lately, but also restricting—it just feels like i’m eating normal. idk maybe i just got used to restricting hahaha but i always eat too much, so i don’t want to fast the next day. although, tomorrow i might even though i binged towards the end of my dinner. ;((
something i’ve been having trouble with lately would be drinking too many calories—i consume way more liquid calories than actual food and it’s annoying!! (mostly bc i can’t wean myself off of high calorie coffee and smoothies okay ;-;)
i totally rocked a super cute outfit yesterday, and i got so much compliments and jealous stares from others. :’)
i’m still working on gaining a super noticeable thigh gap and flat stomach!!! vv hard ugh.
okay so that’s about all i can think of. i might do a body check soon for this month who knows.
that just about wraps everything up. good night lovelies. 🖤🌚
Got tagged by @purplelittlepup (thank you so much I love doing these and never get tagged)
1. I have an unhealthy dependency on Coke Zero. To the point that it’s pretty much all I drink other then overpriced sweetened tea.
2. I once won a college Mac and Cheese competition. I was awarded part of my tuition for that year, my favorite chef’s knife, a pressure cooker for my high school, newspaper/magazine articles, a TV spot (that I hated filming, my god) and the nickname “Mac” for my whole first year of college
3. I am both fascinated and terrified of the deep sea and it’s creatures. Jellyfish are the bomb but I’m warming up to octopi and squids too lately
4. The most expensive things I own are my headphones and a one of a kind skirt I picked up at a con years ago.
5. I have 6 sideblogs, not all super active but they exist.
6. I’ve moved 11 times and have been to 7 schools.
7. I actually like black licorice? People seem to hate it but?
8. I spend most of my life in transit. Busses mostly but 4am car rides and 9pm trains aren’t uncommon to me.
9. My favorite place in the whole world the dock at my friend’s cottage. I sit cross legged, headphones on, and look over the lake. I only get to go a few times a year but I would live there if I could.
10. I am the worst at keeping up with shows or comics. Unless the series is done, I always forget to keep up to date.
Once you get this it would be cool if you posted ten facts about yourself and then passed this along to your ten favorite followers!!
1. i’m meeting marlon finally on sunday after knowing her for 4 damn years 2. and we are seeing g-dragon together!!! 3. saying that i’m whipped for min yoongi is an understatement of the century 4. im drinking so much tea that its almost unhealthy, but the heart wants what it wants 5. i’m very bad at riding a bike, i just hate it and i don’t want to do it ever again 6. if everything goes well i’m gonna get my master’s degree next june/july 7. i’m cooking quite a lot lately and i really enjoy that, but it’s mostly asian food, like korean, chinese, thai and indian dishes and my mom keeps harassing me that it’s too spicy and “pls not asian again” 8. i can’t eat sugar and dairy products (cause of health condition, not because i’m a freak) 9. according to @vanillalattaes i’m tsundere-like and i love music and concerts (true, i’ve really been to A LOT) 10. i used to play drums and i learned german for quite a long time
Is it bad to ask for all of the autumn asks... I genuinely want them all
HOOOO my gosh this is so much but honestly I want to answer them all too so HERE WE GO.
“pumpkin spice: what’s your drink of choice?”
Black tea with sugar, which I have at least once a day.
“wool socks: what’s something you look forward to in fall?”
My favorite fall activity is going to every local store that sells miniature pumpkins and squash and hording them like a squirrel to display in my room. (Also, @people who go to school with me, if you think I’m not stealing pumpkins from the dining hall again this year you’re sorely mistaken.)
falling leaves: you’re stranded on a desert island and here’s the twist; what three things do you NOT bring with you?”
My extremely old collection of movies that I never watch, the grim specters of my past mistakes, and the shitty chocolate mints that I have in my house even though nobody likes them.
“smelly candles: what’s your absolute favorite scent?”
“big sweaters: do you prefer the cold, warmth, or a perfect in-between?”
I prefer the cold because it provides me the perfect excuse to bundle up in my dumb fluffy fall/winter attire.
“halloween: if you could dress up as anyone/ anything and pull it off absolutely flawlessly, who/what would it be?”
I’d dress up as Bigfoot, take lots of blurry photos of myself, and cement my status as a real-life cryptid.
“cozy blankets: where do you feel the most safe and at home?”
“hot tea: when was the last time you kissed someone (if you haven’t had your first kiss, who would you like that first someone to be?)
Excluding platonic kisses with family, the last time was back in high school, but it was a guy so it doesn’t really count in my book lol.
“flannel: what’s your favorite day of the year? is there a reason it’s your favorite?”
Am I supposed to pick, like, a specific date here? ‘Cause if that’s the case, the entire calendar year is just a build-up to Christmas day imo.
“chilly air: what’s your least favorite and favorite type of weather?”
Least favorite is definitely the kind of extremely hot, muggy, relentlessly sunny weather that inevitably builds up to a violent thunderstorm in the late afternoon. My favorite is a day that’s sunny but cool, perfect for wearing a sweater, and ideally with a brisk wind.
“scarves: if you could only wear one outfit for the rest of your life what would it be?”
I have an outfit that I’m really fond of which features a green-blue blouse, jeans, and a brown faux-leather jacket. I also wear a necklace that I got years ago in the Grand Canyon and earrings made from real scarab beetles. I think I’d be fine wearing that every day tbh.
“apple cider: if you could throw a party, and invite absolutely anyone, who would they be?”
Everywhere I go is a party and everyone I meet is invited.
haunted houses: what’s your scariest memory? (if you don’t have one/ don’t want to talk about it, what’s your biggest fear?)”
I am deeply afraid of blindness, time that I feel I have wasted, and touching soggy bread.
fuzzy boots: if you could live in any year/era, which would it be and why?”
The current one, tbh…like for all the issues that we’ve obviously got I can’t fathom going back to a time where we didn’t have, like, stellar advancements in medicine or the ability to access pretty much any piece of information with the push of a button. I love the aesthetic of ca. 1100s Byzantium though.
thanksgiving: what is something/someone you’re the most thankful for? any particular reason?”
Obviously I could list many, many things here. Currently I’m especially thankful for the cooler, very fall-like weather we’ve had here lately and the guidance I’ve gotten from my supervisors at work this past summer. Also I found out today that I got into a class I applied for and really wanted!
black friday: what is one thing, if anything, you would sell your soul to own?”
Some fucking talents? Maybe some life skills? Those would be useful.
apple picking: if you could go anywhere, where would it be and why?”
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: I’d like nothing more than to travel to central Europe with friends. I especially want to go to Vienna because honestly that city is perfect as a travel destination? The culture, the palaces, the incredible zoo they have there, THE FOOD.
corn mazes: do you have any secret talents/abilities?”
People tend to be impressed by my ability to wiggle my eyebrows in a wave motion.
“hay rides: if you could pick absolutely anything to be your form of transportation, what would it be?”
I would really love to own a Harley-Davidson bike at some point in the future.
the color orange: do you have a specific song that reminds you of autumn? what is it?”
Let’s see…”Last Leaf” by OK Go is the first that comes to mind and it’s a pretty obvious one. I can’t hear “Linus And Lucy” by Vince Guaraldi without thinking of It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, which is in itself a prime autumn mood. Uh…weirdly some Jukebox the Ghost songs like “Dead” and “Ghosts In Empty Houses” make me think of autumn but in like a haunting, depressing way?
“windy nights:if you could go to any concert whose would it be?”
I’m not a big fan of concerts in general, but I have always wanted to see Bruce Springsteen live, and also I’d love to go back to another Jukebox the Ghost concert because the first one I saw was so much fun.
“holding hands: do you believe in soulmates?”
I believe that a few times in your life, you will always manage to find people who can relate to and understand you better than almost anyone else in the world possibly could and you’ll naturally gravitate towards those people, so in that sense, I believe in soulmates.
23 tips for the ladies just starting their early twenties
Hey everybody, your resident feminist reader nerd fangirl is starting her last year of early twenties today!
Since I somehow have almost 4,000 followers, I thought I’d write you a list of things for every lass in her early twenties to remember (because most of my followers are in that age category or will be eventually). This is based on my own experiences and those of my closest friends.
1) Life is too short to not drink your coffee/tea just the way you like. Pour as much or as little of that sugar/milk/cinnamon/nutmeg/vanilla/cream/whatever as you like and ignore whoever is judging you. Delicious beverages easily make a crappy day better.
2) When you wake up in the morning, no matter how late you’re running, take some time to squeeze in a quick exercise. A stretch or two, a quickie, an “arm scissoring” exercise, or even five sit-ups would take less than five minutes and you’ll get enough endorphins to last you almost a day. Seriously.
3) If you are unhappy, don’t sweep it under the rug - chances are you’ll feel much worse afterward if the problem isn’t dealt with. Figure out what makes you unhappy and unless it’s detrimental to your future and financial stability, get rid of that person/thing/meal item/job for good. If that’s not an option, at least you won’t be feeling guilty and beating yourself up over being unhappy.
4) If you take the train to and from work/school and it’s impossibly crowded and you can’t hold onto anything to prevent you from falling down and hurting others, bend your knees slightly when the train is arriving/departing. It will help you stay in the upright position.
5) Invest in items of clothing/make up/jewellery that can instantly make you feel fabulous and wear it every day. If that’s not possible, wash your hair before you leave the house or jump into a bathroom to dry shampoo it. It would make you feel great and productive.
6) If your romantic partner doesn’t treat you like a queen, tell him/her/them to get lost and work on your financial stability and intellectual pursuits instead of wasting your time on them. There are other ways to fill your sexual needs (if applicable).
7) If someone (your partner or your parents/relatives) is deliberately making you feel guilty about spending their money, after having given it to you, you have nothing to feel guilty about. But unless you need it, try not to take money from them again because you will feel like crap afterwards and it’s not worth it.
8) It’s better to have two bras that fit perfectly than a bunch of bras that are either too big or too small that you bought because they were cheaper/cuter.
9) If a romantic partner breaks up with you because you’re “too much to handle” or something like that, DON’T PROMISE THEM TO CHANGE. They don’t love the real you - they are the Nick Dunnes of this world. You’re awesome as you are and deserve to be treated like a queen that you are.
10) If you feel that someone is being emotionally abusive towards you and your way to deal with it is to share your feelings with someone (which is healthy), you need to be 100% sure that this someone would not share what you told them with your abusers. Better safe than sorry. Plus, that way you can avoid stressing out about it.
11) Some TV shows or books attempt to glamourise stress and being extra anxious and extra stressed about a job (looking at you, Parks and Rec). Stress and anxiety are unfortunately a big part of everyday life nowadays, but they are NOT COOL or glamorous. Don’t stress out about not being stressed out enough.
12) Make sure to have a glass of water before you go to sleep if you’ve been drinking that night. Hangovers are another thing that are way less cool in real life than on TV.
13) Keep organised - everyone has their own methods. But don’t stress out about things like highlighting a sentence in the colour that doesn’t match your “system” or having placed a post-it on the side of a page rather than on top. I was guilty of being that person in law school and failed an open-book exam because I was too anxious about dog-earing enough pages and having my notes match those in the textbook to a T. Staying organised is healthy. Being Monica Geller isn’t.
14) That being said, do make sure that you don’t throw away your bills, bank statements, insurance and other significant correspondence. And keep them in files, or even a single file if that works for you. You will almost certainly need them in the future so it’s best to keep them in one place.
15) Having a crush on a fictional character is great. Wishing that a potential S.O had the attributes of that character is great. What’s not great is when you place your S.O on a pedestal and expect them to be exactly like Augustus Waters or Killian Jones or Angela Montenegro and get mad at them when they don’t act like your fictional crush. Your S.O is their own person and projecting a fictional character onto them is not healthy for either person in the relationship.
16) If you work better at your desk at home, make sure to make yourself a space for working only. If you work better in a library or a cafe, don’t spend your time there facebooking or reading fanfiction (unless that is your job in which case I need you to hook me up). The guilt you feel about not having done the work is not worth five minutes of scrolling through your News feed and you can read fanfics when you get home.
17) Learn another language (at least one). And if you don’t have the brain for languages, learn html or sign.
18) Eat your greens. If you hate steamed vegetables (and you probably do), Google recipes for roasted cauliflower, roasted Parmesan broccoli, spinach portobello burgers, and asparagus Parmesan fries. All these things take 20 minutes to make and are absolutely delicious.
19) If you carry your money in your bra (which I personally don’t recommend), make sure to shower at the end of that day.
20) Update your music library on occasion - some songs that remind you of shitty people have to go because Shuffle is your worst enemy in these instances.
21) Very few people actually care if you’re sorry you haven’t completed a project on time or screwed up a presentation somehow. Don’t waste your time on composing a perfect apology - just invest your emotional and intellectual resources in fixing the mistake.
22) However, it is very bad form not to apologise for rudeness. Especially to people in the service industry. Or better yet, just don’t be rude to them.
23) Your life is unlikely to go according to a plan you may have composed and perfected and laminated the day you turned 18 (no? Just me then) and it doesn’t mean it’s bad. Life is unpredictable, so there is no use wasting your time thinking about what if’s - it will just make you stress out.