SKIN CARE TIPS:
long post ahead but please read
Okay I know acne can literally ruin one’s self esteem, and I know how difficult it is to get rid of them, but it sure is possible so listen up:
*I know you all have different skin types so I pretty much only mentioned shit that works on all.
Okay idk where to start so imma make some shitty intro like Acne Is Mostly Caused By Stress, Hormones, Or Poor Hygiene, and then I’ll go straight to my point.
•••Whatever the cause is, it’s fixable. If it is poor hygiene which I doubt, then all you gotta do is start washing your face or some shit. If it’s hormones you pretty much can’t stop those outbreaks but you can fix them when they happen. And if it’s stress you gotta start doing some anti-stress shit like working out or taking long baths or writing or drawing or whatever that’ll calm you down.
Now, this so far wasn’t exactly helpful so I should probably move on.
Here are some tips and products you should use:
1. So many people will tell you that essential oils do wonders. Don’t trust them, those oils probably won’t improve your skin, they can only cause contact dermatitis and that’s certainly not something you wanna experience. Coconut and olive oils are fine tho, but only if you have dry skin.
2. La Roche-Posay effeclar collection!!! It truly does wonders and you can probably find it in any pharmacy!!! It is kinda expensive but it’s worth it I swear. And!! It’s hypo-allergenic.
3. Ok this is so gonna sound lame but DRINK WATER!!!! Your skin will thank you for that!
4. Face masks are fine but make sure they suit your skin type, otherwise they’ll fuck you up. I honestly love Nivea. And do not trust Sephora with your face masks. Also, those pinterest DIY masks are not to be trusted, but if you really wanna make your own mask use honey and yoghurt. And egg whites. Cinnamon is fine but it can literally burn your skin so be careful with it. Same with lemon and baking soda. I once made a DIY Cinnamon-Lemon-Yoghurt-Oats mask and my skin was red for hours.
5. Azelaic acid based gels and creams!!!! They will literally fix your skin so fast, I had a friend with the worst acne ever and I gave her one of those creams and her skin was literally perfect after using it for a month. And for all I know those aren’t expensive at all, tho you might need a prescription but I’m not sure.
6. If you have oily skin you literally gotta wash it everytime you feel it’s getting oily. Which means at least 3-4 times a day.
7. Many people say that if you want clear skin you gotta stop wearing makeup, but it’s not true. You just gotta find products that suit you; when it comes to foundations I personally prefer MaxFactor bc it’s really good and even my really sensitive skin approves it!! So, makeup is fine just make sure you find the right products.
8. EXFOLIATE!! It’s hella important. I prefer Uriage Hyséac exfoliating mask thing idk you can use it as a mask or as an exfoliant but for all I know it’s pretty expensive. Honey and sugar DIY exfoliators work just as fine.
9. Sleep is important for all I’ve heard.
10. WEAR SUNSCREEN. My personal favorites are Avene, La roche-posay, Vichy and Bioderma; all spf 50+.
11. If you put anything acid-ish or chemicalpeeling-ish do not expose your skin directly to sunlight.
12. Clindamycin solution!!! Saved my ass a few years ago but I’m not sure if you can get it w/out prescription.
13. Also, if you get stressed out, your cortisol will do anything to cause you some acne so make sure you wash your face after every stressful situation ever.
14. If none of this helps you, go get a prescription for azithromycin. It’ll probably help.
If you have any questions feel free to dm me.
Also, I did not make this shit up.
PS I’m too lazy to proof-read this so I’m sorry for bad grammar or spelling or whatever. Ly all xx
Edit 2: Also, if you’re using sugar as an exfoliant please exfoliate gently, for it can fuck you up if you over-do it.