six movies i’ll always watch
- the princess diaries honest to blog i think this is still my favorite movie?? i mean, criminally different from the books, but on it’s own the perfect 2000s movie. it checks all my boxes of being set on my turf so i get to joyfully yell about all the geographic inconsistencies (my fav past time) but also being a great portrayal of a cool teen girl!!! and the sets they built, the whole world!! love that dang movie. fun fact: used to go trick or treating at that “school” because it’s actually just a dude’s house
- dreams (the akira kurosawa film) this is just such a beautifully shot movie and really meaningful explorations of environmentalism. based on 7 dreams the director had.
- everything is illuminated also a great book as well, and haven’t seen this movie in a few years but it was my fav during the height of my twee phase, and i think i’d still love it. it’s about a young jewish man with ocd who goes to eastern europe to learn the story about how his grandfather survived the holocaust. beautiful, touching, weird movie that def did not get enough praise ever
- pride & prejudice look i love the miniseries too, but as far as movies, this is just so gorgeous to watch. if you like your high romance overly saturated in golden sunsets and mournful foggy marshes and love soaked in all the grand estates ten thousand a year can buy, have i got the movie for you
- clueless banking on the perfect blend of romantic austen and the 90s, this is a movie i think i watch at least every six months with my friends. just so good
- 10 things i hate about you it was a hard call between this and dazed & confused, but 10 things has more nostalgia for me personally, so it makes the cut. i’ve lost count of the amount of times i’ve seen this movie/could probably quote the entire thing
i’ve lost track of who hasn’t done this so idk who to tag but i guess @stillscape @gentlesleaze @this-too-too-sullied-flesh @soyforramen @crawledoutofthesea?? y’all done this?? anyone else can say i’ve tagged them etc etc etc