me, @childhood friends to lovers trope:
It doesn't always have to be like this, yanno? Like, boys and girls can be friends or even best friends for forever and not develop romantic/sexual feelings for the other. A deep meaningful relationship between guys doesn't mean they want to bang. Sometimes, gal pal really are just gal pals. Platonic relationships exist!!
also me, when I see fictional childhood friends:
sign me the FUCK up 👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good shit go౦ԁ sHit👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌shit right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my selｆ 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠＯOOＯOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good shit
After much photo editing and squinting I was able to make out almost all of it:
POE PARTY SEASON 2 Story ideas
- Kill HG Wells for good - Instead of murders… (I have no idea what the rest says but I’m pretty sure it says back massages??) - They are just a theater group getting really into character - Joe the director murders everyone off screen - CGI mustache - REVEAL: Hemingway is Poe’s father - Eddie is Hemingway’s father - BUT - Poe is Eddie’s father - WHAT? - You heard me! - Kevin Spacey IS Keyser Soze - Rachel got off the plane!! - It was New York all along - Rosebud is the… (again, no idea what that last word was)
“Over a decade ago a team of revolutionaries called the killjoys lost their lives while saving a mysterious young girl from the tyrannical mega-corporation Better Living Industries. Today, the killjoys live on in memory, if not belief, as BLI widens its reach and freedom fades.”
- The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys, written by Gerard Way and Shaun Simon
for those touch prompts from forever ago: supercorp + kisses
kara’s got storybooks filled with kisses by the time may rolls into june.
lena kisses her before she leaves for work and lena kisses her when she returns home that night. kara kisses lena in parks and on balconies, behind alleyways and on barstools.
lena’s tipsy and kara’s not really in any shape to fly but that doesn’t mean she doesn’t try.
“no no,” lena says, more giggle than anything else. “you can’t fly.” she points an accusing finger and it’s cute, it’s so cute that kara pouts.
“you’re so cute,” kara slurs. her eyes light up then and she excitedly takes lena’s hand in hers. “ever gone flying?”
“i don’t like to fly,” lena says. “that’s why we’re gonna take a cab home.” she stops at the curb and naively expects kara to stop with her. it’s like pulling on a moving car.
“but lena,” kara whines, feet restless. “i can fly. i can fly us so far from here.”
lena hums. “kara can’t fly.” there’s something pointed to the tone of her voice and kara’s not in a mood to figure out why. she can fly, goddamnit.
“remember when i flew to vienna and we ate -” she pauses, tongue pointing out in concentration. “flesh?”
“fleisch, babe. and technically, you ate schnitzel.”
kara circles lena and lena has to use both of her hands to steady her wobbly drunk girlfriend. “fleisch means flesh,” kara says very importantly because it is very important that lena know that kara knows this. “i speak twenty-eleven languages.”
lena barks out a laugh. “how many languages do you speak?” she pokes kara’s midsection and laughs at the way kara pretends to be wounded.
“twenty-eleven.” kara recovers, fixes her glasses astutely. “that doesn’t account for my ability to fly.”
a couple passes them on the street and they’re not within hearing distance but lena still stiffens.
“babe, you’re drunk,” she soothes. she gathers kara in her arms then, her hands resting comfortably on the small of kara’s back.
“you’re drunk,” kara mimics, her smile goofy. “you’re drunk, i’m drunk, i can fly -”
there’s lips on her lips then, pressure coming from her favorite person on her favorite place and she feels like she’s flying right now, like she’s going to ascend into rao’s light with cherry on her tongue and ale staining the back of her throat.
they part and it makes a sticky wet noise that kara giggles at. lena nuzzles her nose against kara’s. “we’re taking a cab,” she whispers. kara nods through the haze of alcohol and her girlfriend.
“we’re taking a cab,” she repeats. lena breathes a sigh of relief.
“you’re welcome.” kara’s gaze is heavy and trained on lena’s lips. “kiss me again?”
lena laughs and laughs and kara feels june busting out all over as she kisses lena under street lamps.
May I ask a question that doesn't include this one?? What do you think of the whole deal with Felix and some of his friends standing up for him, stating that he's not antisemitic and he was just joking and all of that??
i have zero sympathy for pewdiepie, or anyone who chose to defend him. even if he’s not personally antisemitic (which is.. debatable), he’s still
contributing to a worrying trend of antisemitism not being taken seriously, and normalizing hateful speech towards jewish people to a fanbase of millions of young, impressionable people
I gave a new game a try. When I arrived they were in a little hamlet. Suddenly they were hiding from an angry mob of townspeople, and all the players were completely confused about this, arguing about it’s fairness with the DM. After about half an hour of this fighting, and two players threatening to quit over it, the truth of the story came out. The players had been busy, and had also picked up a very bad habit from their “charming rogue”. If they saw something they wanted, they’d kill the NPC owning it, take the thing, and then just leave and never think about it again. They would ignore plot-related warnings about the town discovering the murders. They wouldn’t cover up their tracks, they’d just kind of walk out in broad daylight from some shop they visited, leaving the corpse of the shopkeep in a pool of blood behind them.
The concept that this would catch up with them, or that the other NPCs would notice in any way never occurred to them. They even argued various video games where the other NPCs WOULDN’T have noticed, and they could’ve pillaged as they liked. The ruling came down, the DM was firm on this - if you’re gonna be villains, you’re gonna be treated like villains. The players were still grumbling about it when it came time for ACTUAL play.
“Arella, sorry about that, what is Prianna going to do?”
“Take one look at these blood-stained jerks, yell “THEY’RE OVER HERE” to the townspeople, and walk away.”
And that is how I bailed on what would’ve been a disastrous party to play with.
So for the lot of you who are still blissfully unaware of French presidential elections:
Here are our main candidats:
- Marine Lepen: candidate of the nationalist/white pride party. Believed to be at the head of the election for the first round. Looks like Donald Trump if he was a ‘competent’ politician. Literally the antichrist, because her father is definitively Satan and we should have drown her in the village pond when we had the chance. We didn’t, now she will bring the apocalypse upon us. (is accused to have stolen 300 000€ from the European parlement)
- François Fillon: Margaret Tatcher with worse hair and eyebrows. Candidate of the catholic pride and the anti-gay. Is Harassed by a duck which accuses him of having stolen 900 000€ to the French parlement and of having too many sugar daddies. Uses to be the leader of the election, it was before the duck business. (he is now official charged for fictitious employments).
- Emmanuel Macron: Populist for bobos (bourgeois who think themselves of the left but not to the point of actually doing something for others). As just given is program two weeks ago. Doesn’t seem confident on foreign policy. Thinks that forbidding smartphone in middle school will put an end to social reproduction. Thinks that labour code doesn’t apply to young people. Thinks anti-gay have been humiliated when gay marriage was established. Is supported by NM Rothschild & Sons. Is believed the be second in the first round of the election.
- Benoit Hamon: Lying hobbit. No seriously he really looks like a hobbit (ask @onestenrepublique) and is already withdrawing some of his promises. Socialist party candidat but his party isn’t really supporting him. Will probably not win.
Jean-Luc Mélenchon: Angry socialist that passes for an angry communist. Is against the European Union. Will appear to the masses through holograms to teach them about Marx and the working class’ struggle. Populist too. Is stealing votes from Hamon.
If you want to have even worse nightmare just let me add that the closest constitution to the French one is the Russian one…
hey broegan :) can you tell me about mj? i feel like i don't know much about her! what's she like? why is she your favourite?
oh gosh i don’t even know where to begin.
mary jane watson is such a lovely character. she’s intricate and complex and great. she started off as this party girl and you just think she’s shallow and doesn’t really care about anything but herself.
then it turns out she actually has an extremely abusive home life/father, so she puts on this party girl facade to hide from that. she doesn’t want to let anybody in, she just wants to have fun to forget about it. (after the death of gwen stacy, it changed her and peter a lot, and they both grew up).
she wants to be a star in any possible way. she has huge hopes n dreams and is determined and confident.
she is a huge feminist (which is pretty big back in the 60s).
she is honestly the most supportive girlfriend in the entire world.
and she is incredibly bad ass and has saved peter’s ass countless times and isn’t the damsel everyone for some reason thinks she is?
and this video perfectly sums up not only her being the best love interest for peter parker, but for them being the best love story in comics, period.