after writing hundreds of songs day and night, his very own composition is finally being used by sm entertainment. he wrote it not for himself, but for jongdae and his juniors, because he really likes making music. his passion for the arts is really overshadowed in exo sometimes.
baby steps yixing… you’re getting there.
also pls all hail producer zhang and his obnoxious retweet on weibo to purposely inform us that jongdae is included in this song (✿◠‿◠)
look, i’m not sure how many people are aware of this with the recent events, but there’s a huge uprising in korea right now, the likes of which haven’t been seen ever since 2008. people are pushing for change, and there’s a lot of shit being done to them, including but not limited to tear gas, water cannons, beatings, and a combination of all three.
i don’t want to detract from the other events that are going on in the world right now, but this is incredibly important. some forms of korean media are specifically going out of their way to either ignore or deride the movement and the hashtag that koreans have been using has more or less been derailed on twitter.
my country is undergoing a lot of internal turmoil, and while it is understandable due to it being fairly recent, the movement isn’t getting enough attention. this needs more attention.
“A witch ought never to be frightened in the darkest forest, Granny Weatherwax had once told her, because she should be sure in her soul that the most terrifying thing in the forest was her.” - Terry Pratchett
AU in which someone gives me the funds to make a show about a coven of young British witches looking to live fast and die really, really old (although actually they’re not planning to die at all - but shh, spoiler alert). Featuring fiercely strong bonds of friendship, witchy nights in with pyjamas and ice cream, and lots of token male characters who exist only as plot advancements and eye candy and who usually die after an episode or two.
This is Peter Freuchen. He was an arctic explorer, journalist, author and anthropologist who, during his lifetime, took a 1000-mile dogsled trip around Greenland, starred in an Oscar-winning film, wrote more than a dozen books, amputated his own gangrenous toes himself (and thereafter wore a peg leg), was involved in the Danish resistance against Germany, was imprisoned and sentenced to death by Nazis before escaping to Sweden, was friends with Jean Harlow and Mae West, won $64,000 on the TV show The $64,000 Question, and once escaped from a blizzard shelter by cutting his way out of it using a knife fashioned from his own frozen feces.
I just had a sudden realization while watching Shout. Blaine once said that the Warbler performances tended to shut the school down for awhile, and that’s more or less what happened with Shout. They went through all the different rooms, disrupted classes, every one cheered them on and joined in and OMG NEW DIRECTIONS HAVE REACHED WARBLER STATUS. THE NEW DIRECTIONS ARE LIKE ROCK STARS.
My mom who works as a travel agent just sent me this email full of genuine complaints from a traveling company's UK clientele
1. “I think it should be explained in the brochure that the local store does not sell proper biscuits like custard creams or ginger nuts.”
2. “It’s lazy of the local shopkeepers to close in the afternoons. I often needed to buy things during ‘siesta’ time – this should be banned.”
3. “On my holiday to Goa in India, I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don’t like spicy food at all.”
4. “We booked an excursion to a water park but no-one told us we had to bring our swimming costumes and towels.”
7. “The beach was too sandy.”
8. “We found the sand was not like the sand in the brochure. Your brochure shows the sand as yellow but it was white.”
10. “Topless sunbathing on the beach should be banned. The holiday was ruined as my husband spent all day looking at other women.”
12. “No-one told us there would be fish in the sea. The children were startled.”
13. “There was no egg-slicer in the apartment.”
14. “We went on holiday to Spain and had a problem with the taxi drivers as they were all Spanish.”
15. “The roads were uneven..”
16. “It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England. It took the Americans only three hours to get home.”
17. “I compared the size of our one-bedroom apartment to our friends’ three-bedroom apartment and ours was significantly smaller.”
18. “The brochure stated: 'No hairdressers at the accommodation’. We’re trainee hairdressers – will we be OK staying there?”
19. “There are too many Spanish people. The receptionist speaks Spanish. The food is Spanish. Too many foreigners now live abroad.”
20. “We had to queue outside with no air-conditioning.”
21. “It is your duty as a tour operator to advise us of noisy or unruly guests before we travel.”
22. “I was bitten by a mosquito. No-one said they could bite.”
23. “My fiancé and I booked a twin-bedded room but we were placed in a double-bedded room. We now hold you responsible for the fact that I find myself pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked.”